Character
    Unctgtg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Funniest Moment As a Drk

Lets lighten up and change the topics.

Lets talk about what is your funniest or most memorable moment as a Drk, how long have you been a drk, what made you want to be come a dark. How do you see yourself as a dark?
    (0)
    99 Drk, 99 Sch, 99 Bst, 99 Geo and a ton of other jobs there
    110 +5 Bonecraft
    Level 99 Relic Scythe

I'm up!

I'm a FFXI player since 2005 but became a DRK, if I recall, in 2007.
    For what reason I became a DRK? I'm not too sure... I was playing .hack//G.U. and saw Haseo pwning dudes with those Dual Kraken clubs, chainsaw-like Great Sword and zomfg-Scythe.

That was *SERIOUSLY* my inspiration for being a DRK.
    There's another reason though: the first time I saw someone breaking a 1k DMG on FFXI was... from this SATA Spinning Slash.
    From that moment onwards I was like.... daaaaaaaaayum~ (that and, I've always wanted to main GS as WAR. When I heard I could do that as DRK I was pumped to level).

DRK has a meaning for me because at moments where I wanted to quit my friends pulled me up saying "We can do this, we'll walk together and you'll become a better DRK". Very much "believe in me who believes in you"-ish from gurren lagan.
    I think I remained as a DRK because I want to honor all the help my friends provided me. Reason enough for me to not quit and keep playing.. even if SE decides to never "fix" us.

How do do I see myself as a DRK?
    I'm sorry, I don't quite understand the question. I'd say I'm a sucessful one? Owning a Caladbolg and pretty much good gear I think I'm doing a good job at being a DRK. I wish I could've been better.. but that's another story.

Funniest moment? Hmm... I remember this w
    (Choaschynk): UUUUUUUUUGH! It's almost dying! Finish it off Mame! Go all out!
    (Camui): Angon is UP!
    (Mameshiba): HOKAY BITCHES! TIME TO SOULEATER ~
    Mameshiba uses Souleater
    Mameshiba uses Last Resort
    Mameshiba uses Spinning Slash
    Mameshiba misses the Serket
    Serket uses Critical Bite
    Mameshiba takes 1984 points of damage (or something, I remember being 1900)
    Mameshiba is defeated by the Serket
    (Mameshiba): oh that's just great!
    (Cutemomo): LOLZ.
    (0)

It all started on the Ragnarok server. The game was first released on PC and I got it the day it came out. Got a PS2 adapter for my PC so I could use my controller!

Looking at the Brady Game Guide (I know. I was stupid) I saw that Dark Knight was the class for me. Powerful damage with the ability to throw a magic spell here and there, sacrificing defense for power. That was all me, baby.

However, this was an era of "loldrg" and "loldrk." Finding party invites was very difficult, but I got by, teaching myself the hard way. I had no friends or help other than what others say in parties and from online message boards.

Sometime around level 50, I started developing a bit of a name for myself as a smart Dark Knight player. I got more invites from people hearing they've heard positive things about me. I was happy that I was beginning to stand out! However, there were times I got tired of the endless grind to 75 and quit for months at a time, always coming back, however.

I hit 75 at long last and the rest is history...up until I left Ragnarok for Phoenix, a server some friends I made were on. I don't regre leaving Ragnarok, though. Too many terrible endgame linkshells and drama were being left behind and Phoenix was a very welcomed fresh start.

How do I see myself? I think of myself as someone who is passionate about the job and is fairly intelligent when it comes to performing as a DRK in fights. Sadly, I'm unlucky as hell. I lose lots, I get screwed over a lot, and I am always entering parties that still have that "loldrk" idea before seeing me even try and do my job.

One of my greatest memories was my first fight with Shadow Lord at level 65. I actually had goosebumps going up Castle Zvahl! Entering the throne room, I had shivers and butterflies. After the fight was over, I felt an amazing sense of accomplishment that I was not able to replicate with any boss to this day. I felt jitters against Eald'narche, Alexander and promathia, but nothing ever matched the feeling I had as a Dark Knight going against Shadow Lord.

A more recent memory came from trying to obtain my Bale Choker. Against Smok, my whole party failed and died. However, a NIN and I both had Atma of the Apocalypse. So, while everyone was dead and unsure of what to do without reraise, the NIN and I were constantly raising, throwing ourselves at Smok! We died often, of course. I died about 36 times, but I wanted that choker! Soon enough, the dead party members got the idea and went to their Homepoint and came back with fresh HP and buffs. We finally killed it and I won the lot for Bale Choker! That was one of the most awesome Abyssea NM fights I've ever done. A weakened Ninja and Dark Knight practically duoing a huge Wyrm dragon for 50% of it's HP and succeeding.
    (0)

Character
    Bjoern
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagato View Post
    It all started on the Ragnarok server. The game was first released on PC and I got it the day it came out. Got a PS2 adapter for my PC so I could use my controller!

Looking at the Brady Game Guide (I know. I was stupid) I saw that Dark Knight was the class for me. Powerful damage with the ability to throw a magic spell here and there, sacrificing defense for power. That was all me, baby.

However, this was an era of "loldrg" and "loldrk." Finding party invites was very difficult, but I got by, teaching myself the hard way. I had no friends or help other than what others say in parties and from online message boards.

Sometime around level 50, I started developing a bit of a name for myself as a smart Dark Knight player. I got more invites from people hearing they've heard positive things about me. I was happy that I was beginning to stand out! However, there were times I got tired of the endless grind to 75 and quit for months at a time, always coming back, however.

I hit 75 at long last and the rest is history...up until I left Ragnarok for Phoenix, a server some friends I made were on. I don't regre leaving Ragnarok, though. Too many terrible endgame linkshells and drama were being left behind and Phoenix was a very welcomed fresh start.

How do I see myself? I think of myself as someone who is passionate about the job and is fairly intelligent when it comes to performing as a DRK in fights. Sadly, I'm unlucky as hell. I lose lots, I get screwed over a lot, and I am always entering parties that still have that "loldrk" idea before seeing me even try and do my job.

One of my greatest memories was my first fight with Shadow Lord at level 65. I actually had goosebumps going up Castle Zvahl! Entering the throne room, I had shivers and butterflies. After the fight was over, I felt an amazing sense of accomplishment that I was not able to replicate with any boss to this day. I felt jitters against Eald'narche, Alexander and promathia, but nothing ever matched the feeling I had as a Dark Knight going against Shadow Lord.

A more recent memory came from trying to obtain my Bale Choker. Against Smok, my whole party failed and died. However, a NIN and I both had Atma of the Apocalypse. So, while everyone was dead and unsure of what to do without reraise, the NIN and I were constantly raising, throwing ourselves at Smok! We died often, of course. I died about 36 times, but I wanted that choker! Soon enough, the dead party members got the idea and went to their Homepoint and came back with fresh HP and buffs. We finally killed it and I won the lot for Bale Choker! That was one of the most awesome Abyssea NM fights I've ever done. A weakened Ninja and Dark Knight practically duoing a huge Wyrm dragon for 50% of it's HP and succeeding.

Definatly "Zombie kill of the week" material!!
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I thought 1.5k rampages at 55 was funny, but that is just me.

or 58.. something like that.. damn atu birds
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Hmm, I'd have to say the funniest moment for me was seeing just how big a difference having near capped gear haste made between 72 and 75. Remember doing Dynamis a week prior at 72 and hardly ever getting a chance to do much let alone get hate from just melee, then next week comes by and I'm at 75 with homam, merits, and all that fun jazz. Couldn't even melee without pulling hate and ended up removing haste when it was cast on me cause I got tired of dying.

Other funny moment was pulling out a 2.2k Guillotine in dynamis at 75 (long before cap increase) just to have the mob left at 1%, double attack me finishing off the little HP I had left since Third eye decided to only anticipate one attack even though I had seigan up ;;
    (0)

Player
    My funniest (and saddest) moment as a DRK was when I leveled up two times in a Yhoator Jungle pt without EVER hitting the mob. And no, I was not AFK.
    (0)

Character
    Kaeoni
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leylah View Post
    My funniest (and saddest) moment as a DRK was when I leveled up two times in a Yhoator Jungle pt without EVER hitting the mob. And no, I was not AFK.
    hahaha

maaaaan, i remember that, (o_x); the memories!
    (0)

ive had a couple great memories on drk, been drk since ps2 release an all, lvln off the gobs in gustav my pt pulled a link bomb toss killed the mob and all my pt but i got off a sleep cast on the add an proceeded to run like hell from o-bow nm spawn to near the entrance when i realized there was another pt (lower lvl) doing the bats and they were having trouble and cfh on there link, instead of zoning my mob i helped them kill theirs and than refused to let my train kill them (before trained mobs depopd) dukedd out with my train til i died, the lower lvl pt raised me after and treated me like some heroic soldier lol was awesome
    another was actually doing the shantoto mission vs the clones, my whole pt wiped on first mob aside from me i ended up killing two on my ownb4 our jp rdm who was pure win rr'd started kiting the rest and i pulled them off him 1 by 1, he and i ended up winning it for the whole pt and what was better is we just sync'd amazingly given he didnt speak any english at all
    funniest well ive had a couple of pure noob ones like going 3/6 on goetia neck (d/c'd dropped alliance and finally got), which my friends still lulz about and when i was semi farming steam mail i literally typed "eeek" when i had a bunny train on me which my good friend ferra has still not let me live down ("big strong galka drk afraid of lil'bunnies....")
    (0)

Character
    Nivlac
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    lol you guys have some fun stories.

For me, I became a drk for two reason... one because of ffx-2...cause those girls looked hawt lol, and two because of the brady guide book. all attk , destroy, powerful were some of the words i think that was use, and yea i liked it lol.

my most memorable moment as a drk would be when i beat Maat, i lost the first fight, but rebounded after the second, 1/3 lol.
    i was shaking after the fight ,

funniest moment or frustrating moments when i look back at it now lol, like Seoha mentioned,
    you get 300TP, you use souleater, last resort , and bam! miss on WS , its never surprises me anymore lol.

also i remember those days when ppl didnt want to invite drks, around lvl50-53 ish, i remember waiting for an invite for ~23hrs ( im too lazy to make parties lol )
    those were the worst of times, but i kept at it,

i dont play drk as much only because my LS wants blm or whm but drk is still my fav. job to play and still my main.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast