Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Hotan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90

what ws is better rana or fudo

so i wanna go for one of the two but havnt made up my mind what ws is better
    tachi rana you can trial it to make your ja's better like thrid eye III or IV but tachi fudo's weapon has plus 15 to str so idk
    (0)

Do you mean the weapons that the Weapon Skills are on? Or just the Weapon Skills themselves?
    If it's just the Weapon Skills, Fudo beats Rana every time, no question about it.
    As for the weapons, I haven't really paid much attention to what the Mythic GKT's added Third Eye bonus does but whatever it is, it won't beat out Masamune's damage and Aftermath ODD.
    (0)

Character
    Hotan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjurio View Post
    Do you mean the weapons that the Weapon Skills are on? Or just the Weapon Skills themselves?
    If it's just the Weapon Skills, Fudo beats Rana every time, no question about it.
    As for the weapons, I haven't really paid much attention to what the Mythic GKT's added Third Eye bonus does but whatever it is, it won't beat out Masamune's damage and Aftermath ODD.
    masamune is only 3 dmg points higher the kogarasumaru and its aftermath is increases acc/atk with the GK having occ attacks twice
    (0)

Base damage is irrelevant on a weapon unless you are just Meditating up then running in to WS then running back out.
    Lv1 Aftermath for Koga is Acc, which is 100-199 TP so that's completely useless at this point in the game.
    Lv2 is the Attack and I'm not sure but Kirschy did testing that showed what amount of attack is gained for the different TP values from 200-299 but it's not enough to be out the ODD aftermath from Masamune.
    Lv3 is the OAT and having to save up to 300TP to use it again just kills your damage pretty badly.

Edit: Forgot to put this in having to save up to 300% TP each time you want a useful Aftermath is not better than using 100% TP and getting ODD for 30sec each time.

And if this is about which GKT is better, you might want to switch the title, even though it's a pretty stupid question to ask, the Mythics were never able to measure up to the Relics back in the day even before ToM, now with Emperyans in the equation they still maintain their place ont he totem pole.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sanjurio; 06-26-2011 at 05:37 AM.

Character
    Hotan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    [QUOTE=even though it's a pretty stupid question to ask[/QUOTE]
    how can it be be stupid to ask a question if i myself dont know
    (0)

Because there's a way to look this up, say on BG or something like that and not have to ask a question that's got an obvious answer.
    (0)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Really, you'd send some poor uninformed soul to BG? That's just cruel.

Really, the question is only "stupid" because it fails to ask clearly for the information that the person asking wants. The question is implied to be "Which is the superior Weapon Skill: 'Tachi: Rana' or 'Tachi: Fudo'?" The question that should have been asked was "Which of these weapons is more worthwhile to pursue: Kogarasumaru or Masamune?"

While there are myriad factors in Masamune's favor, this is strictly speaking a matter of opinion still. I must observe, however, that the OP's opinion seems to be a bit biased in favor of the Kogarasumaru, as indicated by the disbelief that the Masamune could be all that superior a weapon. The question to be asked here, of course, is why bother asking any such question at all if you're still going to hold your bias, no matter what the answer?
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    SAM is the easiest job to keep a 300 AM up and for mythic it last for 3min so you can keep it timed with med. The oat is 55% which means WS spamming. The weapons are probably a lot closer then San is suggesting. On weak enemys Fudo wipes the floor but it loses its edge on harder mobs.

If zanshin can't stack with mythics oat then it wont be as good after the july update but if it does mythic should pull ahead to be the best SAM weapon. I have a 90masa btw.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamarsamar View Post
    Really, you'd send some poor uninformed soul to BG? That's just cruel.
    If he went straight to the "Random Question Thread" and asked there instead of posting a new thread in advanced I'm sure he'd get a great answer.

That being said, I'm relatively positive Masamune will win in the long run. You have to remember the "Aftermath" on Mythics is only 1 of the 3, not all 3. When you WS at a certain TP%

100% is Accuracy
    200% is Attack
    300% is Occ.Atk.2x

I'd vote Masamune, But i'm no SAM expert. I just know storing to 300% TP really hurts your WS damage, no matter how fast you get there, You're essentially losing 2 WS's worth of damage.
    (1)

Character
    Zenairis
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotan View Post
    so i wanna go for one of the two but havnt made up my mind what ws is better
    tachi rana you can trial it to make your ja's better like thrid eye III or IV but tachi fudo's weapon has plus 15 to str so idk
    I noticed you mentioned making Third Eye better in your first post. People still do not know what this does yet sadly (even people with the 90 version or so I'm told,) I've still looked high and low for information on this myself for years now.

My suggestion for you is do something like the Masamune for now it takes little work compared to others, then if you want work toward something that's a more long term goal such as the Amanomurakumo or Kogarasumaru. I myself have been working on the Amanomurakumo for some years now but decided to do a Masamune till I can finish my Amano.

On another note I've based what Weapon Skill I prefer around Samurai's ability to make Skillchains, the Kogarasumaru currently cannot make a 2nd Light or Dark Trait Skillchain ontop of a Fusion/Fragmentation Light chain or a Distortion/Gravitation Dark Skillchain since Tachi: Rana is a Gravitation/Induration WS.

Tachi: Fudo is a Light/Distortion WS meaning it can make Light/Darkness and Double Light with some difficultly since it requires a Fragmentation + Fusion trait Light chain to be created then Fudo must be used after, in order to create a 4 step solo Double light you must use Yukikaze > Gekko Fragmentation > Kasha Light > Fudo Double Light.

Tachi: Kaiten is a Light/Fragmentation WS and currently the ONLY GK Fragmentation WS in Sam's Arsenal, Also, the only WS that can be used to make a 3 step Double Light solo such as Kasha > Kaiten Light > Kaiten Double Light or Infinite Fragmentation,Distortion,Fusion,Gravitation Skillchains with varying orders this is one example: Yukikaze > Gekko Fragmentation > Gekko Distortion > Kasha Fusion > Rana Gravitation > Kaiten Fragmentation > Gekko Distortion and so forth.
    (0)
    Last edited by Toren; 06-26-2011 at 11:21 AM.
    Former Toren of Fairy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast