Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Lessina
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 96

Favored Automaton

I ponder this sometimes, so I figured I'd ask.

Which Automaton head and frame do you prefer. I've met a few people who use Valoredge and nothing but, and a few who are pretty religious about the Soulsoother.

Personally I'm become pretty fond of the Sharpshot just recently, and haven't used the other frames in abundance.

So favorite Frame/Head combo and why?
    (0)

Character
    Varos
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Valoredge and Sharpshot because they can take a few hits and deal out their damage without needing to worry about MP or exploiting the instant-MP refill function of automaton activation. I spend most of my Pup time solo with Dancer as my support job.

(Also, I won't ever touch the mage frames or mage jobs in any games I play as a general rule.)
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I use VE if it's too dangerous to use other stuff, otherwise I use sharpshot.

I'm not going to avoid any component of any job as a rule, you should be prepared to use something it if it's the best tool for the situation. If you're not willing to touch one part of your job, you're not utilizing your job to its fullest. If you're only soloing and subbing DNC, you're not using the job to its fullest either. Of course, I guess I can't blame you since you have MNK90, theres no real reason to use anything else...
    (1)

I tend towards the mage frames for Centurion (SoulWaker mostly for soloing purposes), but Valoredge has impressed me lately. String Shredder is just plain filthy for closing skillchains. Between that, Galvanizer, and Shield Bash Valoredge makes for a pretty impressive fighting partner.
    (1)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Anyone who goes for VE or BLM over Shapshooter, clearly doesnt have automaton range atk caped. If you think VE is nice, try closing a light skill chain with SS -> VS -> light

SS with the new ws and attachments is just grossly over whelming on valoredge.

*Dont get me wrong, both have their place. AKA blm when you want to nuke and retrieve and dont want to melee yourself. VE when you need to throw a pet at something, but dont want to go yourself.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    VE is the "safer" choice. Sharpshot is the glass cannon. If you're not having a problem keeping it alive, the latter will often be better. But the best PUP will use them all in specific situations, such as vulnerability to certain damage types.
    (2)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I use VE most of the time. I don't have VS so Can't skillchain with SS as effectively. VE is easy, deploy, don't have to worry about mob moving, he is harder to kill, can attack two mobs at once, and can do 8k self chains with him on nms.

SS needs it's defense boosted, still can die in 2 to 3 hits.
    (0)

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I tend to be an eva tank on myself and have my pup keep me alive, he's much better at keeping me alive than others lol plus PUP has really good eva, so throw on some eva atmas and rr and have fun. Other than that I go with what works best, ranged, melee, spells, whatever the situation calls for, best way to go I think.
    (0)

Character
    Kuroganashi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Favorite gotta be WHM Frame for high lvls and at low lvls I Love the PLD Frame ^^
    (0)

Character
    Dawezy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Sharpshot, it tends to end the lives of many of the mobs I engage. With the Flame Holder proc'ing (and the WS *doesnt* miss lol) he puts my damage to shame - I find myself regularly tanking mobs in Abyssea for friends with /NIN and bouncing enmity between Herzog and myself.

In alot cases the mobs dont live long enough to be of any potential threat to myself, my auto or my friends.

(1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast