Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 4 hit ws build

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    So a 90 sam with a 437 weapon would need how much?
    for a 4 hit build? would slightly depend on your ws gear but, if you ws'd in your tp gear with a 437 dealy weapon you'd need 126-40 STP = 86 from gear not including potential hassanshin procs/ikishoten merits
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Well I'm at like 76 or something. lol
    WS gear is something like +110str.
    (0)

Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    There is absolutely no point to a four-hit build, unless by four-hit you really mean five-hit (WS + 4 hits).

The only way this would change would be if they added gear with obscene Store TP values and good DD values as well, which seems pretty unlikely.
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryozen View Post
    Body is +10%, Back is +5%, Earring is +~2-3%, Mufflers are +3%. Parsing is posted in the Zanshin thread in the same sub-forum. Hassanshin rate is approximately 25% of total Zanshin rate.

I'm not sure trading Juogi out for AF3+2 is the right answer. While it nets you some Hassanshin, ATT, and Store TP for overflow, 5% crit rate and 2-3% double attack is a lot to give up.

Per 5/5 Ikishoten: I find Blade Bash to have enough utility that I'd rather keep that than add a fifth Ikishoten merit. I do lament having it on a 15-minute timer now.

15%/4 ~4% Zanshin would be close at 3% and should beat at 4%. A proc is 2 hits of white damage and 3+ hits worth of TP.

Unkai vs Atheling should lean in Atheling's favor unless Unkai is adding 2% zanshin rate.
    (0)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Player
    speaking of hassanshin, some one was saying on another thread that it doesnt proc on ws's, any one know that for fact? (if so i can knock off one of my ikishoten merits)
    (0)

Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    I spent half an hour WSing mobs with Hasso up and without any source of double/triple attacks, and never managed to see a proc. I may have just gotten unlucky, but it's probable that it doesn't activate on WS.

Feel free to go out and give it a try!
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryozen View Post
    I spent half an hour WSing mobs with Hasso up and without any source of double/triple attacks, and never managed to see a proc. I may have just gotten unlucky, but it's probable that it doesn't activate on WS.

Feel free to go out and give it a try!

Never seen it proc, 100% confident it can't. Been playing SAM during events for a week+ straight.
    (0)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    What were you looking for when you playing SAM during events? How would you tell the difference between a Double Attack from /WAR or Brutal and a Hassanzhin proc?
    (0)

Player
    more then likely TP return, if hassanshin worked with ws's you'd have a larger TP return with ikishoten merits, if you were looking specifically for hassanshin procs you'd probably use an other then war sub/remove double attack gear.

Also we should probably continue this line of thought on another thread... the whole 4 hit thing is ridiculous further more what we're talking about is mostly off topic of this thread. (although ikishoten merits +hassanshin would make an occasional 4 hit build.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nala; 07-30-2011 at 09:25 AM.

Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    I haven't seen anything to show that Zanshin/Ikishoten'd hits on a WS would provide any additional TP return.

My point was really that there'd be no way to know for sure if what you had was a normal double attack or a hassanshin proc. The only way to know for sure would be to do it in a controlled environment without any other source of additional attacks.

Unless one goes to all of one's events as /NIN or /DNC or somesuch, and leaves one's double attack gear in the Mog House. I doubt this was the case.
    (0)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast