Threaded View

Character
    Fetus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 57
    Quote Originally Posted by hideka View Post
    wow, i totally missed you calling geomancer a stupid job. youve quite obviously NEVER played ff tactics with a good geomancer. geomancers are freaking AWESOME. i demand you take back that statement!
    lol. Fine, I take it back. I honestly forgot about FF Tactics, although it's the only other FF game I've ever played. Don't throw rocks at me.

A lot of the lore of FFXI cannot be literally implemented into the game. We all know the Blood-seed Grimoire consumes the blood of other magi, but because of game functionality, we can't do something like that. As much as I would want to drag certain people into Ruhotz Silvermines and sacrifice them, I simply can't. The only other way I see to implementing it would be to have it consume your own HP instead, which seems infinitely more feasible.

The idea behind augmenting stratagems was because Ulbrecht had enhanced stratagems due to his dabbling into the Blood-seed Grimoire. The only difference between my suggestions for augmenting versus those of Ulbrecht is that his boosted Alacrity made all of his spells insta-cast, Manifestation made all of his magic AoE and his Ebullience was far superior to what we have now. Unfortunately for Ulbrecht, it ended up costing him his life. To implement this in a playable fashion, my idea was to allow for similiar effects at the cost of your own HP. It's simliar, yet not the same. Does everyone see the connection yet or do I have to make a bullet-point list? I think I'm being quite clear.

Quote Originally Posted by hideka
    no offense, but if someone makes a miniscule mistake and you point it out in an attempt to bash them, then that makes you petty good sir.
    I pointed it out because :45 is not :48. If you think I was "bashing" you over 3 seconds, you're making me out to be more of a sociopath than I really am. It's nothing personal, really. I'm anal about details, even completely miniscule ones.

by restricting addenendum white, you restrict Na spells. what spells does redmage not have access to? NA SPELLS.
    by restricting addenendum black, you restrict Tier 5 magic (all other adenda reliant spells are provided with RDM sub)
    What spells does Redmage not have access to? Tier 5 Magic.

Redmage total fast cast : 50% @ cap
    Scholar total Fast cast: 48%.
    Thank you for pointing that out. I did completely overlook the -na spell issue and the Fast Cast thing. Although, I'm not sure if you're complaining about the Fast Cast or not.

theres also a good reason why we CANT ascension haste: MP. if you could ascension haste, in the term of one dynamis, a scholar could spend less then 1/20th of the MP then a WHM, who isnt subbing SCH, on casting haste. that would make SCH the only job who should EVER cast haste (or at least a whm or rdm subbing sch). i wont lie tho, id love to see all casters get access to hastega.
    I don't see how this is an issue at all. SCH is already renowned for MP conservation, it's nothing new that they spend far less MP to use the same goodies as other mages. Nobody complains about it, though, or sees it as a negative do they?Everybody wants Hastega. SCH is a perfect candidate to learn it under certain protocol. As is, the only job who should really Haste anybody is RDM. They're perfectly optimized to do it with all that increased enhancing magic duration+Composure.

i think you need to get a whole lot less hostile with your posting. people didnt like your idea, so i suggest getting over it. this is an adult world, where temper-tantrums, name calling, and all around belligerence arent tolerated. we are having an adult conversation and debate over a certian topic. by resorting to name calling or failing to provide a proper defense to your idea, your just making less and less people want to support your topic. I suggest taking a step back, calming down, and approaching your idea from anothers perspective and attempting to see what they see wrong with your idea. once you do that, hit the drawing board and mallet out a more refined and balanced idea that will please people. this is how progress is made, not by petty name calling or brash insults.
    So far, I've only really seen two people complain. Considering the utter lack of traffic to the forums, in general, I wouldn't consider two people as the majority. Not to start anything, but the real world tolerates name-calling, intolerance and belligerence about as much as it tolerates politeness, tolerance and understanding. But that's not really a discussion for this forum.

The thing is, I have provided plenty of "defense" for my idea. I jotted down some ideas, typed them up, posted them in this thread and tried to make them as concise and organized as possible. Because some people read the first few words, they jump to some pretty baseless conclusions or assumptions. When somebody like Silvers comes along and says "ur idea is dumb n op n shallow", I don't feel any obligation to "defend" my idea to him because he's made no points about how it is dumb, shallow or over-powered. With a few tweaks, Crimson Arts could be a fantastic asset to Scholar, but I don't see anybody except me trying to figure out how to improve it. Just some people making unconnected or trite commentary.

If you think the idea has merit, try to improve it. I've done my best to try to include other sensible ideas into my own, but it just seems like everyone would rather take stabs at it without trying to improve it... and if that's how things are gonna' work around this forum, there's no point in anybody posting anything because nothing constructive will be designed.

To Silvers:

Shallow: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/shallow

Balance: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/balance

I am inviting you to point out exactly what is shallow and unbalanced (about Crimson Arts); And I cordially invite you to improve it.

So far, you've commented about giving it a shorter duration without reason. The HP-consuming effect has already been covered by the augmented stratagems themselves. In terms of balance, the only things you've mentioned is the Divine Magic Skill/Dark Magic Skill issue and that the bonuses aren't large enough.

In my opinion, Light Arts shouldn't even optimize Divine Magic Skill. Especially since SCH learns no native divine-magic spells. It makes little sense that it does. They should probably just remove that aspect of Light Arts from the game, IMO.

A quick fix for Crimson Arts would be to just have it optimize all aspects of magic skills then.
    (0)
    Last edited by Fetus; 03-25-2011 at 11:16 AM.