Thread: Skilling up

Player

Skilling up

Please make skilling up faster for players.

If you disagree thats ok but this is my side of the story. =D

I think the skilling up in this game takes rediculous amounts of time, I remember leveling up my throwing for my ninja back in the days and that was so painful. So far its been ok I will say but here's the problem, levels are going so fast now since exp bonus was implemented, that people cannot keep up with their skill ups some people have to go back to old places to skill up. This is not new what im saying, its been this way for years, I just want to know who else agree's with me.

I know alot of people bring their low level characters to abyssea and have people level them up, but thats not what im talking about here, im taking about when you do a normal level sync party, your character cannot keep up with the skill ups.

Please feel free to leave your comments, also keep in mind i'm not taking about leechers skilling up after they level in abyssea, im taking about normal party'n with lack of skill ups.
    (0)

I can see the logic behind not wanting to get behind on Weapon Skills due to frequent Level Sync (as I do this often myself), and I don't think it would be too crazy to have Weapon Skill-ups while Sync'd because the tech is similar to having your Level Capped while still getting Exp towards your actual Exp pool. Maybe even at a slower rate than the recently increased rate, but it would at least be something.

I don't think they need to be increased quicker for when you aren't Level Sync'd though, I usually am pretty close to cap on most jobs I play at lower levels by the time I level up (not level sync'd).
    (0)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Problem is, they actually think that increasing skillups too much would unbalance the game. They actually said that. Truth is, if you leveled up and your skills actually capped immediately, it would make no effect on the game what so ever except take away a rediculous time sink that shouldn't have been in there to begin with.

on my melee puppet I average about 1-2 levels every hour, when you are 30 levels behind, which happens on pup very easily, thats 30 possible hours of just sitting there hitting a mob. That is not in any way shape or form, "fun"
    (0)

This was part of the reason for increased skill ups so people didnt have to spend a lot of time skilling up after level sync or abyssea but they also decreased the level of mob needed to skill up. In theory you should have enough time in abyssea in a merit party to cap most main skills off hand skills are have always been hard to keep up with.
    I honestly don't see a problem with the skilling up even after a sync party... Ive capped a lot of skills since they implemented the skill increase.. Higher levels could always do besieged too they need to implement skill ups to campaign IMO because thats usually what I end up doing if I cant find a party
    (0)
    (A)-GERM

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    They increased the skillup rate below 200, it skills up fast, but after that is still painfully slow. The problem with puppets, in most cases in sync or abyessa you are using Ranger frame, that causes Magic and melee frames to be underleveled. You have to skill them up on their own

and it is rediculously slow. I had to cheat using the cursna trick to skillup magic puppet, I had over 200 hours trying to skillup mage puppet before I did that, and out of that 200 hours I got maybe 10 levels out of 40 I needed.

How is that in any way shape for form, Ok. At least with curnsa trick I could go afk for 30 mins at a time.
    (0)

Player
    I completely disagree with the need for a skillup rate incase on most skills. Having to skillup is a good way to insure that people actually have to work for a new job. There are a lot of people who identify things that they want in the game and then complain if acquisition isn't easy enough. Time spent on skillup is still miniscule when compared to the time people spent taking a new job to level 90. The face of the grind has just changed. Should we remove the grind? Personally, I say no.

Hey, if you don't want to put in the work, don't begin a new job. To take things to extremes, I'd certainly hate a game where all you had to do was go talk to an NPC and bam, you have a new job to LVL90 and capped skills. Where's the fun in that? You may say that skillup is painful, but having to work and earn things in the game are an essential part of the balance. This is what SE means when they worry for game balance and I agree wholeheartedly. Conservative changes are needed. And I believe that any kind of huge overhaul on the level that most players are asking for will certainly be way to big a change.

Keep dragging your feet on this issue, SE! Forcing some grind here and there is a good thing, and honestly, its your staple.
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Playing a game should not be equated with "WORK". I like the way SE is evolving the game to be easier, more accessible and making things obtainable to almost all players and reducing the time sink needed to get things done. No one should put too much time and effort in the game, if you are going to spend that much time, you are better off doing things that make you a better person in the real world. If you are going to put that much work + time, why not doing actual things that let you make your real life better and get you a better job
    (0)

Character
    Legomike
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    skill ups should come on every hit/cast til capped for the level of the monster this is what i want
    (0)
    Lego-DNC99 BST82 BRD69 PUP53 Other40+
    Sparkel-BST99 DRG82 RDM75 PUP53 Other40+
    Cooking100+6 Alchemy83+5 Other70 Gold52 Smith30
    Waiting For Death With Open Arms.