Player

PS2 problem !!! NPC's are freezing me in game

I can not recieve my trial weapon in bastok. Everytime I speak to the NPC it freezes me . This has just recently become a problem and many of my friends who also play on PS2 are havng simlar problems. Why is PS2 having this issue now? how do i recieve my trial weapon since I don't have the PC versin or any other?
    (0)

This was posted in another thread by another player. I haven't tried it yet, but anything is worth a try

"I actually found a way to avoid getting npc lock in Sandy and Bastok; it seems that after you click on the npc -- whether it's the OP npc, WG npc, or moogle npc -- you have a small window of chance to not get froze by it. Simply after clicking the npc, or trading items or gils to npc, simply spam the menu button open (rectangle button), then if menu pops quickly spam the x-button, to click on that menu option to go off; this will prevent you from getting npc lock. I chose the playtime option from the menu, but other menu option works well also; as for as I know, this trick been working for over a month now".
    (0)
    Proud to be "Old School" and to have completed CoP pre-nerf

Character
    Gropitou
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    (0)
    Down with PS2 Emulation / Give us PS3 Native software