Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    http://www.ffxivpro.com/forum/topic/...timus-drivers/

Got a hit right away when I googled "NVIDIA GeFOrce GT 555M FFXI"

Figured it out, make sure your intel drivers are updated and disable your good nvidia card in device manager >.> ffxi just doesn't like optimus, you have to use your integrated card.
    Well, I have the exact same problem with my new Alienware M17x R3 that has both video cards.

After so many tests and research, it seems the only way to play FFXI is, indeed, disable the NVidia video card from Device Manager in Control Panel. Of course, then you lose your fancy NVidia card with 2 GB of VRAM for everything else :S.

Also, I have noticed slowdowns when 2-boxing. Granted, I have max graphic settings, but you shouldn't be playing like that with an Intel i7 showing 8 cores and 8 GB RAM ¬¬.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Player
    I found a solution that works... I just disabled the video card altogether and I'm using the integrated video card. Kind of a sad solution, but it works so I'm happy.

Thanks for all the advice
    (0)

Player
    Ooh, I look dumb. I posted that I found the solution after you posted it too. I need to learn to f5 more.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2