Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    There's some kind of "slot number" and "groupings" that get's assigned to all items and spells. The question is how hard is it to change these values. The logistics would have to be horrendeous concidering the sheer number of spells and items.
    (0)

Character
    Altrage
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 90
    If they are somewhat organized they should have a separate bit of master coding that lists the ID numbers of the spells with the rest of the coding pulling from said master list (assuming there is any organization) which would mean its only a matter of changing the master list ID to make it auto-sort correctly and the rest of the coding shouldn't be effected by the change since it would still be the same spells, just with different IDs. (If that makes sense, it's hard to explain... :s)
    (0)

Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    WAIT WAIT WAIT

You don't use macros? Please don't tell me you still manually select you're spells from the spell list under magic...

As for the order in which they have been organized, there is a rhyme and a reason to it. They are grouped by the folder they are stored in, which follows by the ID they have been allocated to it within their .dat file.

As a coder, if someone told me to organize that mess by some obscure totally unrelated value in the file I'd tell them to do it themselves, unrelated sorting is a nightmare and would significantly slow down the parse of your window of spells everytime you load it up.

It probably is just a for each loop that loads up every spell from id 1 to whatever that is of the right type.

And yes bards are sorted properly except the few new songs we've gotten, so I don't know if maybe blm is just screwed up, but I have 0 issue with the menu. Then again, I pretty much never use it. Because there's this glorious thing called a macro that SE implemented for us so we don't need to manually select songs from a list of a hundred.

If you're casting spells from your menu, how are you swapping ele staves (and other gear)? Spellcast?
    (0)

Character
    Altrage
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA_HACK
    First off let me say this really isn't a big thing, but the OCD side of me freaks out every time I look at my master list of spells...
    Before I respond to anything you say I would like you to learn how to read please, thanks.
    (0)

Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA_HACK View Post
    Before I respond to anything you say I would like you to learn how to read please, thanks.
    And you should read half my post that addresses that exact part of your post. Along with towards everyone else going "hurr durr this would only take an hour to code, why no fix?"

The other half addresses a solution to your problem.

You should never have to look at your spell list if you are using macros. Problem solved.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3