Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Return1 View Post
    Just to nitpick, why would you call it bushido? Bushido has nothing to do with nitoryu. Wanna point out that, historically, Nitoryu can be performed with 2 blades of medium length or a large katana and small katana.
    The proper name for the ability is actually Monkey Grip, and it is, historically, a Warrior ability.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Equipment_Abilities. Then subbing NIN or DNC would allow them dual wield 2H weapons. Frankly if dual wielding 2H weapons became possible it would be Warrior who should get it. It's definitely not something Samurai needs.

Samurai should get Doublehand and deal additional damage with any 2H weapon. It already has 2H boons, Doublehand or or Iaido weapon skills would make a lot more sense.

Meditate -> Iaido (buffs/debuffs/Generates additional TP) -> Auto Attacks etc etc etc sounds much more logical.

I always thought Samurai would have been cool with stances, personally.
    (0)
    Last edited by Horadrim; 02-14-2013 at 02:04 AM.

2. 02-14-2013 03:02 AM

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Monkey Grip on a 2H weapon would be interesting, as long as SE implemented such that it treated it as a 1H weapon. It would lose the 2H Attack / Accuracy and Ratio bonus's but gain the ability to be DW for additional delay reduction. Would have a REALLY long attack round delay though.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    but the question that many seem to be missing in this thread is......what would be the benefit? Seriously I have read post after post about how to make sure it is not over powered, but the question still remains why should I use this method over normal method? Does it net you faster tp at the cost of slower attack rounds? Does it have an increase to ws damage? Now before people start with the "well you can equip an occ att gkt in off hand," ya thats equipment boosts. I want to know what the ability brings to the table. Example: Kick Attacks, it reduces the amount of attacks down but increases damage. However as anyone whose ever leveled mnk before knows this ability is useless because it was implemented wrong. But this is my point, I want to know what it can offer besides dual wielding gkt. I want something unique, something useful, something that makes me say "Hey lets use this."
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Umm it would definitely boost your WS, having a guaranteed off hand hit with a DMG 120~160+ weapon kind of does that. Also could increase your melee DPS depending on your target. DW does really well against targets that are T~VT or lower.

On the other side of that coin, there should be an ability to wield a 1H weapon in both hands. Would treat it was a "2H" weapon for the function of Acc/Atk/ Ratio and JA's. Give it to DRK cause of the possibility of the upcoming modification to LR.
    (2)
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Umm it would definitely boost your WS, having a guaranteed off hand hit with a DMG 120~160+ weapon kind of does that. Also could increase your melee DPS depending on your target. DW does really well against targets that are T~VT or lower.

On the other side of that coin, there should be an ability to wield a 1H weapon in both hands. Would treat it was a "2H" weapon for the function of Acc/Atk/ Ratio and JA's. Give it to DRK cause of the possibility of the upcoming modification to LR.
    Ok so your response is dual wield is the benefit. Ok well seeing as how it would be faster to build tp with just going 2handed and the faster we get tp the more ws this makes this ability useless. Also when it comes down to it SE would implement off hand only gkt for this ability and they would be really weak or just katana. Also duel wield has an automatic hit on ws.......are you serious. I've played the game since Jan. 2005 and I have never heard anything like this regarding duel wield.

Come on surely someone can come up with something that would make this ability worthwhile other than duel wield gkt with huge restrictions. First off you lose Hasso and Seigan for this ability, so we need something to counter this loss.
    (0)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by StingRay104 View Post
    Also duel wield has an automatic hit on ws.......are you serious. I've played the game since Jan. 2005 and I have never heard anything like this regarding duel wield.
    Yes, when you're dual wielding, physical weapon skills gain an extra hit. This is common knowledge.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Dual_Wield

"During physical-damage Weapon Skills, an extra hit is performed with the secondary weapon. This does not apply to elemental Weapon Skills (such as Shining Strike) or special Weapon Skills such as Spirits Within."
    (2)

Character
    Yru
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Thing about 2-handed weapons is you can't equip an off-hand. I don't think they'd go through the trouble of adding a slew of new animations for one class, let alone break whatever code dictates that you can't use a second weapon if both hands are occupied by a larger one.

Would be neat, though.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by StingRay104 View Post
    Ok so your response is dual wield is the benefit. Ok well seeing as how it would be faster to build tp with just going 2handed and the faster we get tp the more ws this makes this ability useless. Also when it comes down to it SE would implement off hand only gkt for this ability and they would be really weak or just katana. Also duel wield has an automatic hit on ws.......are you serious. I've played the game since Jan. 2005 and I have never heard anything like this regarding duel wield.

Come on surely someone can come up with something that would make this ability worthwhile other than duel wield gkt with huge restrictions. First off you lose Hasso and Seigan for this ability, so we need something to counter this loss.

I'm at a loss for words .....
    I don't want to be snarky and rude yet this guy is practically begging for it. Maybe he's trolling everyone or something ... not sure...
    (1)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I'd really just prefer for them to UP Samurai's Ranged and give us Bow WSs.
    (1)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalabob View Post
    Yes, when you're dual wielding, physical weapon skills gain an extra hit. This is common knowledge.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Dual_Wield

"During physical-damage Weapon Skills, an extra hit is performed with the secondary weapon. This does not apply to elemental Weapon Skills (such as Shining Strike) or special Weapon Skills such as Spirits Within."
    yep and as
    If single-handed weapons are Dual Wielded, the weapon skills gain 1 additional hit which return the same amount of TP as if 1 hit is landed
    now gear for a 4hit build and you get WS=>1round=>WS.

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    120-160dmg from off hand? not that much (amano and masa99 are "only" 132)
    + offhand hit on shoha wont get attack boost

if weapon are no longer treated as 2H MG DW sam have low attack (0 attack trait, loss of hasso, loss of /war) no native multihit (lol zanshin without hasso) and can no longer cap DR, loose aftermatch/relic proc on off hand (if RME sam)
    = it wont increase you melee DPS

edit and i hate that "monkey grip" name
    (0)

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast