Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Sub NIN only works when you have the evasion to back it up. That also leaves you without provoke. All the refresh in the world does not matter if you keep getting hit for 300.

All the people I talk to in game agree with me, only here on troll central do I get any argument about this.
    (1)
    The Original Blue Mage

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Inafking View Post
    Sub NIN only works when you have the evasion to back it up. That also leaves you without provoke. All the refresh in the world does not matter if you keep getting hit for 300.

All the people I talk to in game agree with me, only here on troll central do I get any argument about this.
    Sub NIN is only for evasion tanks? Holy crap tell that to the PLD/NIN HNM Tanks of 2005-2008ish(maybe later than that kinda left HNM scene by then) or the WAR/NIN tanks of today who serve as a Red !! Proc, DD, and Tank.

I'm glad you have people who welcome your PLD and are accepting of you tanking on PLD for them, that however doesn't change the fact that for the majority of the community PLD is an unacceptable tank outside of Voidwatch because other jobs can do what PLD offers and more.
    (2)

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    other jobs can do what PLD offers and more.
    Right, which is why they need better gear and abilites for damage mitigation.
    (1)
    The Original Blue Mage

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Right, which is why they need better gear and abilites for damage mitigation.
    You don't get it... those jobs need 0 damage mitigation to be able to keep hate off the mages. My WAR/SAM uses 0 -PDT/DT/MDT and can tank most seal NMs without any problem.
    (1)

Character
    Ironside
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    I know it's been said repeatedly, but just for emphasis/clarity: PLD's problem generally has pretty much nothing to do with the amount of damage it does or doesn't take. Damage mitigation isn't a factor, it's damage output; high-level DDs tend to cap hate pretty quickly, at which a dedicated tank with nothing else to offer becomes pretty much useless, especially since Abyssea mobs usually won't kill said DDs more quickly than they can be healed. PLD doesn't have enough damage output to make it a major contributor outside of its tanking ability, which is useless once people reach the hate cap.
    (2)

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm all for helping sword out because it would help my BLU and RDM too. I have said before, my problem is with not being able to take damage like the most defensive job in the game should be able to do. Holding hate has never been a problem for me, even in Abyssea. Death is my problem.
    (0)
    The Original Blue Mage

Player
    Death is my problem.
    You just suck then dude. Pld easily has the most survivability and damage mitigation of any job.
    (3)

I'm all for helping sword out because it would help my BLU and RDM too. I have said before, my problem is with not being able to take damage like the most defensive job in the game should be able to do. Holding hate has never been a problem for me, even in Abyssea. Death is my problem.
    Maybe that has something to do with you going PLD/WAR.
    (1)

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbeen View Post
    Pld easily has the most survivability and damage mitigation of any job.
    Only with the best gear in the game.
    (1)
    The Original Blue Mage

There isn't a single job in the game that isn't total crap when wearing total crap gear so I don't see your point.
    (3)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast