Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I think the maneuver duration and recast of maneuvers have been carefully balanced with the whole "overload" mechanic, making such changes as longer duration maneuvers severely impact that part of automaton control. In addition, there is a lot of gear that manages overload chances that would have to be rebalanced to be useful again.
    I think a simpler solution would be to increase Overload rate proportional to the increased duration of Maneuvers. Making things more or less similar.

However, If your idea was level ~10 or so I'd be okay with it. Because i want this to help Low level PUPs as much as i want it to help us high level ones.
    (2)

Character
    Vagrua
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Supporting this.
    (0)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Hi Karbuncle

I love the ideas being tossed around here, but lets face it, I think it's pretty much a given that the GMs/Devs DO NOT read the Job sub-forums. I don't mean to rain on your parade, just being a realist.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The problem being illustrated here is not entirely PUP-specific, and could probably be raised in the other sections (with a tie-in mention to how this often hurts PUP more than other jobs)
    (0)

It does feel like job sections get very little support or responses. However i have a feeling if we talk about it like that they'll think we're ungrateful and not respond . So i try to be optimistic.

Puppetmaster is growing on me, Its becoming one of my more favorite jobs, i fooking love Stringing Pummel beyond words, It is so amazingly strong (for the non-empyrean PUP :X). Honestly If i won rank1 bonanza i might get the Kenkoken lol.

Thats why i want these types of improvements, I don't need them to enjoy the job, I simply love the job and want it to be better. Maneuvers were to me an interesting way to implement the whole "Master and Puppet" feel to the job, I Just wish it was a bit less hindering to us as a whole.

The topic could stand to toss around a few more ideas if ya'll wanted D:, I'm all ears. I liked the JA Idea of keeping 3 Maneuvers up for xxx amount of time {locked} in. It gives it some balance too.
    (0)

Character
    Numpty
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    extended duration of attachments would be a great improvement but I feel this will be more valued from hitting a certian level (lets say 60+) of maybe even at 99, I'm sure the merits will gain another overhaul when this comes out (hopefully)
    as I have all my jobs fully merited already, so any exp I get in abyssea or elsewhere is wasted
    (0)
    90's x 10

BST is AWLAYS best! If you are a BST, I SALUTE YOU

-Eldelphia - THIS SPELLING MISTAKE WILL STAY HERE JUST FOR YOU AWLAYS lmfao!!take that stick out your arse LOL

Character
    Jackastheripper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90
    I have been a 90 PUP for a while now and while I kinda see the issue, I don't think it is anything that needs to be fixed. The whole idea behind puppetmastering is that you have to tell it what to do. It's the whole point of the job. If you want to be a H2H fighter without the delay of stopping for a second and tell your auto what to do, try monk. It's all a part of of cost/benefits of playing PUP. I really like the idea of a job ability of extending the length of a maneuver though.
    (0)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I don't think it needs to be fixed, especially the bad idea of increasing the overload rate comparable to duration. There are many attachments that remove maneuvers. Which means you are still applying them fairly fast. That change would kill our autos and we would be back to having overload issues again.

No thanks. Please review your ideas before posting them, don't give them ideas to screw us.
    (0)

Character
    Yokyumosheemo
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Only problem i see is people not using manuevers at all. Thats cause many pups just dont care. But then i really dont call them pup. I dont think its something that needs to be fixxed, never even phased me. I see longer durations just making pup more lol cause people still wont use manuevers or they will just get very lazy bout them and just let their automaton do what it wants. I keep 3 up at all times. So none of this was ever even thought bout.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Only problem i see is people not using manuevers at all.
    Who can blame them? it's tedious to keep them up forever in a long EXP party, for instance, especially when their effect usually isn't something dramatic (Not saying its bad, just saying it doesn't make the user go "OMG WOW!" because its not like some weapon skill or other drastic move). If it was less tedious to maintain them, you could potentially decrease the number of "bad" PUPs.
    (1)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast