Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

[Suggestion] Alchemy Guild Point Items

Many (most) alchemy guild point items require base items which are high-level synths from other crafts and are rarely sold.

(e.g. Venom Kris).

I feel the degree to which this is true is unfair compared to other crafts.

Please do one of two things:

1.) Remove these GP items for other items which can be synthesized from raw materials.

or

2.) Make these base weapons (darksteel kris etc.) available from NPCs somewhere.

Seeing as most of these mid-level base weapons are sold virtually never, I really don't think making them available from NPCs is going to hurt anyone's wallet.
    (9)

It never takes me long to shout for help in making those base items. Never gone out on a limb purchasing the materials and not found someone who could make it for me in /shouts.

Be glad, alchemy GP is pretty easy compared to other guilds like cooking. I'd rather go find someone to make a base item that I will turn into something for 5k-7k GP per item then turn in 34239872 of some food for 1800 GP.
    (2)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    By the time I've spent 25k on ingredients, and tipped a crafter 50k, and shouted for 30 minutes, I might as well have paid 100k to a NPC and removed gil from the economy.
    (3)

50k tip for a 25k item? Umm.

Never takes me more than 10 minutes, I never offer a tip in my shout, and in most cases any tip beyond fireworks I offer after the fact (which I do offer just not in shout) is turned down. Fenrir that bad?
    (1)

Character
    Dathus
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    That, or he just likes throwing away his gil.

I agree with Phogg. Either shout/have an LSmate make it/suck it up and not do that day's item. Yes, it's nice that it's only one or two synths for 5k GP, but if it doesn't happen, then don't cry over spilled milk. If anything, reward him after he makes you a dozen or so, and keep the rest on a mule for when this happens again.
    (0)

Character
    Korialstrasz
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Oooooor like he originally suggested, just remove the bullshit items altogether. There's no reason GP items should be reliant on entirely different crafts, especially when the required skill lvl is beyond what your subcrafts can be.

For example, Venom Kris requires 87 alchemy, which uses Darksteel Kris which takes 72 smithing.
    (3)
    ~ The OF motto ~
    If someone has more gil than me, they bought it.
    If someone outclaims me, they're botting.
    If someone is more successful than me, they cheat.

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
    50k tip for a 25k item? Umm.

Never takes me more than 10 minutes, I never offer a tip in my shout, and in most cases any tip beyond fireworks I offer after the fact (which I do offer just not in shout) is turned down. Fenrir that bad?
    10 minutes of my time is already worth 80k.

There's no reason not to sell the base weapons used for GP items in crafts (Goldsmithing had a few two) on NPCs. They're releasing enfeebling items so people can 2-box their VW city path clears, but I have to waste time shouting to get a base item to synth a GP item when most other crafts can just buy ingredients and do a few synths?

Yeah, no. Of course it's doable, but there's no reason to not streamline it, with all of the other convenience changes they've made to the game at this point.

Let me summarize it this way:

Me: This aspect of the game is currently inconvenient (GP items requiring high-level synths from other crafts that are rarely made/sold). Here are some reasonable adjustments.
    You: No, you can do it right now in an inconvenient way! There's no reason to adjust this.

tl;dr Add these items to NPCs somewhere, they don't have to be cheap. I don't mind paying for convenience. You want to spend time shouting for a crafter? Great! You still can, and such an adjustment would have no negative impact on you, or anyone else.
    (4)

Character
    Legomike
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    yes please but no ridiculous prices
    (1)
    Lego-DNC99 BST82 BRD69 PUP53 Other40+
    Sparkel-BST99 DRG82 RDM75 PUP53 Other40+
    Cooking100+6 Alchemy83+5 Other70 Gold52 Smith30
    Waiting For Death With Open Arms.

Guess they should just start handing out Mana barrels while they're at it since its so inconvenient. That and all the various fish cooks need for their GP items. Why not just have an option to pay gil for guild points!

Its not that big of a deal, and its not difficult unless you are lazy, so why bother with something so unnecessary.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    This needs to be universal for all crafts.

You should ONLY be required to make stuff using items craftable by the craft for the GP, this seems true only of fishing.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast