Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Shinzonx
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    yeah i understan the concern for those spells and all but even though sch is suppose to be RDM BLM and WHM combined useing JA's to increase its power the storms and helixs make it almost like Geomancer so like really sch doesnt have anything that outcast blm rdm whm thats why we get over looked when people looking for nukers so like Fusion Spells or something that make sch its own job like blm with ga's and AM's would be nice to see sch have its own Schema's thats as powerful as ga's and AM's
    (0)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus View Post
    Would just like to bump this thread... there's some great ideas that SE should take a look at.

Some comments:

1) Changes to Light Arts and Dark Arts are unnecessary.
    2) Changes to Modus Veritas and Sublimation seem sound.

Introducing Tier II -storm spells sounds great as long as they grant the double weather-effects.

"Fusion" spells seem an interesting concept. Some questions, though:

- MP cost?
    - Casting time?
    - Recasting time?
    - Potency?

The ability to create Level 2 and Level 3 Skillcahins via Immanence sounds pretty cool. I don't see a need for something like Cosmic Elucidation, though.

I think an "Elemental Purge" is more of the purview of BLM, but it's a interesting idea, nonetheless; And out of spite, I decree it should have accuracy and a recast time equivalent to that of Modus Veritas so that BLM everywhere can experience needless agony. (I kid, I kid.)

Lastly, I keep seeing people say they want a Light-based or non-elemental magic attack and I think Pebe nailed it. BLM is going to get Meteor... SCH should get Ultima. Make it a powerful element-netural spell that changes elements based on the current weather. Make it reasonably potent, give it a sufficient MP cost, a modest casting/recasting time and call it done.

Agree? Disagree? Other ideas?

ill have to disagree that DA and LA dont need SOME form of addtion.... perhaps not the ones i listed, but possibly an alternative.

the fusion spells were supposed to be quick casting moderate damage/MP costs... so like the power of a T3~4 nuke, for slightly More MP and slightly less casting time... the reason they wouldnt be as strong as a T5 is simply because these are intended to enhance damage done by other spells and create magic bursting oppourtunities... if anything id like them to cast like a little bit slower then holy...
    so it would be like:
    Power: T4
    MP: T5
    Speed: T3

id even go so far as to give SCH the Skillchain bonus job trait, or gear with that trait.

i still think giving sch the ability to do cosmic would give us a rock solid place in the game that noone could ever touch, we would be the ULTIMATE damage enhancers for blms, or ultimate SC openers for melees.

totally agree with the ultima comment. i however would like SCH to get a significant boost to its pathetic MP pool. most blms have a 1k MP pool... my sch has like 700 >_>
    (0)

Character
    Talizorah
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yeah the light arts and dark arts idea you have are never going to happen; I mean sch already has the same teir nukes as blm, why would they give them a higher MAB so they can nuke at the same level as blm??? And even whm doesn't get a native cure potency boost they only get it via gear, AND sch already has the ability of to boost their cures by 60% with the rapture ability which can be used much more often than whms' divine seal, which is a 10min recast. I'm sorry but sch was not ment to heal on the same level as whm nor nuke on the same level as blm.
    (0)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    it also wasnt meant to be useless. theres far more blms and whms in the game, thus making it so NO ONE WOULD EVER WANT TO BRING A SCH OVER THEM.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Cosmic Elucidation is not a real SC even when used by whats his name, its just a "PWN you move" when you take too much time.

Quote Originally Posted by hideka View Post
    the fusion spells were supposed to be quick casting moderate damage/MP costs... so like the power of a T3~4 nuke, for slightly More MP and slightly less casting time... the reason they wouldnt be as strong as a T5 is simply because these are intended to enhance damage done by other spells and create magic bursting oppourtunities... if anything id like them to cast like a little bit slower then holy...
    so it would be like:
    Power: T4
    MP: T5
    Speed: T3
    I like this

depends on what t4 for damage and t5 for mp though, those lines of spells of stone and thunder is really drastic, mabye bases around the fire IV- blizard IV range? damage wise?
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 03-18-2011 at 10:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Player
    I would like to see SCH get something that is like a distinction, that makes it more unique as a main. It's an excellent support job for certain jobs, but it doesn't shine as much as a main nowadays. Obviously, Abyssea is a huge influence, because SCH isn't capable of doing as many yellow !! as BLM is. Adloquium is cool I guess.

Sure, we get Tier V nukes, just like BLM, but given the current state BLM beats SCH. I have fairly top-nuking gear for both jobs and due to BLM having Blizzard V and atma that favors it, my SCH cannot top my BLM's damage. That doesn't bother me much at all, though.

What I would like to see is something that SCHs would use frequently that's unique to their job. Really, when one looks at it, it isn't much at all... Helix spells (maybe), storm spells, enmity+/- spells at 85, Adloquium at 88 (60 TP for the duration, or 120 TP with Perpetuance/135 with AF3+1 hands/150 with AF3+2 hands)... nothing that really -shines- out that would result as, "Hey, gear Scholar!" (I can tell you 95% of the time people forget I even have the job at 90). I wouldn't mind seeing something that increases the TP/tic to that. Red Mages got something to boost their Refresh, and we get something as well as WHM to boost Regen effect as well as duration. I wouldn't think getting something to boost Adloquium is unreasonable.

I can't say I've been asked to heal on Scholar often. Anytime I'm asked to heal that means I'm on White Mage. So when I'm on Scholar, it's mostly support healing and nuking. Casting storm spells / using Ebuillence makes up for our lack of MAB vs. BLM, and casting Aurorastorm helps makes up for our lack of cure potency vs. a WHM's. I rarely use the enmity spells. I'm rarely with a tank, and anytime I nuke that means I'm getting hate anyway, enmity- spell on or not.

Since we got a Stratagem that makes a spell open or close a skillchain, I could forsee them adding spells with multiple elements (maybe). That's actually an interesting idea that I like, but as others have said, it's a question of how fast the spells would be, damage, and MP cost. T2 storm spells and T2 helix would be neat as well. However, it's only 9 levels, it's a matter of seeing what SE has in mind that isn't obvious already, given the rate of spells we have gained since 75 cap... all under Addendum: Black of course, only exceptions being the white magic spells we've obtained: Adloquium, Enmity spells, and Regen III.

What we have gotten just for nukes:
    Stone V - SCH79
    Water V - SCH83
    Aero V - SCH87

What we can likely expect just from that:
    Fire V - SCH91
    Blizzard V - SCH95
    Thunder V - SCH99

But it's obvious to me Scholar needs more than that, something other jobs won't have. If they do introduce merits for lv99, that'll be a given that we'll get some unique stuff, it's just a matter of what that'd be and how it'd influence the playerbase to use/play the job.
    (0)

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I still personally think sch is fine on the nuking spectrum. The amount we can boost our spells with our abilities and our full af3+2 is redonculous (yes not a word i know). Sure, it may take a few extra seconds to set it up but its extremely powerful.
    Ex.

-Alacrity Klimaform on most of the time with af3+2 feet. With correct storm thats 20% damage boost to the same elemental magic as storm.
    -Storm spells themself with obi and twilight cape +15% damage.
    -Ebullience with af3+2 head gives 30% damage boost. (I tried to remember these numbers of the top of my head, may be off slightly).

See already we can increase the damage of our nukes by 65% which blm cannot do unless they have a sch giving them storms, making the difference then 50%. It really is quite devastating. When I can hit 5.5k Blizzard IVs(This was without drink and only using aquillo's staff not the magian staff, but it was with day and zodiac ring, so another 15% boost), one can only imagine how strong Blizzard V will be. In my opinion, nuking wise, sch just needs a tier of elemental celerity because I usually don't waste stratedgems on alacrity unless making solo skillchains or using klimaform. Oh and more unique sch only spells. Just remember we may nuke close to blm, but sch is never suppose to pass blm in terms of magical DD. Unless that blm is extremely undergeared (like mine lol), then there is no excuse.
    (0)

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Oh, new idea. They should make the enhances addendum on sch af3+2 body like enmity douse. Everytime you switch from addendum black to addendum white or vice versa, it acts as an enmity douse. That would be fair because it would take two stratedgems. Lights arts >> white then back to dark arts >> black.
    (0)

Character
    Anyia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    These are very innovative ideas and really do deserve a hard look at. I'm hoping that SCH gets the boost that I hope it does with this update.
    (0)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    i feel that SCH still, even with the suggestions i made for fusion magic, would still need even more to bring it into its own unique role, cause ATM we quite honestly SUCK in the greater scheme of things. id like to see completely unique ideas for spells... some that come to mind:

Dark arts: Enhanced by elemental magic & INT
    Not restricted to arts
    Accession Compatible
    Perpetuance Compatible
    Duration: 5 Minutes
    Recast: 5 Minutes
    MP: 150

Provides a Shield against magic. increased magic defense bonus VS spells matching targets current weather. augments Addenendum white & black.

Addenendum White additional effect: When shield is dispelled via damage, returns 50% of damage absorbed to caster & 25% to Affected target.
    Addenendum black additional effect: when dispelled by damage, caster gains Magic attack equivalent to 5% of total damage absorbed towards next offensive spell cast.

Logic: this would give the SCH a spell that carries both defensive, offensive, and support capabilities when used in various situations. it would ideally max at 500 damage absorbed, thus returning a max of 250 MP on removal from current target, or 25 MAB & conserve MP for the next spell cast by the scholar based on the arts the spell was cast in

imo this spell would fit sch's tactical role PERFECTLY, the MP ammount might seem like alot upon return, but keep in mind its got a 5 minute recast on it, and the target has to take specifically magical damage for it to be activated.

Dark arts: Enhanced by Enhancing magic
    Not restricted to arts
    compatible with all strategems.
    Duration: 5 Minutes
    Recast: 10 seconds
    MP: 30

Increases Enhancing magic effects based off of current arts.

Light arts: enhances all white magic aligned enhancing magics effects by +1 on current target. Provides caster a small boost to light arts bonuses based on number of targets effected by spell (+2% to each light arts effect per target effected, caps at +10%. this extends to all bonuses applied from gear effects to light arts)

dark arts: enhances all dark magic aligned enhancing magics effects by +1 on current target. Provides caster a small boost to dark arts bonuses based on number of targets effected by spell (+2% to each dark arts effect per target effected, caps at +10%. this extends to all bonuses applied from gear effects to light arts)

this spell would remedy the lack of T2 storm spells for one, and it would also serve to make WHM BLM RDM enhancing spells to preform more effectively.

Minuo pretium (Blood Price)
    Strategem
    Dark arts
    All Black magic Compatible

Next spell cast will consume the casters HP instead of MP

HP conversion rate is 2MP - 1 HP.

Praevenio Decessus (death prevention)
    Strategem
    Light arts
    Healing magic Compatible

Next healing magic spell will bestow Numen upon its target, spell will not heal target.

Effect: when the target of a healing spell paired with this strategem is brought below 0 HP, this effect will heal the user for the ammount the Heal SHOULD have done:
    EXAMPLE:
    1) Hideka uses P.D
    2) Hideka casts Cure V on tank
    3) Tank is healed for 0 HP
    4) Tank gains the buff of numen
    5) Minutes later, the tank eats 200 more HP then he has and falls to 0 HP
    6) Numen buff is removed, and the tank is healed for the ammount the origonal cure 5 healing spell should have done.

this ability will carry a internal timer for each target, making it so a target cant recieve this effect more then.... like every 5 minutes or so, and cant be paired with accession for AOE cheat death.

these abilities paired up with fusion magic would bring scholar even closer to having its own unique spot in a party.
    (1)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast