Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Keitonnotachi +2 with STP is inferior.

Why?

You can already 5hit it without the STP (TP Bonus ahoy), cap Haste and use Sword Strap.
    (0)

Player
    kuroganashi: you realize to achive a 4 hit build on masamune you need 126 STP aka 86 STP from gear, im not bothering to check into it but i know thats a damn near hard number to reach from gear if its possible at all, that said for sure you will not be capped haste.

i once again re-itterate do you by chance mean a 4 hit after ws tp return build? because that is effectively a 5 hit build considering the event of a complete miss you need 5 attack rounds/total swings to make 100% tp, also adding to what i said before the total STP for a 4 hit build is even higher unless you ws in your tp gear, considering you need more STP on your tp build in order to compensate for the lower TP gain of your ws build.

also wasting your Keitonotachi on STP version is wasteful, your depriving your ws dmg heavily, TP bonus 100 = 0.3125 difference in tp moddifier, or effectivly 30% ws dmg the actuall % difference is smaller but still, lets see some one correct me if im wrong but the % difference between 100% and 200% on gekko mods is 20%, that is a hefty price to pay on your ws damage just for a 4 hit build.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nala; 07-19-2011 at 05:49 AM.

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    you can 4hit masa with capped haste in abyssea
    just need to use scorpion queen, plague bringer and eating carbo (lol)
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Posted this build in another thread but you guys have to factor in the 120 delay that you add each WS.

With the SAM update you can build a rather nasty 6hit for Masamune.

5/5 zanshin, 5/5 med recast, 5/5 OW, 5/5 iki

Masa/sword//thew
    zelus/justice/unkai/brutal
    af3+2/dusk+1/raja/mars
    atheling/bullwhip/af3+2/aces

Pretty hard to beat esp as you go up in haste. You can swap Mars for Pyrosoul if the acc isn't needed as well.
    (0)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    i'd use ace's+hoard if acc isn't needed (the ~1% hassanshin rate should beat the loss in attack)
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    i'd use ace's+hoard if acc isn't needed (the ~1% hassanshin rate should beat the loss in attack)

That's a great point, should have both setups.

and now I get to kill Raja again....
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    So a 90 sam with a 437 weapon would need how much?
    (0)

Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Taint2 View Post
    5/5 zanshin, 5/5 med recast, 5/5 OW, 5/5 iki
    Assuming you WS in Rajas and Brutal, you don't need 5/5 Ikishoten merits. You can go 4/5 and leave a merit in Blade Bash or Shiki.

Also, I don't see how Zanshin merits would be worthwhile. That would get you ~1% Hassanshin, whereas with full Store TP merits you could use more effective gear when TPing and have more TP overflow for Fudo damage. Store TP merits alone would allow you to drop AF3+2 body for Juogi(+1) which has better DD stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    So a 90 sam with a 437 weapon would need how much?
    With full Store TP merits, a Sword Strap, and Brutal+Rajas in WS, a six-hit (WS+5 hits) requires an extra 17 Store TP in the TP phase.

Without any Store TP merits and the above, 24 Store TP is required.

Check out FFXI Calculator. On the "Statistics" tab it allows you to play with different jobs, delays, and Store TP options to find this sort of thing out for yourself.
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryozen View Post
    Assuming you WS in Rajas and Brutal, you don't need 5/5 Ikishoten merits. You can go 4/5 and leave a merit in Blade Bash or Shiki.

Also, I don't see how Zanshin merits would be worthwhile. That would get you ~1% Hassanshin, whereas with full Store TP merits you could use more effective gear when TPing and have more TP overflow for Fudo damage. Store TP merits alone would allow you to drop AF3+2 body for Juogi(+1) which has better DD stats.
    The only improvement I could come up with is Juogi+1 and Gensha's mala. (which my WHM mule got last night /facepalm)
    5/5 Iki is for the TP overflow same reason you said keep the stp merits. SAM builds are going to be mystery until people find the zanshin bonus on stuff like AF3+2 body, AF earring, AF back and ace's mufflers. If stacking zanshin nets you atleast 2% it will rival Jougi+1 if its anything past 2% it will beat it. Ace's+Hoard would be a consideration as well.
    (0)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    Body is +10%, Back is +5%, Earring is +~2-3%, Mufflers are +3%. Parsing is posted in the Zanshin thread in the same sub-forum. Hassanshin rate is approximately 25% of total Zanshin rate.

I'm not sure trading Juogi out for AF3+2 is the right answer. While it nets you some Hassanshin, ATT, and Store TP for overflow, 5% crit rate and 2-3% double attack is a lot to give up.

Per 5/5 Ikishoten: I find Blade Bash to have enough utility that I'd rather keep that than add a fifth Ikishoten merit. I do lament having it on a 15-minute timer now.
    (0)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast