Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Scanner attachment... SE Devs....

Where do I begin... I know you adjusted how the Scanner attachment worked--but seriously... this attachment is having a detrimental effect on the Spirit Reaver head...

With the wave of "new" puppetmasters on the scene, it isn't beneficial to have an attachment which has an adverse affect on game performance without at least some clause or disclaimer say "not to be used with blm head, may cause the automaton to "NOT" cast" etc... because that's exactly what it does.

I do not believe the answer is "Just don't equip the scanner when using the spirit reaver head" because even if the spirit reaver head has it's own "built-in" scanner, then adding the scanner attachment "should, in the perfect vanadiel world" enhance the effect of the built-in scanner.... makes sense right?...yea that's what I thought too.

I'm not sure how much code would be involved in the process of either editing or re-writing this particular attachment, since it does have a truly detrimental effect on overall performance of the automaton if equipped as stated in the above conditions. If you know its broken, why don't you fix it? New Pups won't know this until they either experience it themselves, then they'll hop on forums and spam it with questions we've already asked a million times over, or they'll get the info second-hand and still spam the forums wondering why (again...) it hasn't been corrected after all these years.

I beg of you, please correct this attachment so that it "Works as intended" because as of right now, it is "NOT" working as intended.

Thanks a million!
    (0)
    Last edited by xiozen; 03-10-2011 at 11:31 AM.

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    and scanner (built in or attach) shoulb be able to understand if a monster is immune or absorbe an element and avoid to cast the spell.
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Character
    Ramenuzumaki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I agree. I think adding the "Scanner" to the BLM should change the spells that the automaton uses. IE: Not cast Blizzard V just because it hits hard, and wont be resisted. Cast something that is a little more effective, or at least cast SOMETHING. I really don't see a point in having an attachment that doesnt do anything. Why make an item if you cant use it? The BLM frame is the most used frame as a PUP. Well it's the one I use the most anyhow. It should do SOMETHING.
    (0)