Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Inafking View Post
    You're still asuming people have something to start with or that there is enough easily attainable gear and atma. That is simply not the case. I have the deaths to prove it.
    All atma and gear is easily obtainable. WHM atma and gear are exceedingly easier to obtain than most other people's atma/gear anyways. Your WHM is throwing out crappy excuses. But that's understandable. It's a lot easier for a Whm to blame their gear/atma than to admit that they suck and need to improve.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    All atma and gear is easily obtainable. WHM atma and gear are exceedingly easier to obtain than most other people's atma/gear anyways. Your WHM is throwing out crappy excuses. But that's understandable. It's a lot easier for a Whm to blame their gear/atma than to admit that they suck and need to improve.
    Seems like its a lot easier for many people to do that >_>
    (3)

Character
    Nakts
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    get a pup for main heal :P
    (1)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    PLD seems to suffer from the same problem as DRK.

You need the best of the best gear to really be relevant. While gear does matter I'm talking about Ochain and Apocalypse.

For most people that's not 'good' gear but simply the fevered dream of a mad man.

Gear should be matter, but these jobs lack so much in their mechanics and abilities, its very very unsettling.
    (1)

Character
    Mordanthos
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    dude my pld takes like 0 dmg whatsoever inside and outside abyssea, its pretty retarded. Your doing something horribly wrong. Most bosses hit my pld between 0-100 inside abyssea, and same outside abyssea. With atmas i have 40 HP regen, and 99 percent of the time, my WHM is bored because all they have to do is cast Regen IV and i stay full, and even if i do take dmg, i encourage them to let me heal myself just for the hate. I can keep myself alive with Cure IV alone, and IDk what your deal is, but PLD fricken pwns in the tanking department. The only problem with it, is that enmity is too easily capped by other jobs in a single attack, that actually tanking on a pld is a headache. With the new changes to Cover though, i fricken love it, and merited it, it appears to reduce the cover targets enmity over time. And 800+dmg Holy's are fricken awesome.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mordanthos; 07-14-2011 at 11:48 PM.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordanthos View Post
    dude my pld takes like 0 dmg whatsoever inside and outside abyssea, its pretty retarded. Your doing something horribly wrong. Most bosses hit my pld between 0-100 inside abyssea, and same outside abyssea. With atmas i have 40 HP regen, and 99 percent of the time, my WHM is bored because all they have to do is cast Regen IV and i stay full, and even if i do take dmg, i encourage them to let me heal myself just for the hate. I can keep myself alive with Cure IV alone, and IDk what your deal is, but PLD fricken pwns in the tanking department. The only problem with it, is that enmity is too easily capped by other jobs in a single attack, that actually tanking on a pld is a headache. With the new changes to Cover though, i fricken love it, and merited it, it appears to reduce the cover targets enmity over time. And 800+dmg Holy's are fricken awesome.
    POIDH (The taking 0 dmg not your 800+ Holys which when Atma are set for it can do almost 3k damage)

Seriously because either you're eyeballing horribly or embellishing your numbers by a lot. That being said it still doesn't solve the fact a DD can tank AND deal more damage than a PLD in Abyssea thus making PLD useless as it can "tank" but not deal more damage than a DD.
    (1)

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If you're not taking damage, it's because you have the stuff for it. I'm saying the stuff for it isn't avalible enough to make the job useful wich is why all the PLDs I've ever seen die while trying to fight NMs.
    (0)
    The Original Blue Mage

Player
    Oh my goodness, you mean gearing yourself appropriately actually yields results!?

brb, expanding my wardrobe to something other than just Dinner Jacket.
    (3)

Player
    What's with this thread and others like it. How come people can't realize that pld is of no use because there's nothing in abyssea hard enough to need it?
    (2)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Inafking View Post
    If you're not taking damage, it's because you have the stuff for it. I'm saying the stuff for it isn't avalible enough to make the job useful wich is why all the PLDs I've ever seen die while trying to fight NMs.
    Last time I checked pd could sub nin too, wait like they did at 75 cap on anything that mattered outside of JoL. Really the atma you get from windy nation missions and ASA that is 10 tic, with /rdm and nobles thats a easy 14 tic refresh with atmas that you theres a good chance you already have. I seen 4 shouts for MM fight in the past 3 days from different groups. You can even go in the zone and see if there is a group there killing it and ask to join for the atma or offer a pop in exchange. Basicly suck less get off your butt.

Only reason people don't take pld to tank is mnks, nin, wars can do it and kill faster. On top of nin and war can cover all red procs if your going after zone bosses, emp weapon items what ever you'll have them any way.

They did make a event for pld to come back into the tanking role, voidwatcher. Yes right now the rewards are not good enough to get people out of abyssea but give it time.
    (0)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast