Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5

Character name can't be hidden.

What is the reason for this? If it's to try to make people play nice by linking their Forum name to their character all that will happen is that people will select a level 1 mule.
    (4)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I read no where that the character linking was manditory.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    I read no where that the character linking was manditory.
    It is.

Personally I think people shouldn't try to hide who they are on the game with this being the official forum, though I can understand people's feelings on this.
    (4)

Character
    Tedra
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    I am planning on using my level one mule named Tragic lol.
    (0)

Character
    Arisingchicken
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 60
    I've already seen people from this forum trash talk on the user profile page of another site when the person here had used their in game name here. For some people displaying their in game name would be a real problem.

I would bet on this being an attempt at preventing sock puppetry or increasing accountability thinking people won't risk their in game reputations. Which I also think would be silly, since moderation alone should be handling problem posts/posters and if it isn't they need to have a look at their moderation itself.

I suppose one could choose to not use the forums anymore if they don't display anything if you don't link one, if it's a problem and you can't use a mule. But what real tangible benefit is forcing the use this feature anyway?

I'll be concerned myself if they displayed all my character names or otherwise prevent me from using a mule as my linked character. I was always under the impression this sort of thing would be optional if only for privacy reasons. I've been cyberstalked before so Ive been made a bit paranoid of connecting any of my screen names even when no real life info is attached. That person got information about me god knows how so I figure the fewer connections the better @.@

My current understanding of what I read in the announcement is just one character linked and displayed, so a mule should work.
    (3)

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    I made a slight comment in Port Jeuno /sh today, and Kimble I think it was asked if I was the same Raxiaz from the official forums. Or maybe it was Khajit. I get messed up with K's.

I have no problem with this linkage business. There's nothing I would say here that I wouldn't say in-game, and vice-versa.
    (2)

People will use level 1 mules, waste of time completely. What a stupid idea.

If this is to try stop trolling, people don't care about trolling forums. Most of the worst trolls I knew from other sites openly stated who they were and reveled in the notoriety of it.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    People will use level 1 mules, waste of time completely. What a stupid idea.

If this is to try stop trolling, people don't care about trolling forums. Most of the worst trolls I knew from other sites openly stated who they were and reveled in the notoriety of it.
    It's not a waste of time. If you want people to see your information, you'll know it's real, because it won't be level one jobs. And anyone on your server is going to recognize you anyway. Frankly I'm suprised that this wasn't available from the start.
    (3)

It's going to be sad if this stops people posting, quite a few will indeed stop using these forums if this is forced on your main character. It will be even more of a problem for JP players I would think.

I cant think of a single FFXI forum that forces you to associate and publicly show your ingame account to post, it's pretty stupid. Hell I'd be scared to say anything bad about the GMs or customer service after they add this..
    (2)

Character
    Alexisjade
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I have nothing to be a shamed about when it comes to having my chacter linked.
    (0)
    You're dammed if you do and you're dammed if you don't

Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast