Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Absorb-Buff and Dark Celerity

Blue Mage has it, everyone else can dispel.

Give us the ability to absorb beneficial status's from a target.

And a natural trait that increases the casting speed and recast time of Dark Magic, Red Mage can hit the fast cast cap with TWO pieces of gear.

I swear to god I am getting more bitter every day I play this game.

PS. Delete muted soul, and give us our Bio III.
    (2)

I'm game for DRK getting bio III so long as its a crappy 1 Merit version. Otherwise Its unfair to RDMs, And the Idea of Absorb-Buff is nice, Dark Celerity wouldn't be a bad idea either.

While not drastic improvements they do seem a bit logical.
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    All the RDM's could just not Merit Bio III and know what it feels like to have a slot in their category 2 that is completely and utterly 100% useless.

In order for things to be unfair to RDM we'd have to do drastic things like give DRK:

The best enfeebling Magic in the game.

While having:

The best Enhancing Magic in the game.

And while also having:

Very respectable Healing Capability, party and solo longevity.

And let's not forget:

Job Traits and Abilities that actually make sense.

And for the record:

The best Utility in the game.

To be frank, we'd have to make DRK good, no amazing, at something before fair could even come into question.
    (0)
    Last edited by Urteil; 07-01-2011 at 11:11 PM.

Character
    Rafien
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Delete all our Merits and give us abilities that allow us to solo.
    (0)

Urt
    Well now you're simply being unrealistic with your demands. Bio III is a Merit ability, DRK getting it without Merits in full Potency would be a slap to the fact to RDMs. I know the job isn't perfect but demanding abilities that other jobs have to merit won't help the problem, because it will never happen.

The only thing remotely related is protect and Shell V. But WHM merit Pro/Shell-RA V, They're different spells, and even then Pro/shell V are 1 merit potency IIRC (?)
    (0)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Well now you're simply being unrealistic with your demands. Bio III is a Merit ability, DRK getting it without Merits in full Potency would be a slap to the fact to RDMs. I know the job isn't perfect but demanding abilities that other jobs have to merit won't help the problem, because it will never happen.

The only thing remotely related is protect and Shell V. But WHM merit Pro/Shell-RA V, They're different spells, and even then Pro/shell V are 1 merit potency IIRC (?)
    i dont think RDM should have gotten it at all because BLM and DRK have vastly more dark magic skill and DRK gets Bio spells before RDM and even at 1 merit pot BIO III from a DRK would make fully merited bio iii from a rdm look like crap

ALSO to the opening <_< YES we need boosts to our magic but i would MUCH rather see more boosts to our physical side something like a Monster correlation job trait or a higher PDIF cap before crits like 2.5 and crits taking it to that 3.something~ anything would be epic on the DD side of things hell even giving DRK native double attack or dare i say quad attack
    (0)
    Last edited by Jar; 07-02-2011 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jar View Post
    i dont think RDM should have gotten it at all because BLM and DRK have vastly more dark magic skill and DRK gets Bio spells before RDM and even at 1 merit pot BIO III from a DRK would make fully merited bio iii from a rdm look like crap
    rather i agree or disagree doesn't change the fact SE decided RDM should get it :\
    (0)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    rather i agree or disagree doesn't change the fact SE decided RDM should get it :\
    unless the rdm is /sch Bio II is better anyway (at least for DOT)
    (0)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I agree on absorb-buff would be nice to have a dispel with a perk + since that new sword gives it to a ton of jobs now anyway.

Dark Celerity or just reduce the casting time of some Dark magic spell is also a decent idea.

Bio III really wouldn't help DRK in the long run imo nor is really anything to really care about ofc.

Either way the other 2 ideas are pretty nice tweak SE could easily add to DRK ^^
    (0)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Zyla
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    i'd personally like to see a job trait for drk that would give us a bonus to the tp we get for taking dmg from melee attacks, though could work for magic attacks too. maybe like for every 100 dmg we take we get an additional 10 tp?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast