Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    The closest thing they have to you losing your money is, they just said they reserve the right to do away with Crysta system whenever they want and you will not get a refund. Infact they will never give you a refund on Crysta unless required by law.
    (0)

Character
    Ilisidi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Crysta do not expire. Who told you this?

There is nothing on the crysta info pages or in the support center or anywhere that says they expire.
    One of SE's Crysta information pages told me: ttp://www.square-enix.com/eu/en/account/crysta/charge.html
    (0)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    The closest thing they have to you losing your money is, they just said they reserve the right to do away with Crysta system whenever they want and you will not get a refund. Infact they will never give you a refund on Crysta unless required by law.
    so? Microsoft does this with their Xbox Live points, and I assume sony does it with their points for PSN as well, while its true they could do away with the crysta system but its more beneficial for them to keep it

Quote Originally Posted by Ilisidi View Post
    One of SE's Crysta information pages told me: ttp://www.square-enix.com/eu/en/account/crysta/charge.html
    okay their chart says 2 years, 2 years is quite a long time, and if you are buying regularly you will use up any older crysta long before it expires

they give an example and a chart

Crysta remain valid for two years from the date they were added, expiring at the end of the final month.
    For example: If Crysta were added on May 10, 2010, they would expire on May 31, 2012.

http://www.square-enix.com/eu/en/acc...s/time_img.gif

I think its safe to assume those of you who will use only crysta to play FFXI will be safe from any expiration dates since your balance will be renewed(charged) often

note: the next post was a dupe, so I removed it
    (0)
    Last edited by wildsprite; 06-27-2011 at 06:28 AM.
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

4. 06-27-2011 06:09 AM

Quote Originally Posted by wildsprite View Post
    from what I have seen, none of the gaming companies sell their points in odd numbers, xbox live points dont come in the exact points for any game or service you can buy with them, I think its the same with sony and whatever points they use for PSN, but I don't know. SE could change this to make it more convenient for us, but then it might become too much of a hassle for them to offer crysta in the future
    Yes, but just because other companies do this doesn't mean we like it. I don't use any of those other point cards because I don't want to have the leftover points I can't exactly spend, and when I stop buying things, I can't get the money that's leftover back.

Remember, with thousands of customers doing this, SE gets a lot of money total, that they can invest or gain interest on. This makes them more profit at our expense. It's company money, and we're being locked into a company store that only takes that money. It's worthless to anyone else. I hear the song "Sixteen Tons" when I think of this situation.

http://www.square-enix.com/jp/accoun...ta/charge.html

Japan's payment there takes VISA/MasterCard/JCN cards (all secured now, Japan has joined us in the 3D Secured thing), as well as NTT Docomo phone payment and WebMoney. No Click&Buy or PlaySpan.

http://www.square-enix.com/na/accoun...ta/charge.html

http://www.square-enix.com/eu/en/acc...ta/charge.html

There's the American payment info and the English European payment info. Looks like Click&Buy and PlaySpan are in use there. There is no mention of PayPal unless those companies accept it.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilisidi View Post
    The North American crysta page does not have that last section about expiration. Apparently, this varies by region. (just change eu/en to na in the URL)

Japan has joined us in the 3D Secured thing)
    Japan pioneered it. Companies were requiring 3D secure in japan long before SE started doing it here. There's even some coalition of companies that formed around it or something. The thing is, In the US and elsewhere, it hasn't been widely adoped by companies, thus why it can be hard to find a card that's compatible with it. We're being forced to use it because it's widely used in Japan, even though that makes little sense here due to the lack of adoption. The point is to reduce credit card fraud; the reason it's a problem is because it's making it difficult for legitimate users to give them the money they're asking for. So they give us some alternative options, but those options have flaws of their own (e.g. pocket change of crysta you can't spend)
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-27-2011 at 07:38 AM.

I have a 3D Secured card and I can't even use it because I don't know my password for it. When I try to reset it, it says the information I give isn't me, even though it's what my bank has registered to the card. My bank has no idea what VerifiedByVISA is and can't help me with it, even though they issue compatible cards, and VISA isn't responding to me.
    (0)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    you might have to contact visa themselves to have that information fixed
    (0)
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3