Cooking100+6 Alchemy83+5 Other70 Gold52 Smith30
    Waiting For Death With Open Arms.

Character
    Katoplepa
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    it's because of the PS2 limitations that we'll never see THIS ?

(0)

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaTheHut View Post
    Another to report for flaming. It's not going anywhere give it up. Theirs already a bunch of selfish posts in multiple threads. If this is the only reason why you made an account here go back to the dying bg or alla.
    Alla has always sucked. But BG, dying? Lol.
    This may hurt your feelings, but regardless of what you say, the day that FFXI does die, one of the primary causes will be the PS2 service continuing to the end.

As far as people saying they'd pay for an upgrade in graphics, there's absolutely no point for them to allow you to purchase such a thing.
    Once the files have been bought by one person, they will be immediately leaked for anyone and everyone to use.
    Unless SE plans on revamping POL hardcore [AKA, never.], there's no way to prevent anyone from just using the new files.

Before it's release, I always hoped FFXIV would be the new FFXI with better graphics. We all know now, that was a false hope. It may not have flopped if it was true, though.
    (0)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Quote Originally Posted by katoplepa View Post
    it's because of the PS2 limitations that we'll never see THIS ?

wohhh oO , what this?
    (0)
    SMN90 BLM90 WHM90 RDM85 ~ MNK75 PLD75
    Forum Storm FFXI : http://www.storm-linkshell.com/ffxi/index.php5
    Forum Storm FFXIV : http://stormffxiv.monalliance.net/

Player
    Keep in mind the issue is not upgrading the game, but alienating the client base.

Shutting down support for a PS2 version of the game would removing some players only means of playing the game and result in a loss of players and revenue (how much depends on the figures of course).

Performing a system-wide graphics upgrade after the PS2 is removed would jeopardize many current PC players. This game runs on practically any computer right now and that's a huge benefit. You cannot simply look at PS2 vs PC player stats - you would need to know how many people play the game on net-top boxes (ITX systems and even atom/ion systems run FFXI perfectly and are a more affordable solution than a new rig or auction-purchasing a PS2), how many play the game through virtual machines (linux/mac), how many people play the game on older laptops or desktops that can't even power a new graphics card.

A graphics upgrade would be nice, for sure, but think of it this way... how many "general" computer users would be upset if Microsoft came out and upgraded MineSweeper (on all versions of windows) to an all-out HD awesomeness game that only a 16 core, 48gb RAM, latest gen graphics card could handle?

If you place consumers in a position where they must upgrade a system to continue playing a game they have been able to play for 9 years, they are either going to quit playing or they will upgrade their system and start playing newer games. It's an overall loss to the player base in any real analysis and that's devastating to MMOs.
    (0)

Ok your right, but ... that's mean no New addon in futur, just some history like moogle or shantoto adventure ... in same zone, always and always ;_;
    (0)
    SMN90 BLM90 WHM90 RDM85 ~ MNK75 PLD75
    Forum Storm FFXI : http://www.storm-linkshell.com/ffxi/index.php5
    Forum Storm FFXIV : http://stormffxiv.monalliance.net/

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    You can't go by those numbers for PS2 because u needed a PC to fill in that survey the only real fair way to find out is ask a random set of pple ingame.

I'm pretty sure there is a pretty large proportion of ps2 gamers in japan that still use a ps2 for FFXI. (i would guess 10-20% of all ffxi user use a ps2 one way or another).

As for FFXI in HD remake i'd say no thx because honestly it's a redicuolus idea the number of man hour to reskin every zone would be insane to the point you could probably have them create a new set of zones.

Honestly we really don't know what problems the ps2 is causing and so far I've seen no problems except the auto translate which is fine as it is nothing they could add to would allow me to communicate that much better lol.
    (0)

Player
    Honestly you can't make everyone happy. Yes people may quit if they dropped support for PS2 which in my opinion is something that should be done if it would greatly benefit the game overall. People have quit due to lots of changes before, I saw many people quit because of the level cap raise, but new players have always come in.

Another thing is that PC players shouldn't have to be affected if they decided to revamp the graphics. They could always make it optional so you don't HAVE to have a high end PC just to play the game.
    (0)

Character
    Unaisis
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Either way <droping the ps2 or not> FF11 wont die >.>;;;
    (0)

http://www.youtube.com/user/koga41

Character
    Keysersoze
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by JouriStarz View Post
    Another thing is that PC players shouldn't have to be affected if they decided to revamp the graphics. They could always make it optional so you don't HAVE to have a high end PC just to play the game.
    Exactly, make it a paid upgrade, just like Abyssea or the other expansions that you buy and have activated.

To Rezeak, I don't think the reskinning would take as long as you think.
    (0)
    Last edited by Wint; 03-10-2011 at 04:03 AM.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast