Character
    Ramenuzumaki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Soft Strength Cap

So since the new level cap has raised, and the introduction of Abyssea, and the like. Has anyone done any testing to find out what the new STR cap is? I know pre-level cap raise it was 120 for the soft cap. However, on my Elvaan SAM I currently have 96 Base STR, so 120 seems to be a little low in lue of the new level cap increase, and how easy it is to gain extra bonuses from Abyssea Cruror buffs, and Atma.
    (0)

sorry my terminology is a little unclear.. is the soft cap the base cap or with bonuses?
    (0)
    (A)-GERM

Character
    Langly
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    The new STR cap? There's no new STR cap, the formula has stayed the same. Are you talking about the max of fSTR? Meaning, how much STR above the targets VIT before you cap out on the bonus from the difference?

"When STR-VIT value is high, fSTR can be approximated by ((your STR - monster VIT)+4)/4."

And the upper and lower fSTR values are based on your weapon's rank. Your Weapon Rank is calculated by taking your weapon's base damage and dividing by 9. Once you have that, your lower fSTR value is that value, and your upper value is that value +8.

Let's use the Masamune (90) as an example:

floor(114/9) = 12 <= The real answer is 12.666666~ but since we floor it, it's value is 12.

Now that we know Masamune's Weapon Rank, those with a Masamune know their fSTR can be:
    Lower: -12 <= (-Weapon Rank)
    Upper: 20 <= (Weapon Rank +8)

Solving backwards with the equation above regarding STR and enemies VIT, you can see that to hit the maximum of fSTR 20 you need to have about 76 more STR than the enemy has VIT. This will change depending on what you fight.

I sure hope I answered your question. It was worded a bit hard to understand for me. If I didn't solve your question I'm sorry!
    (0)
    Faule -- Quetz
    Langly -- Ninja land (it's a place don't look at me like that)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    To add on to that, STR from WS mods (or any WS mod) has no cap, so even if you cap fstr, if you're adding str and the WS has a STR mod, you will always gain damage, just not as much as when you are gaining both fstr and WSC
    (0)