Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Why are there such long gaps between update preview posts?

Every morning, one of the first websites I go to is playonline.com, to look for new update previews because update notes are like my coffee.

One thing that's been increasingly worse with each patch is the length of time between preview updates. The upcoming July update, for example:

6/9: Update announcement
    6/15: Voidwatch Refinements
    7/5: Achika makes a complaint

It's been over 20 days since any preview was given. Yes, there is the roadmap. Things change, and something may not even come out when they say it will (How many times have you seen a patch note with a comment that X feature would be added in an upcoming version update?).

I just want to know why the length of time between previews is gradually getting worse. It used to be I could count on it every two days, like clockwork. This time, it's been 25 days (If my math is right) since any preview was given. I can understand that you wanted to get the in-game event announcement, the Mog Bonanza reminder, and the stats page out, that's fine. I just want another update preview!

Please, if you're going to not have so many features to preview in an update, shorten the amount of time between the original announcement and the patch so that previewss come out a little more often! Make my morning be joyful! D=
    (11)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Go to ffxiah.com, they tell you pretty much any/everything that Playonline releases, not just the update notes.
    (0)

Character
    Enolla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Before Forum SE annouced new update: 1 month before update, 1 weeks later we got first news on update and after we got 2 news/week till update.

We got minor update in june or SE is late? If they are late for this minor, i hope we ll get major in time next month ><

(sorry for my english ;x )
    (0)

I agree with Paksenarrion

I too have been waiting every other day for some update notes, job adjustments notes would be very nice to have, theres so much concern about some of the jobs that got the short stick post-abyssea

Pre Abyssea I was leveling PLD to be more central in parties and useful in general, as SMN is nice but not very escential, then came Abyssea and well, everyone knows how that ended for PLDs.

Anyway as with SMN the main reason I level a job is because I like said job (leveling DRG atm) but it would be nice if an update got PLD back to the frontlines in groups or SMN to be more a "yay we have SMN in our pt" instead of "well, there was a spot open" kind of deal...

back on topic, yeah, give us some update notes please D:
    (1)

azjazo.deviantart.com

Character
    Antanias
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The reason SE isn't posting previews here is because they're posting those previews on their Lodestone site for Final Fantasy 14 >_>
    (0)
    "Tonight on the Vana'diel Report, a poor innocent player lost a valuable 10-15 seconds of their lives by reading Antanias's signature."

Quote Originally Posted by Antanias View Post
    The reason SE isn't posting previews here is because they're posting those previews on their Lodestone site for Final Fantasy 14 >_>
    Right, except that XIV is handled by a completely separate team with its own resources and has 100% zero baring on XI.

We're going on 4 weeks now without an actual update on the patch, and just more fluff nonsense that no one honestly cares about (seasonal events) or hasn't already finished with (Mog Bonanza).

Whatever happened to those Walk of Echos adjustments you promised SE?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    Go to ffxiah.com, they tell you pretty much any/everything that Playonline releases, not just the update notes.
    You missed the entire point of my post. I can read everything that PlayOnline releases ON PlayOnline. I'm complaining about how skimpy the previews have been. It's been nearly an entire month since they posted an announcement about a JULY, as in THIS CURRENT MONTH, update. Since then, they've posted a grand total of ONE preview, around a week later.

My complaint is that there are not many notes, and I'm inquiring/complaining as to why there are not more notes being given, like they used to.

Yes, there are some additional things that they post in the boards, such as the Yell feature. That's nice and all, but until it's posted up on the front page as a feature they're adding, I'm going to assume it's still in big testing and not ready to go live with the next update.
    (1)
    Last edited by Paksenarrion; 07-07-2011 at 01:51 AM.

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    July is 5 days old.

You really expect them to produce an update notes on an update that will probably happen on the 28th on the 5th of July?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    July is 5 days old.

You really expect them to produce an update notes on an update that will probably happen on the 28th on the 5th of July?
    yes, wold not be the first time we get updates on an upcoming update would it?
    (1)

azjazo.deviantart.com

/facepalm

Yes, I do expect them to produce a preview note for an update that probably will happen on the 28th of July. Why?

Because SE has set precedents in the past. They would announce an update a month or two prior. When they first started giving us previews of upcoming updates, they would post them every two days, like clockwork. A couple years later, they cut down to around every three. This is fine.

Now, it's been nearly a month since the original announcement of the July version update. We've had a grand total of one preview note.

So again, yes, I do expect update preview notes.
    (3)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast