Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

FFXI death, PS2 fault?

[B]Q: There have been no updates to the auto-translate dictionary recently. Can we expect any terms to be added in the future?

A: PlayStation 2 memory limitations have placed us in a difficult situation where the addition of new terms to the auto-translate dictionary would require the deletion of existing entries. Given this, there are no current plans to add new terms, and we ask for your patience and understanding as we consider all possibilities. In a related matter, we are looking into updating the glossary contained in the Play Guide available on the official web site.
    Come on, maybe it's time to break this?
    FFXI death because of PS2 version ...

look at this please :

http://www.jpbutton.com/?page_id=3113

Push FFXI in 2.0 version full windows pc developpement, and enjoy !
    (0)
    Last edited by EvangelusFFXI; 03-09-2011 at 10:30 PM.
    SMN90 BLM90 WHM90 RDM85 ~ MNK75 PLD75
    Forum Storm FFXI : http://www.storm-linkshell.com/ffxi/index.php5
    Forum Storm FFXIV : http://stormffxiv.monalliance.net/

Another to report for flaming. It's not going anywhere give it up. Theirs already a bunch of selfish posts in multiple threads. If this is the only reason why you made an account here go back to the dying bg or alla.
    (0)

Player
    It's a valid concern when the hardware continues to prevent basic quality of life changes from being implemented.
    (0)

Character
    Keysersoze
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I posted this on Twitter, my idea wouldn't be to end support for PS2, but perhaps release a game upgrade for PC users (and XBOX 360 I suppose, if it can handle it) that would amount to a graphical update of the game. I know it doesn't solve issues like the Auto Translate limitation, but I know most in my LS would pay upwards of $40 for a prettier XI. I know I would. Certainly they could make enough to justify the development cost.
    (0)
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.

Character
    Jerritt
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 23
    Quote Originally Posted by Wint View Post
    but I know most in my LS would pay upwards of $40 for a prettier XI. I know I would. Certainly they could make enough to justify the development cost.
    I would too. It would be nice to have some better graphics. Would be even better if the NPC's actually had voices, but that's just wishful thinking But, I would certainly be willing to pay for better graphics.
    (0)

Character
    Stromgarde
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Other issues aside, that is a very well-written article.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaTheHut View Post
    Another to report for flaming. It's not going anywhere give it up. Theirs already a bunch of selfish posts in multiple threads. If this is the only reason why you made an account here go back to the dying bg or alla.
    I's not a flaming report, but a real problem. We can speak about this, right?
    (0)
    SMN90 BLM90 WHM90 RDM85 ~ MNK75 PLD75
    Forum Storm FFXI : http://www.storm-linkshell.com/ffxi/index.php5
    Forum Storm FFXIV : http://stormffxiv.monalliance.net/

Player
    I don't see where he is flaming, the OP is actually presenting a case in a very well thought out manner. And if you think about it for a bit, maybe SE can upgrade FFXI to become what FFXIV hasn't.
    (0)

Character
    Dreimar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    That article take care just about percentage, could be usefull to know how many are Japanese/Asian PS2/PS3/Xbox active accounts compared to NA/EU. Same thing about PC users, then we could get "the reason why " maybe
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by EvangelusFFXI View Post
    I's not a flaming report, but a real problem. We can speak about this, right?
    Well I'm pretty sure you can but it can still technically be harassment against your fellow players that can't or just would rather play on PS2. The fight is getting old.

If they would officially ask players about it have a guaranteed graphics overhaul(at least FF13 quality) so PS3/360 could still support it THEN people would be all for it. I know I'd switch. I almost never play my PC version because I'd rather use the high end thing for better modern games.
    (0)

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast