Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    thanks for all of the positive responses the light and dark fusion magic is just a wet dream of mine, by basically sc'ing with them, you would create cosmic elucidation, which is the SC used by tenzen, and likely can only be produced by using all SC elements in one SC, which is not possible with our current weapon skills. and yes, id totaly dig an ultima schemea, it would be freaking awesome to have some neutral elemental damage in the hands of a caster finally. as to the cure potency topic, you should include " we have 22% from the shuryas staff" which means we only really have 23% curepotency in gear outside of one overpowered TOM staff >_>!

also good point on immanence, the SC window is fairly short and almost imposible to use a T5 spell to close it w/o fast cast stratagems.
    (0)

Character
    Yukichibi
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Even SMN have 50% cure potency nowdays (even more XD) and cure IV, thanks to rapture we can still be good healers on one people only (Tank).
    Immanence allowed us to keep with BLM, but Elemental Celerity put them out of our ligue again.
    It's very frustrated to see a BLM without dark arts casting quicker than a SCH.
    Being able to silencega, paralyga and such could be pretty cool, i know RDM will rage, but if they have the tier 2 spells, they can be better on single target, while we are better at crowd control.
    Being said why giving us accession while we could have the GA spells on our list from the start.
    (0)
    30/05/2004 PLD - PUP - COR - SCH

I agree with Modus Vertas topic. Very very good imo.

However I have a problem with the Light Arts suggestion. If you're a good SCH and you love the job (and all aspects of it...not just spamming dark arts) then you will at least have the Surya's Staff +1. If you have leveled WHM as well as SCH and have even more multijob cure potency gear and are primarily a mage chances are you have the Selenian Cap with 3%, Tatsumaki Sitagoromo with 5%, and possibly a Fylgja Torque(+1) with 2%(3%). If you leveled SCH before the the Abyssea craze and did Sea as an event, you'll probably have at LEAST a Korin Obi giving you a 10% boost with Aurorastorm up. ALSO if you've cleared Dynamis Xarcabard that is ANOTHER 10% from the Atma of the Rescuer which will put you at or above 50% if all conditions are met (not including Obi effects since those stack above the cap). SCH has a lot of cure potency through gear/atmas availiable. It takes the player to decide if they're going to go head over heals on their healing magic set and go that far. When if comes to the Selenian Cap and Tatsumaki Sitagoromo augments, any other augments are easily replaceable by new gear except for the cure potency augments which can't be found on any other piece (other than WHM gear) but these so imo they are the prefered augments to chose.

Now as for the OTHER suggestions...other than Cure V which is unessessary because of Rapture, I'd stamp a giant YES on them. Tier 2 weather spells I would assume grant the effect of double weather which would be no less than AMAZING. An tier 2 helixes I'd die for. Seeing my Helixes proc at 500+ damage atm is enough to have me sqealing to myself (and I don't really have pimped gear lol). It'd also be cool if the tier 2s inflicted a bad stat or something like Cryohelix II inflicts mild paralyze or something awesome like that.

The Dark Arts suggestion I agree with sort of. To be honest with atmas, ebullience, and weather procing Obis/Twilight Cape/Zodiac Ring, you can do some pretty dirty damage. And please don't feel gimp for using ebullience. Some SCHs kind of do. Just think of it as a way to take an extra step forward. SE gave us the job ability so use it!! But the fact that we CAN'T use Eradico's Mitts PISSES ME OFF. I'm stuck using Goliard's cuffs because i'm too goddamn lazy to get the +5 MAB mitts off that fly in the past. If I could just wear those oh my god...

Fusion spells look really cool. The teir II ones I believe would be enough because you can string those together to make a level 3 SC fine.

Great ideas. I hope Squeenix considers some of them.
    (0)

Player
    i saw somewhere that sublimation was getting changed but it never happened instead of 2hp/2mp it was like 2hp/7mp im sure i say it searching for link now

go here half way down the page
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/verup/...35/detail.html

that was never implemented or am i wrong? i have 90 scholar

for that 2/7 ratio for 250 hp at 1000 hp i should get 1750 mp

The effectiveness of the scholar ability "Sublimation" in converting HP to MP now increases based on level.
    Lv35: 2HP => 2MP
    Lv45: 2HP => 3MP
    Lv55: 2HP => 4MP
    Lv65: 2HP => 5MP
    Lv75: 2HP => 6MP
    Lv85: 2HP => 7MP
    (0)
    Last edited by Ezikiel; 03-16-2011 at 02:46 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezikiel View Post
    i saw somewhere that sublimation was getting changed but it never happened instead of 2hp/2mp it was like 2hp/7mp im sure i say it searching for link now

go here half way down the page
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/verup/...35/detail.html

that was never implemented or am i wrong? i have 90 scholar

for that 2/7 ratio for 250 hp at 1000 hp i should get 1750 mp

The effectiveness of the scholar ability "Sublimation" in converting HP to MP now increases based on level.
    Lv35: 2HP => 2MP
    Lv45: 2HP => 3MP
    Lv55: 2HP => 4MP
    Lv65: 2HP => 5MP
    Lv75: 2HP => 6MP
    Lv85: 2HP => 7MP
    They implemented it, you've just got the complete wrong idea about how it works.

Sublimation only heals MP equal to 25% of your HP. If one tic is converted to a greater amount of MP, that isn't making Sublimation restore a greater amount, it's increasing the rate at which is fills.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    They implemented it, you've just got the complete wrong idea about how it works.

Sublimation only heals MP equal to 25% of your HP. If one tic is converted to a greater amount of MP, that isn't making Sublimation restore a greater amount, it's increasing the rate at which is fills.
    so at 1000 hp it still only gives 250 mp just fills up faster? retarded! bet MEH! ty for letting me know
    (0)

Player
    Having it fill up faster isn't really retarded. Roughly 250MP every minute is far more useful that 1750MP every six minutes. 1750MP is also way more than you'd ever need.
    (0)

Player
    i spam stuff so i actually need more than that lol j/k
    (0)

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Regarding your ideas with the light and dark arts changes: They should just ninja-patch that in on the Savant's Body +2. Make the "Enhances Addendum" something more significant than enmity- plz~~~

In regards to nuking, I think our nuking ability is just fine. I can outnuke a blms blizzard V with my Blizzard IV if i use the correct abilties. And when we get fire V and Blizzard V next update, it will be devastating....

Sch is supposed to be the stratedgic mage (spelling), so they should have special abilities that make the effect the members of the party to make devastating combination attacks. Libra, Adlaoqium, and the enmity spells were a good push in the direction of a stratedgic mage, but there should be something more that makes parties say "hey we need a sch so we can do "insert cool thing here"". The idea of being able to create Cosmic Elucidation via sch, in my opinion, would greatly aid this cause. The ability to create Cosmic Elucidation via a sch ability and any two, relic, mythic, or empyrean weaponskills sounds cool too me.

Should give sch an ability that sets an enimies weakness and resistance to null. Similar to tamahawk for war but just for magic.

Should give sch a light based, or a non-elemental based magic attack (perhaps a changing elemental attack that varies depending on the storm you have up?)
    (0)

Character
    Fetus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 57
    Would just like to bump this thread... there's some great ideas that SE should take a look at.

Some comments:

1) Changes to Light Arts and Dark Arts are unnecessary.
    2) Changes to Modus Veritas and Sublimation seem sound.

Introducing Tier II -storm spells sounds great as long as they grant the double weather-effects.

"Fusion" spells seem an interesting concept. Some questions, though:

- MP cost?
    - Casting time?
    - Recasting time?
    - Potency?

The ability to create Level 2 and Level 3 Skillcahins via Immanence sounds pretty cool. I don't see a need for something like Cosmic Elucidation, though.

I think an "Elemental Purge" is more of the purview of BLM, but it's a interesting idea, nonetheless; And out of spite, I decree it should have accuracy and a recast time equivalent to that of Modus Veritas so that BLM everywhere can experience needless agony. (I kid, I kid.)

Lastly, I keep seeing people say they want a Light-based or non-elemental magic attack and I think Pebe nailed it. BLM is going to get Meteor... SCH should get Ultima. Make it a powerful element-netural spell that changes elements based on the current weather. Make it reasonably potent, give it a sufficient MP cost, a modest casting/recasting time and call it done.

Agree? Disagree? Other ideas?
    (0)
    Last edited by Fetus; 03-16-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast