Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Now you're just splitting hairs!

For curiosity and the fact im on the same server, what Linkshell was this?
    That was actually when I was back on Fenrir. No clue if they are still active or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeek View Post
    Back in January, I was farming WoE for Birth Coins on DNC at the same time Supersun was farming coins. I can't say I was impressed with his damage output, but I never expect to be impressed with a melee RDM's damage output (and anyways, I'm sure we've both drastically improved our gear since then). But it's WoE (in this case, farming NQ mobs in Fluxes 01 and 03 for single coins), so who cares? Melee away and have some fun. WoE was an annoying grind.

But if Supersun's RDM was really among the top DDs in that old shell, then it seems something was wrong with the DDs in that shell. It's one thing for a casual to have modest damage output with modest gear, but it's something else entirely if they incorrectly used the gear they did have. :/
    In #3 I agree with you. I HATED that flux so much. I mean it's like they made a flux where all the NORMAL monsters were immune to your enfeebles and they spammed silence.

In #1 I pretty much a Damask Crabs worst enemy. Yeah, I wasn't set up as well for the other crabs, though I could still kill them decently, but I was mainly geared to stomp those lil physical resistant bastards into the ground.

And to be fair WoE isn't the best example of my damage, at least when watching my WS. Those things had a pretty hefty amount of MDef.

And even then, I'm not one of these insane melee Rdm enthusiasts you claim that we are that has to melee everything. Whenever one of those boss crabs came waddling over and aggros one of our party members and we decide to might as well attempt to try it the last place I want to be is within a 25' radius of that thing.

But then again, it's WoE, I didn't come to WoE to DD most of the time. I came to tank since just like campaign taking damage is the fastest way to rack up points, and in #2 I was able to pretty consistently take top 5 unless there were a bunch of leech plds in there, and I sure get a lot more points melee as Rdm then standing in the back.

(also unfortunately my gear hasn't improved that much since then. College has been rather time consuming. Summer classes just ended though so hopefully I can log on a bit more again)
    (0)
    Last edited by Supersun; 07-23-2011 at 02:46 AM.

Yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed being the only one capable of pulling in Flux 02 and holding all the adds on DNC, without dying, so that a number of otherwise insignificant 'contributors' could routinely place above me. It was awesome to make a real contribution to a bunch of smooth, easy clears and not receive a personal chest half the time.

Thank God I only needed Birth Coins and was able to get out of that hellhole within a week or so.

Oh, and I never liked joining parties in Flux 01. Those crabs have party/alliance hate and I didn't care to waste time and RR charges while other people inevitably aggro'd a bunch of crabs, including NMs, time and time again.
    (0)

-- Fan of Abyssea and FFXI's New Direction --
    -- THF - DNC - BLM - RDM --

Quote Originally Posted by Eeek View Post
    Yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed being the only one capable of pulling in Flux 02 and holding all the adds on DNC, without dying, so that a number of otherwise insignificant 'contributors' could routinely place above me. It was awesome to make a real contribution to a bunch of smooth, easy clears and not receive a personal chest half the time.
    It's sad that if that was a Pld doing that instead he would of placed first every time.
    (0)

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18