Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Ramenuzumaki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    This post was the purpose behind my original concern... why tell a puppetmaster not to use a specific combination of attachments, if one of the major aspects of this jobs game play is its ability to "customize"... "Don't use scanner with the BLM head..." is an obtuse perspective, which is exactly why I think the Devs should review this. Its not feasible to conclude that an attachment which is designed to per Wiki: "Occasionally scans target's magic resistances..." should cause the automaton to "Freeze...and not cast...." this is an obvious bug that should be fixed. If it wasn't, then in the same way the item says what it does, it should advise about any detrimental effects that would be put in play should certain circumstances be fulfilled with regards to its usage.
    Quote for Truth
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Wow, every single post in this topic was either wrong or not on target.

I guess no one had played PUP back in the day and remembers it? The same thing would happen in salvage with Stormwaker where it stop casting on the frog NM. I do not want to hear some shit about "but I never did salvage back then even though I played PUP" too as I did salvage for the first time years later.

It has to do with the AI. The puppet is not casting because it believe it will resist. This was easy to witness back at 75 when we had blizzard IV, but the puppet cast thunder III on Genbu.

As for the scanner that would potentially and possibly be part of the problem, however Spirit Reaver has a built in scanner so that is moot.

As for normal NMs it is still just the AI/ AI glitching (something the Dev team never likes to admit is that the puppet has terrible AI) and there is nothing you can do really.

Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    This post was the purpose behind my original concern... why tell a puppetmaster not to use a specific combination of attachments, if one of the major aspects of this jobs game play is its ability to "customize"... "Don't use scanner with the BLM head..." is an obtuse perspective, which is exactly why I think the Devs should review this. Its not feasible to conclude that an attachment which is designed to per Wiki: "Occasionally scans target's magic resistances..." should cause the automaton to "Freeze...and not cast...." this is an obvious bug that should be fixed. If it wasn't, then in the same way the item says what it does, it should advise about any detrimental effects that would be put in play should certain circumstances be fulfilled with regards to its usage.
    Oh shut up, I mean really. No one wants to hear your psuedointellectual babble.
    The reason someone tell someone to not use an attachment like the scanner is because that would be a likely potential cause. Perhaps you just picked up PUP and do not know about the long standing bugs with the scanner attachment. As righteous as your post may or may not come of as to people it is a long standing problem and there is nothing after years of neglect that will change any time soon. The PUP AI has encountered more bugs in its history than the fucking Orkin Man, and while the dev team does fix a good number of these a significant number are left to rot.

I doubt anyone remembers, and I do not feel like looking years back for a specific thread on Zam. However, around when SE nerfed Magic Mortar there was a question to the dev team about an AI problem with cure (they ninjaed the damage gauge) and when a question was posed about it they said to use a light maneuver(wheeeew, way to go dev team). Automatons are filled with bugs and it is no news to anyone and expecting that to change is extremely naive.

One last thing. The OP said which attachments he had on and everyone proceeded to either ask if one not listed was used or just assume one not listed was used. Please read the OP next time people.

Sorry for such a lengthy post, I assure you it rare for both a long and serious post from me.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sp1cyryan; 03-12-2011 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Wow, every single post in this topic was either wrong or not on target.

I guess no one had played PUP back in the day and remembers it? The same thing would happen in salvage with Stormwaker where it stop casting on the frog NM. I do not want to hear some shit about "but I never did salvage back then even though I played PUP" too as I did salvage for the first time years later.

It has to do with the AI. The puppet is not casting because it believe it will resist. This was easy to witness back at 75 when we had blizzard IV, but the puppet cast thunder III on Genbu.

As for the scanner that would potentially and possibly be part of the problem, however Spirit Reaver has a built in scanner so that is moot.

As for normal NMs it is still just the AI/ AI glitching (something the Dev team never likes to admit is that the puppet has terrible AI) and there is nothing you can do really.

Oh shut up, I mean really. No one wants to hear your psuedointellectual babble.
    The reason someone tell someone to not use an attachment like the scanner is because that would be a likely potential cause. Perhaps you just picked up PUP and do not know about the long standing bugs with the scanner attachment. As righteous as your post may or may not come of as to people it is a long standing problem and there is nothing after years of neglect that will change any time soon. The PUP AI has encountered more bugs in its history than the fucking Orkin Man, and while the dev team does fix a good number of these a significant number are left to rot.

I doubt anyone remembers, and I do not feel like looking years back for a specific thread on Zam. However, around when SE nerfed Magic Mortar there was a question to the dev team about an AI problem with cure (they ninjaed the damage gauge) and when a question was posed about it they said to use a light maneuver(wheeeew, way to go dev team). Automatons are filled with bugs and it is no news to anyone and expecting that to change is extremely naive.

One last thing. The OP said which attachments he had on and everyone proceeded to either ask if one not listed was used or just assume one not listed was used. Please read the OP next time people.

Sorry for such a lengthy post, I assure you it rare for both a long and serious post from me.
    This man speaks the truth.
    I've played puppetmaster for 2 years now and I've had issues with that attachment on and off so I can vouch that most if not all your freezing issues would be due to that, or possible new combination of attachments now.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Personally I do not mind the scanner how it is. Back when PUP could solo Diabolos (well keep in mind it was at 75 cap, nowadays I am sure some PUP can do it with out such a tactic) it kept the puppet from trying to aspir it.

However, once again the OP was not using the scanner. This is just AI glitching or the puppet really knowing it will likely resist any element it would cast.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2