Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Nmekiller
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90

Are there any theorycrafting programs for MNK or FFXI in general?

I know World of Warcraft has programs you can download where you can upload your character information and all the gear available to you and then run some dps simulations to see what would be the best gear combination for you.

Also, is there a FFXI community out there that is the equivalent of Elitist Jerks?
    (0)

Every game has its share of elitist jerks and FFXI is no different.

At the moment FFXI doesn't have any "legal" features and programs outside of the given package when you buy the game. I think there is a program out there that somewhat does what you describe, but I don't know where to look and no smart person would dare give links out to the information on these forums. You would have better luck looking on unoffical forums, but word to the wise you have a much greater chance of having keyloggers and such included with the programs.
    (0)
    Last edited by Swords; 06-26-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Character
    Nmekiller
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Swords View Post

At the moment FFXI doesn't have any "legal" features and programs outside of the given package when you buy the game. I think there is a program out there that somewhat does what you describe, but I don't know where to look and no smart person would dare give links out to the information on these forums. You would have better luck looking on unoffical forums, but word to the wise you have a much greater chance of having keyloggers and such included with the programs.
    thanks for the info. I would settle for just a stand alone program that has nothing to do with a player's account, manually entering your character's gear and such, and simulating from there. You'd think someone would have built a program like that in order to have optimal dps or utility.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    There are several spreadsheets out there which do something like that, but no idea where, I'm sure someone can provide a link. I don't know if the FFXI calculator does enough for your needs, I don't think it's exactly what you want though (not sure, I haven't used it). I'm working on something like that myself, but it's far from finished (and has some minor bugs still). You can already use it to calculate some basic things like TP gain, time to 100% TP, compare delays and enemy TP gain, etc. (I think FFXI calculator does it as well) but it doesn't calculate the overall damage correctly yet. Also, it doesn't allow you to compare two different equipment sets directly.

The FFXI elitist jerk community hub is currently Blue Gartr forums, but there's also plenty on the FFXIAH forums and some remnants of that community still reside on the ZAM forums (previously Allakhazam), although that one's slowly dying out from my observation (which they will vehemently deny, of course). They also come visit these forums, but usually just to make fun of other people or spread some misinformation (either to troll or because they don't know better).
    (2)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

As far as DPS spreadsheets go,

Credit to Kinematics/Motenten of Allakhazam:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B0A...ut=list&num=50
    (0)

Character
    Nmekiller
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    great stuff guys, thanks.
    (0)

Character
    Solbadgirl
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Swords View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    The FFXI elitist jerk community hub is currently Blue Gartr forums, but there's also plenty on the FFXIAH forums and some remnants of that community still reside on the ZAM forums (previously Allakhazam), although that one's slowly dying out from my observation (which they will vehemently deny, of course). They also come visit these forums, but usually just to make fun of other people or spread some misinformation (either to troll or because they don't know better).
    Elitists Jerks is a forum.

And yes, BG is what you want to read mainly.
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    I can be an elitist jerk if you want, and I can be here on this forum too
    (0)

Character
    Solbadgirl
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    You may be whooshing me but I am trying to explain that OP was not saying he was looking for actual jerks who are elitists.
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    i know i just playin
    lol
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast