Looking for friends...

Greetings, I am Achika, a Hume MNK. I come along with Paksenarrion, an Elvaan WHM. I am looking for some new friends to hang out with, maybe do some events with sometimes. While I have some friends, the time zone difference between us is too great to be able to do stuff with often.

I'm not looking for a hardcore endgame shell. I'm not even necessarily looking for one to do something every day.

You might be wondering "Why do you have no friends?" Tis a terrible tale I share. I have somewhat of a selfish and confrontational personality. If I feel I've been wronged, I will go into a terrible fit, woe is me, et cetera. I believe some people would call it a "pity party."

My last group had a few members that I didn't quite like doing events with. They were nice enough people normally, but during events, our personalities clashed because I was too much like them. I left the group, drama happened, I had a mental breakdown, and was pretty much unbearable to be around for the last few weeks.

Now that I'm out of that funk, I've decided to start the cycle again, by making new friends. The last time I did this, I had other avenues I could go through to find new friends. Too bad that I don't have those so much now.

So I've decided to come to this sparsely populated server-specific board in hopes that someone would be willing to give me a chance. I think I'm a very nice, though somewhat stupid in regards to game mechanics, person unless I'm pushed into a corner.

I apologize for not exactly sounding like someone that people would want to hang around, and I'm probably leaving some major details out (I'm not going to talk about the issues with my old friends any more than what I have already, because I'd rather not sully their reps with derogatory information that's completely biased. I hope they consider the same of me, if they see this here.), but that's me in a nutshell.

So...Anyone want to give a possibly insane person a chance to be a friend? =D
    (1)

Character
    Graystone
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Paksenarrion View Post
    Now that I'm out of that funk, I've decided to start the cycle again
    The cycle of making friends, doing things with them, throwing a fit when you don't get your way, then dissowning said friends? Haha you don't really make a compelling case here, but I can relate somewhat. I'll be your friend but I doubt I'd want to participate in any events with you until I got to know you better, and I can't really offer much as my highest job is THF40 (would be higher but im trying to pace myself for my bf who works full time, we started together) but beggars can't be choosers as they say . I should be on around 6-7 EST, I'll message you in game if I see you, I don't like to share my identity in game on these trashy forums
    (0)

I can't say I paint the best picture of myself, but I prefer to be truthful and let people know what to expect. Typically the cycle ends because I take something way out of proportion, and only later realize how insignificant the issue was. Or because groups of friends clash and being in the middle of that sucks. But typically some combination of the two building up together.

It is predictable though. Typically every four years. Or around that. =o

And yay, someone that will talk to me! =D
    (0)

Character
    Graystone
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Sorry I missed you the other day. Are you on a lot? My social linkshell is always recruiting, I can ask to get you a pearl if you promise to behave.
    (0)

===========Don't make me kick your butt into next Watersday!===========

Lately I've been kind of off and on a lot. Busy with work and finishing off the last few classes for my degree. I tend to mostly be on at night when I can be, but I'm typically available on the weekends for the most part, though I run with an Abyssea group on Saturday afternoons. =x

I'll behave. =D I'll probably stay quiet for at least a week while I judge how far I can actually go with jokes and such. I think I'm pretty fun to be around, but I may be biased. I try to stay away from people if I get in a bad mood. =x Didn't quite work in the former cases due to the fact that I owned the message boards that they frequented, but I can't quite afford to host boards anymore so probably a little less frequent on those.
    (0)

6. 07-16-2011 02:19 PM

Character
    Lowengrein
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 37
    I'm not sure the validity of this thread anymore but I'm a player on quetz looking for new friends/ people to party with xD
    I can't help but feel that the game is very desolate at the earlier levels so I've been pushed to the forums looking for people as well ^^;
    (0)