Thread: 4 hit ws build

Character
    Kuroganashi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/222248

This is how I get a 25% TP / hit settup (4 hit)

GK got STP+12 on it and I got Merit 5/5 STP
    (0)
    Last edited by Kuroganashi; 07-12-2011 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Additional Info

Player
    TP build doesnt work out in the math, even considering your using your using a STP keito, the math has you falling short, i count +90 STP 25/12.2 = 105 STP and thats not even considering your WS TP return. further more you are gimping your dammage without the TP bonus gkt.

in order to get a proper x hit build you got to consider your TP return off a ws as you typically will have less STP on your ws therefore need more STP on your tp gear to make up the difference.

in order to calculate your hit build:

(100-TPR)/x = y/z = XTP - T = FTP

TPR = tp return off ws
    x = hit build -1 (aka number of hits you are shooting for)
    y = total rounded up to the nearest .1
    z = base tp gain of your weapon (look it up on wiki)
    XTP = Total STP needed to get an x hit build based on your ws tp return (rounded up to the nearest 1)
    T = trait/passive STP total (were getting an update soon)
    FTP = STP from gear needed

anyways if you post your WS gear set as well i can tell you how much total STP from gear you need to achieve a 4 hit with a Keitonotachi
    (0)
    Last edited by Nala; 07-12-2011 at 06:42 AM.

Character
    Turdinator
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should...
    (1)
    Quote of the day*

"Opps sorry dozed off, do you think I care about a 5hit build obvioulsy not. Do I have the gear for it yes I do. A little thing about WAR is double attack which makes up for that. So you can shove your 5hit build for someone that doesnt even have WAR leveled."

Player
    actually with that drain hp grip currently its easy to pull off without sacraficing much however that grip gives something like +100 delay, at the very least +93 delay for sure based on my tp return from the masamune (base 14.5, 19.5 completely naked aka +35 stp from traits) but you swing so freaking slow, gotta lose alot of DPS for it, plus the patch notes say they are fixing it tomorrow.
    (0)

Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    Using a grip that adds delay is never the right answer. It's effectively like using an item with Store TP +X% and Slow +Y%. Slowing down your swings is going in the wrong direction.

Luckily for many, it seems that Squeenix has saved them from themselves with today's update.
    (0)

Just thought I'd point out now that as of today's update, it is finally possible to 4-hit with masamune outside of Abyssea.

However it does require some rare/expensive items and STP food, and it's only just barely attainable (IIRC, the most you can get is 121 STP with the food and you need 118 to 4-hit masamune)

Not really sure how practical this is, given you have to use some less-than-prime gear (Hachiman Kote +1 for example) but it's possible.

Unless there's a hardcap on STP that is.
    (0)

Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    It's a ridiculous idea, and not even close to worthwhile.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    forget your 4hit, 6 hit >5hit if you lower your haste for stp

and for hard cap there was none (tested with rose in campaign a long time ago)
    (0)

Player
    24% haste 5 hit build is doing pretty good if you ask me, only losing out on 1.xx% and that one swing is about 4 some odd seconds faster to to another ws (depending on how much total haste you have)
    (0)
    Last edited by Nala; 07-12-2011 at 07:35 PM.

As I said, I was only pointing out that it's possible, I said nothing of it being practical.

For now anyway - who knows what kind of STP gear or new merits we'll have access to at 99.
    (0)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast