Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Cures are weaker against undead than normal because cure armor does not have effect when using cure to attack
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OuShiroHeart View Post
    Cures are weaker against undead than normal because cure armor does not have effect when using cure to attack
    Even if Cure Potency effected Cures against undead, it wouldn't be very spectacular either, because cures do half the effect and are prone to resists (I don't know that having capped healing magic skill is any less useless when attacking mobs either).

Banish spells aren't exactly great against undead either, not that they are great against anything. White Mage's main advantage against undead is that it can deal extreme blunt damage to skeleton mobs.
    (0)

Player
    They do not do half damage, they do their normal spell amount without the cure bonus. If you want them to hit harder, cast them in same armor you would Banish or Holy.
    (0)

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    They do not do half damage, they do their normal spell amount without the cure bonus. If you want them to hit harder, cast them in same armor you would Banish or Holy.
    I think the point is that it's currently really hard to make cure effective against the undead and it shouldn't be that difficult...they should be naturally weak to it
    (0)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Well i'm not gonna claim you're wrong, but do you have like a damage record screenshot of cure/banish on an undead? I'm Just interested in seeing just how much you can get it to. It is also relevant how much MP this uses compared to similar damage from a blm or sch.
    (0)

Character
    Alkimi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    True. When using cure as an offensive spell it's calculated using MND and Magic Atk. Bonus, same as Banish/Holy.

On another note someone mentioned WHM has access to Banishga III/Banish IV on the test server, is this true or is someone just making stuff up?
    (0)

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    True. When using cure as an offensive spell it's calculated using MND and Magic Atk. Bonus, same as Banish/Holy.

On another note someone mentioned WHM has access to Banishga III/Banish IV on the test server, is this true or is someone just making stuff up?
    I'd imagine it's true, because SE hasn't really denied that they are going to give it to us, Camate just said that the actual time it will be implemented is up in the air....I'm guessing they are trying to make it more effective without stepping on toes before actually giving it to us.
    (0)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    Either someone's making stuff up or they removed them again before Tuesday.

Holy II, however, is available and slightly disappointing (50% more MP for twice the damage).
    (1)

Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Umm, i was using Banish 4 and banishga 3 last week, i don't recall them removing it, banishga 3 was dissapointing to say the least, and banish 4 honestly was no stronger then 3.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    Umm, i was using Banish 4 and banishga 3 last week, i don't recall them removing it, banishga 3 was dissapointing to say the least, and banish 4 honestly was no stronger then 3.
    I believe they took it off the list of obtainable spells from the GM moogle since then, since it hasn't been available through that since Tuesday (and possibly earlier).

Which makes sense anyway, since those clearly weren't in a state where anyone would want them.
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast