Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    So instead of my DRG only getting 30% bonus damage when critical hitting, I get 30% damage bonus no matter what. It's like we've solved the problem of 20 not equaling 50 by adding 30 to both!
    (2)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Hmmm crit dmg+ caps at +100%, is it possible to hit this cap without the 30% from razed ruins? if so you would have an even bigger problem where certain jobs cap crit dmg anyway and get the extra 30% phys dmg on top of that.
    (0)

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Jar View Post
    I Don't think that this atma is very... how to say it.. "Fair". It supports a small amount of jobs much more than others and if it doesn't help you you're going to be much weaker than the other people around you just because of what this atma does.

I don't think removing it is smart because it is fun to do such awesome damage and that's the point of abyssea, but I vote "Tweaking" it a little would be greatly appreciated.

At this point it adds DEX: Superior(+50), Critical Hit Rate: Superior (+30%), Critical Hit Damage: Major (+30%)

i say to even things up it should be more like DEX: Superior(+50), Critical Hit Rate: Superior (+30%), Physical Damage: Major (+30%)

adding this to make it boost not Critical-hit weaponskilling jobs would be simply amazing.

I know this doesn't fit what you where going with on this atma (OMG CRITICALS BUFFS) but this is would be MUCH MUCH more balanced.
    Really? Out of all the things we can tweek in the game, this is such a non-issue.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    Hmmm crit dmg+ caps at +100%, is it possible to hit this cap without the 30% from razed ruins? if so you would have an even bigger problem where certain jobs cap crit dmg anyway and get the extra 30% phys dmg on top of that.
    I'm fairly certain 200% is the overall Damage Dealt cap, including critical hit damage boosts.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

changing crit hit +30% to Phys. Damage +30% could be too overpowering for it.

You'd more or less still have the same mod to crit. damage in the long run as you would be giving a flat 30% boost to all physical damage. On top of that, you're increasing base physical damage across the board by 30%--so it applies to your non-crit WS as well as your normal hits to build TP.

It could also remove the need for another atma you might be using to increase your base damage, freeing you up to go extend your damage even further or gaining more utility that you otherwise may not be able to do currently.

long story short... don't think it's gonna happen.
    (1)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The atma not the problem SE not adding a decent crit WS to jobs don't have one. Really who going to deny you a spot in a exp party if you don't have one. NMs are not about all out damage. So either way doesn't make one bit of differance.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    I'm fairly certain 200% is the overall Damage Dealt cap, including critical hit damage boosts.

You got a link to some testing?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    You do mean not counting things like Relic/Empyrean/Mythic Aftermath and Set bonuses from things like THF/WAR/etc?

Cause I know i've seen SS of people doing like 6k+ SA's with Set bonus + Aftermath proc which is easily 600% normal.
    (0)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    You do mean not counting things like Relic/Empyrean/Mythic Aftermath and Set bonuses from things like THF/WAR/etc?

Cause I know i've seen SS of people doing like 6k+ SA's with Set bonus + Aftermath proc which is easily 600% normal.
    ive done crits on drk with after math and set proc doing 3500+ thats well over 200% too
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    You got a link to some testing?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Yes, those are all "special" damage boosts and ignore the Damage Dealt cap, just like Sentinel, Fan Dance and Invincible are special damage mitigation and ignore the Damage Taken cap. I shouldn't have said "overall", I just meant from normal direct damage increasing sources. Some like Critical Attack Bonus, Critical Hit Damage, Weapon Skill Damage, etc.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast