Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Moink
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Pchan, I would never be friend you on QCDN, this site or any other site that yourself may appear on. Befriending you would be like befriending the bubonic plague.

Also, if your needing to use Repair Oils on a much more needed basis for a cure than Role Reversal... you're doing something wrong. PUP is no different than a BLM needing all the scrolls, once you have them you don't need to continue buying them. Its not a perma gilsink like nin, cor or other jobs that have to buy items to continue to keep their job at its prime.
    (0)
    Last edited by Moink; 07-07-2011 at 03:54 AM.

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanaduu View Post
    P.S. job rank in the census really doesnt mean a dang thing @.@ just silly numbers attributed to "wow that job can do alot! ima abyssea spam lvl it!" and also.... dont make personal atks on pple... just makes u look more like 1 of the jerks out there :P
    P.S.S. END OF MY TEXT WALL!
    No it means it's the best job, it's that simple. People thinking otherwise don't really understand what happens arounds them. If there are that many verethragna (compared to woe wpns), it's not because vere is more fun to farm.

Reason for pup to be last are :

a pet that sucks at DDing on any frame
    a job that sucks at Dding because it is slow, can't cap delay
    a job that can't tank serious crap
    a job that can't solo better than bst
    a job that is penalized for using it's JA

Reason for cor to be last

All good DDs cap attack without it
    All good DDs cap delay without it
    All good mages don't need extra refresh tics
    All other rolls improve performance by less than 5%, not worth 1 slot in the party.
    COR sucks at DDing obviously
    (0)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 07-07-2011 at 05:39 AM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    a pet that sucks at DDing on any frame - nonsense
    a job that sucks at Dding because it is slow, can't cap delay
    a job that can't tank serious crap - It's not meant to be a tank in the first place, therefore this isn't a minus
    a job that can't solo better than bst - BULL FARKING SHIAT
    a job that is penalized for using it's JA - no, it's not
    PUP does not suck, plain and simple. Its lack of pupularity is due to past stigma and the fact that it doesn't really stand out, even though it's easily a mid tier job when played properly

The percentage of people with a specific main job, below the top 3 or 4 has little correlation with how good the job actually is.

As previously noted, as well, the gap between the most popular and least popular jobs has decreased substantially.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 07-07-2011 at 10:02 AM.

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    No the gap between job increased. The game is less balanced now than last year. You got one type of content, a select number of useful jobs for procs, one useful job for tank, one useful job for cure, one useful job for th etc. All I see is that after claiming cor is last because it is expensive, you try to move to a next argument for pup. I mean out of of 100 players you can only find one pup and one cor.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator

Character
    Xanaduu
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 95
    good lord... do u have pup or cor lvld? u seem to know so little @.@, btw... not buying every attachment doesnt make u gimp... theres only a handful of useful 1s that r always used over others~ so just buying the mainstay 1s makes perfect sense. "omg i dont have reactive shield, i must be gimp!" >.>.
    I also really dont know how big of a deal the being "penalized" for using JAs is... i mean... example: puppet has say... 90% tp, if u have the emp shoes u can WS > tactical switch > WS again > SC... oh my... 6-8k dmg later... for real, our dmg potential comes from pulling tricks out of a hat. puppet died from aoes? deus ex > cureVI > deactivate > activate > rdy to go again, some of it may take time but thats what u learn to deal with >.>.
    Tanking? >.> does tanking T3 cerb in abyssea altepa while the mnk recovered from KO count? can it solo tank w/o a healer? nope.. just like that mnk, y he died. as far as soloing... ur comparing it to another job of which the only thing it has in common is a pet that is completely diffrent than the other uses.... and again... less pups in the world make us all that more unique...
    so b4 u start typing again in this thread... study the jobs... see what they can do... u might be surprised... u might not, but ffs its a fun job, dont try and spoil it cause u cant let a silly notion go.

Proud to be a non-cookie cutter player! ...and a non-pink mnk! LOL
    (0)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    funny how I out damage pretty much any job I come up against in abyessa, but yes we suck. We can do 8k self chains everytime we get tp which is fairly fast now. I have tanked some of the harder mobs in the game in nin or mnk has died.
    People have actually started to ask me to come pup over my other jobs now when they want damage, and I pull hate easily now and have to hold back sometimes. and fyi that is just my dmg not including puppet that is doing 500 dmg crits ever other hit and 3.5k ws along with my avg 3-4k ws.
    not sure what game you are playing.
    (0)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Same as yours except in the game I play the mob dies right after the ws so there is no time for any skillchain. By the time you prepare for SC any DD is getting one full TPs.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    No the gap between job increased.
    You're talking about something totally different. I'm talking about the actual popularity of jobs, not which job is stronger or weaker.

The previous census, white mage had a 14% share, in the top spot, and PUP and SMN and a couple other jobs were all near 1%.

Now, the lowest job (PUP) has a 2% share, and the highest job has only a 10% share.

You also clearly don't play PUP and haven't played with a good one or you would know just how much better PUP is now. You also clearly have no clue if you think BST is better. PUP will outdamage BST any day of the week, and can solo just as well.

Same as yours except in the game I play the mob dies right after the ws so there is no time for any skillchain.
    Not on normal mobs, no. But on NMs, yes, you can skillchain.

You're just a bandwagon LOLer. Hey, look, that job is the least popular, therefor it sucks LOLPUP! LOLDRG!

Popularity does not correlate directly with strength.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 07-08-2011 at 03:48 AM.

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm not a "bandwagon lol'er" I actually had pup at 75 with perfect gear. Noone cares honestly what you do on NMs they are all brewed by stacks of 12 ... And even in case you tank them it's always better to put a monk due to a better damage/TP given ratio and a better killing speed (like anyone cares about min maxing anyway ?). The reason people don't play pup is that you can't do anything serious on it. I'm tired of the "bandwagon PUP defenders" personally, because you guys are making it sound like pup doesn't give serious job adjustments. It took time for SE to do some obvious ones (like a non retarded H2H skill, lower than dagger). As of now I still don't see why PUP isn't A+ on H2H because it should be a DD. After all the lower delay on martial arts is enough of a penalty (and why should there be one in the first place ? MNKs have impetus and counterstance). Obviously the mages pets require higher magic accuracy and the melee pets a serious ws paired with an ability to copy the master's haste buffs (the other buffs don't mater).
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm not a "bandwagon lol'er" I actually had pup at 75 with perfect gear. Noone cares honestly what you do on NMs they are all brewed by stacks of 12
    Maybe you have 9238457632432 cruor and brew everything but not everyone else does. And whether or not it's better to do this or that, sometimes people don't have this or that job. For me, PUP is more fun to play, and I care about the enjoyment factor while playing something we call a "game." That said, you keep talking about PUP tanking. PUP doesn't tank. it's like every other non-MNK DD, they don't want to have hate if they have any choice in the matter. And any time you have a MNK or some other tank already there, PUP doesn't really have a problem. You can go MNK and be awesome all you want. Those of us who would rather play PUP can still use the job and accomplish whatever we set out to do.

As of now I still don't see why PUP isn't A+ on H2H because it should be a DD.
    If PUP HTH was A+ it would probably be borderline too strong. Impetus, I agree, challenges that notion now, frankly I see the ability getting nerfed though.

We aren't "bandwagon PUP defenders." I've never even heard such a thing. We, or at least I, are people who are serious about the job and who know what it's capable of. We defend it because it's worthy of our defense, not just for the sake of having something to defend.

Magic auto's MAB potential is just fine, and I've never had a problem landing spells. Both sharpshot and valoredge now have good weapon skills they can use whenever Tactical Switch is down.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast