Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    All i can say is this

braking the cap of 75 means progression.

your best damage from spells should not be the same at 90 as it was for 75, holyII, banish IV, banishaga III, should be in your spell list at 99, anything less means your stuck on a level 75 mentality.

I would futher say it would be a good bet to add banish V since banish III is only 65, maybe even holy III and banishaga IV
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 03-14-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I think the only thing I use holy for now is to kill a mob we're wiping to at 1% (or to snipe a killshot). It would be fun to see it do higher damage (I don't think we'd be a threat to blms with the recast and mp cost of holy)... but I haven't tried much to make holy do more damage (I'll have to equip my mab earrings next time and see how much that raises the damage).
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I agree with the OP, Whm should have at least a couple more light based damaging spells and SE should up the damage dealt with banish and holy. Granted it's not gonna make Whms become a nuker all of a sudden since your role is still a healer, but it is nice to be able to contribute some damage. They should make Repose a lot stronger and add repose-ga as well. Plus it would be nice to add a party based spell that would absorb damaging hits similar to what summoner gain via Titan blood pact. Whms could get the two spells, one for absorbing physical damage and another one for magical damage.
    (0)

I think WHM is the natural choice to add damaging light-based spells to. They should never be up to BLM nuking strength on normal enemies, but on undeads I think they should be pretty close or equal to them.

Of course, WHMs wanting to compete with BLMs for damage on undeads should also be required to stack up on about as much nuking gear as a BLM normally does. Nuking in Curing Potency gear clearly shouldn't let them play at BLMs level.
    (0)

Character
    Jamesruglia
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    As much as I like the idea of stronger light-elemental damage spells, I don't think people are giving quite enough credit to what's already out there; Banish III and Solaced Holy are pretty respectable chunks of damage when well-placed. With equipment for them on. Compared to non-damage dealing jobs like Paladin, Red Mage, and low-level Summoner.

... Okay, I guess Banish IV/GaIII/Holy II would be pretty awesome, but I think Repose is good as it is. We can't just bust out super sleeps like Blm/Brd/Rdm with Blm subbed/whoever else can do it, but our ability to sleep things at all is more of a "useful bonus" than a focused-on ability.
    (0)
    Sylph/Melmond

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    As I said before, the low dmg isnt' a matter of the spell, it's the lack of MAB on whm.
    Though I would like to see a banish IV/ga III/holy II as well myself regardless of output.
    (0)

Player
    I could see us getting Holy II and Banish IV soon... and maybe a cooler light damage spell at 99. SMN's LightSpirit is capable of casting Banish IV I think (I'm unable to confirm it, but I've heard of such), which would mean it's probably likely to be added.

WHM definitely lacks MAB, not to mention it doesn't even have the trait. WHM has to /BLM or /RDM to get the MAB trait (they're the same as both BLM and RDM get the 2nd tier before /45). MND and MAB boost damage further. It's been some time since I messed with them outside of yellow !! purposes, but I do remember more MND/MAB boosting the damage.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    As I said before, the low dmg isnt' a matter of the spell, it's the lack of MAB on whm.
    Though I would like to see a banish IV/ga III/holy II as well myself regardless of output.
    Maybe I did something wrong, but I just checked for WHM-wearable MAB gear, and got to a total of +73. Granted, lots of those items are rare/ex and perhaps require a bit of time to get your hands on. I didn't include some items that I thought looked too annoying to get, like that +25MAB staff from PW for example.

I'll try to make a list over non-ex WHM MAB items later.

-edit-
    also, I have no idea how much mab is considered to be good.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 03-23-2011 at 04:43 AM.

Character
    Starstrukk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    For those complaining about MP cost, Holy is actually one of the best MP: Damage spells under Full Solace, just below a Helix in total damage per MP.

Also, there's been reports of an offensive Divine spell in the dats with attributes being: WHM95/PLD99 200mp 1.25sec cast time with a minute recast. Sounds like Holy II to me.
    (0)

Character
    Alkimi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    but I haven't tried much to make holy do more damage (I'll have to equip my mab earrings next time and see how much that raises the damage).
    Using Beyond as your 3rd Atma which I often do on WHM since there's not that much useful after Allure and Minikin, fully charged Holy does somewhere in the region of 1700-1800 damage with good nuking gear.

Holy II (The version mobs use anyway) is significantly stronger than regular Holy, doing around 3x the damage. If they did introduce it I fear it would be toned down somewhat or not affected by Afflatus Solace, or you'd have WHMs throwing out 5-6k spells.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alkimi; 03-23-2011 at 11:27 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast