Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

Armageddon vs Death Penalty

I must say, I hate camping NMs with massive windows for when they can spawn - I've been sitting on my trials for Armageddon with my head hitting the wall. Perhaps I'm not as determined or as patient as other players.

I'd probably prefer acquiring a weapon via the mythic route, a certain number of weapon skills to acquire the weapon for the trial would do me, which suggests I'd be happier doing the death penalty trial, but what I wanna know is how do the two weapons compare? I hear good things about Wildfire and I have atma that would improve it use in Abyssea, but I see Leaden Salute never misses and ignores things such as invincible.

Maybe other more experienced COR can offer some feedback?
    (0)
    Saefinn on Asura
    Main Jobs: Corsair: i117, Scholar: i117, Monk: i117, Summoner: i117

Character
    Darklink
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    Well, I do have an 85 Armageddon and I must say Wildfire is an amazing tool for COR. Like Leaden Salute, it is both magical based (fire elemental, instead of Leaden Salute's darkness base) and does NOT miss. I love the physical damage output you can do with it as well. With the atmas I currently use for Wildfire (Atma of the Lone Wolf, Beyond, and Baying Moon) I get a pretty consistent range of 3k - 4k damage (though this could be much higher with a different sub and better gear/atmas). I decided to go the Armageddon route mainly because I have a tight knit linkshell that I knew would help me get it finished; however, I do see many Corsairs out there with a Bedlam +2 and I'm sure their Wildfires are doing great numbers as well (since the bullet damage and gun damage do not alter the overall damage on Wildfire).

As far as Death Penalty vs Armageddon goes, I think they are used for entirely different things. If your mainly using Quick Draw, I think that DP will be of better use, while Armageddon will have better damage output through regular ranged attacks and weaponskills. Getting either weapon should be taken seriously though, as it will take you a fair amount of time to get either of them to their final stage.
    (3)

Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Ah cool cool, thank you for the response. I'll actually be happy when I get to the Carabosse gems stage. So how did you go about camping the NMs? Just turn up on the off chance they'll spawn, if not, head on out or sit there during the whole period the window is open? Even if it's 12 hours. I've known people to camp NMs for that long, but I doubt it's something I'd like to do.
    (0)
    Saefinn on Asura

Character
    Darklink
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    You know what? I actually preferred camping the NMs over killing Carabosse hahah. I just stuck with camping the nms full time, teaming up with whoever was doing the same. Took me about a week of off and on playing (was during the school year, so I didn't have much time to play). If you did nothing but camp the nms, you could probably get lucky and finish in a few days, just depends how much time you're willing to put in to it. Worth it in the end, though!
    (0)

Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I could prolly quite easily get people to camp Carabosse with me as I team up with folk in my LS to low man NMs, If I remember correctly Carabosse isn't that hard, I'll be getting my last Caturae on Wednesday, so proccing will be easier and we ought to maximise the number of gems, plus my Aby LS will be doing +2 item NMs and Empyrean Weapon NMs. But doing it in a week off and on is kind of encouraging, so I'll keep going at it. I just hope these 12 hours windows are a lot shorter for me XD.
    (0)
    Saefinn on Asura