Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Soul Reaver head... freezing when fighting High-Level Tier NMs...

The above topic states it best... when fighting against the Apocalyptic Beast my Spirit Reaver refused to cast... the attachments I had on were:

Loudspeaker I & II, Mana Tank I & II, Optic Fiber, Tranquilizer, Mana Channeler, Mana Conserver, Condenser, Stoneskin, Ice Maker, Turbo Charger

With this combination equipped, the BLM refused to cast anything...even deactivated and reactivated... still nothing when deployed.

Some have hypothesized that if the enemy has "no" magic weaknesses; then the blm automaton will just "stand in ready" but do nothing...

This has happened... please test and make adjustments...
    (0)

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    even with 3 ice man. up?
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushipur View Post
    even with 3 ice man. up?
    Yes. Had 3 ice maneuvers up when this happened.
    (0)

Character
    Akren
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    Yeah I've had this problem as well. We were fighting the Ironclad Severer and my Spirit Reaver would only cast aspir II
    and thunder III. I've also heard of cases of it not casting at all even on normal mobs in an exp party.
    (0)

Character
    Ramenuzumaki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I fought Ironclad Severer last night, and he cast Fire V, and Water V respectively. It may be the combination of attachments. Try fooling around with different combinations! :3
    (0)

Character
    Kametame
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    Yes. Had 3 ice maneuvers up when this happened.
    Did you have the scanner equipped?

Quote Originally Posted by Akren View Post
    Yeah I've had this problem as well. We were fighting the Ironclad Severer and my Spirit Reaver would only cast aspir II
    and thunder III. I've also heard of cases of it not casting at all even on normal mobs in an exp party.
    It tends to happen when the scanner's equipped. I also want to know if either of you were using atma of the Ultimate (any MP-: Superior or whatever) atma when you were using SR when it was using Aspir every other cast. If my hunch is correct, it considers the MP- effect not part of the true max MP of the automaton, so it'll think it's stuck at MP=75% when it's capped.
    (0)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kametame View Post
    Did you have the scanner equipped?

It tends to happen when the scanner's equipped. I also want to know if either of you were using atma of the Ultimate (any MP-: Superior or whatever) atma when you were using SR when it was using Aspir every other cast. If my hunch is correct, it considers the MP- effect not part of the true max MP of the automaton, so it'll think it's stuck at MP=75% when it's capped.
    No scanner was equipped when this occurred. And it happened in Dynamis-Buburimu.. so no atma possible.
    (0)

Character
    Ramenuzumaki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I think it was some sort of attachment combination. I am solely BLM PUP in dynamis, and have been doing the dreamland worlds recently. I have never had a problem with casting nukes on normal NMs, Boss NMs, or the Mega Boss NM. Maybe try different combinations and see what happens.
    (0)

Character
    Mskala
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Dont use scanner with the BLM head. It causes locks all the time. BLM head has a scanner built in anyway (I don't have a link to the test but they proved it before). Also, if your auto's magic skill is low, it would detect huge resists and refuse to cast anyway.
    (0)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhatchet View Post
    Dont use scanner with the BLM head. It causes locks all the time. BLM head has a scanner built in anyway (I don't have a link to the test but they proved it before). Also, if your auto's magic skill is low, it would detect huge resists and refuse to cast anyway.
    This post was the purpose behind my original concern... why tell a puppetmaster not to use a specific combination of attachments, if one of the major aspects of this jobs game play is its ability to "customize"... "Don't use scanner with the BLM head..." is an obtuse perspective, which is exactly why I think the Devs should review this. Its not feasible to conclude that an attachment which is designed to per Wiki: "Occasionally scans target's magic resistances..." should cause the automaton to "Freeze...and not cast...." this is an obvious bug that should be fixed. If it wasn't, then in the same way the item says what it does, it should advise about any detrimental effects that would be put in play should certain circumstances be fulfilled with regards to its usage.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast