Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Saefinn View Post
    I suppose if you're using Icestorm for Mag Att Bonus +10 and have Tupsimati for +30 on corresponding weather it wouldn't be.
    Tupsimati is:
    Same elemental magic as weather: Enmity-20
    The Acc/MAcc/MAB that follow after it aren't weather specific, SE needs to hire better people to word things in this game.
    (Also Hailstorm is +10% damage, not +10MAB)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Geomancy? Or Enhances "Storm" spells effect on a SCH unique piece/set of equipment?
    Enhances "Storm" spells is currently reserved for pushing them up to double weather level.

Otherwise that's probably a better way of dealing with such a thing, depending on how strong the added effect would be, having really strong buffs limited only to Storm recast would be a tad unbalanced; unless they stick it on Tupsimati.
    (0)

Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Tupsimati is:
    Same elemental magic as weather: Enmity-20
    The Acc/MAcc/MAB that follow after it aren't weather specific, SE needs to hire better people to word things in this game.
    I see, ty. It is a rather confusing way of wording it.

(Also Hailstorm is +10% damage, not +10MAB)
    I'm referring to the suggested system where each storm offers a different buff, I listed out how I'd see each storm spell would correlate for the COR/BRD style buffs, I put Hailstorm with MAB. (+10 just came out of nowhere, it'd prolly be a lower stat consider +10 is a lucky Wizard's Roll and as I said in my post, if SCH were to get these it'd need to avoid treading on the toes of other jobs)
    (0)
    Saefinn on Asura
    Main Jobs: Corsair: i117, Scholar: i117, Monk: i117, Summoner: i117

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    The reason I argued for scholars to have a single cast version(targetable) is because I wanted to avoid a fifth bard version. That is a job with AOE party effects(bard, corsair, Summoners, and scholar with accession). I wanted these spells to be quick casted versions. If stronger than gain (7pt or so), think Darkknight absorb spells(with decay). If same level as gain spells then long duration with no decay.

As an aside, I should have also suggested the "drain" version of theses types of spells but used against mobs. Think absorb type spells just without the absorb part. This could include...
    Drain Strength : 20pts or so, ~Int, ~Agility....etc.

This eliminates the whole cap argument. This also eliminates Darkknight from crying about casting absorb spells other than drain and aspire types.

Im wary of adding additional effects to storms since Stormsurge already does this. While cheap(+5pts to stats), its an already established form. Single buffs/debuffs I think would be more in line to the whole "battle master" theme. If you turned these moves to AOE, then you'll have the same issues as with bard. Namely, overwrites and limited durations.
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    The fact that Stormsurge already does it is exactly why I'd like the additional buff added to storm spells. With Phalanx, Enspells, Stoneskin, storms, Animus, and Adloquium, my nightmare is to have yet another cycle spell on SCH. I'd rather take the already lackluster current ones and improve them rather than making up for their lack of utility by having to pile more buffs on. Whether the new buff is a straight benefit of storms or I have to Manifestation + Klimaform II, either is better than 6 additional buffs to cycle.
    (0)
    Last edited by Merton9999; 07-09-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    This is true...even when I merited the Stormsurge I thought to myself, "ONLY +5?". SquareEnix has always been cheap when it comes to stats and recast timers outside of Abyssea.
    (0)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think that a Klimaform II type spell to enhance our storms is a brilliant idea. /praise

Personally, I would prefer the spell to be a white magic spell. Call it Tempestas. This would allow the spell to be aoe'ed with Accession instead of Manifestation. Aside from Klimaform, all of our buffs are Light Arts spells and having to switch to Dark Arts after casting the required storms would be cumbersome and could cost charges.

I would also change the additional effects. The garden variety acc, atk, eva stat boosts have to come in large quantities in order to be useful and they are already covered adequately by two jobs. I would make our buffs more unique, allowing us to work well with COR & BRD, but I would keep the potency on the lower end to keep it from being overpowered. For example:

Fire: WS Damage
    Ice: Magic Attack
    Wind: Weapon Delay
    Earth: -PDT
    Thunder: Crit Damage or Rate
    Water: -MDT
    Light: Cure Potency
    Dark: Not sure. Refresh seems redundant and most jobs would prefer one of the above buffs I think. Enhance absorb type effects (including sambas) or maybe fast cast - This could go a number of different ways.

The Animus spells could use a serious buff as well.
    (3)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    @Sasaraixx
    Good points. I like the idea of a white magic version of Klimaform to boost storms for the reasons you listed. Also, I'm always in favor of SCH have unique abilities, so your bonuses sound better to me than the standard STR/ATT for fire, etc.
    (1)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    @Merton9999
    Thanks! As I said, your and Sotek's initial idea is fantastic. I'm not sure if the bonuses I suggested are broken or not but I really want the SCH buffs to be unique and allow us to work well with other buffing jobs. The idea would be for us to never be redunant in a party when it comes to support.

I think that because SCH is a hybrid job it is going to need small buffs to each of its facets as we head toward lv99. Your idea would really take care of our enhancing role in my eyes. The Animus spells and *maybe* Aldoquium need some work too. That would leave healing and nuking to be addressed. Any thoughts? Or are they fine as they are?

I'm also very disappointed with our AF3 set bonus. I just don't find it particularly useful and in some cases it can be a bother. I would have liked a Conserve Charges kind of ability that would occasionally allow for chargeless strategem uses or perhaps an occasional mag crit when casting nukes of the corresponding weather. Hateless spell of the corresponding weather? There were many other routes this could have gone. It seems even odder given that it looks like RDM is getting a quick magic ability in the next update.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sasaraixx; 07-14-2011 at 03:55 AM.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Klimaform that stacks with Perpetuance! {Yes, Please}
    (0)

Player
    The Animus spells and *maybe* Aldoquium need some work too. That would leave healing and nuking to be addressed. Any thoughts? Or are they fine as they are?
    The Animus spells need a lot of work done to even begin to become respectable spells. Aldoquium needs nothing more than an extra tic added to it to match Corsairs random version. Healing, I stand by giving Scholar (and Red Mage) Cure V minus the reduced enmity bonus. Nuking we're pretty much fine, Helices could possibly do with a small buff or second tier (which would have happened by now, unless we're getting them as merits in which case that's all we're getting as merits so boo) and thus I'm obliged to mention that Modus Veritus is still broken, SE.

I'm also very disappointed with our AF3 set bonus. I just don't find it particularly useful and in some cases it can be a bother. I would have liked a Conserve Charges kind of ability that would occasionally allow for chargeless strategem uses or perhaps an occasional mag crit when casting nukes of the corresponding weather. Hateless spell of the corresponding weather? There were many other routes this could have gone. It seems even odder given that it looks like RDM is getting a quick magic ability in the next update.
    Really? It's effectively Double-Cast since MP isn't an issue for Scholar, that's great for nuking and healing. Even if you have an issue such as not having gear equipped in time due to it, who cares? It's a free spell effectively.
    I wouldn't really complain at Red Mage getting a Quick Magic ability (don't they already have one called Chainspell?), at least SE weren't as unoriginal as they were with Dark Knights, Beastmasters, Dragoons and Puppet Masters, who all got effectively the same Set: enhancement. Though I must say I'd have much rather have had it actually enhance Grimoire, rather than just being a mini-Chainspell (maybe SE figured we needed it to go along with our TP-Refresh spell, mini-Convert ability and mini-Composure Stratagem). Since Quick Magic is effectively just Alacrity/Celerity on steroids I figured it would be nice for it to do something similar for all the basic Stratagems (not at the same time of course), but I imagine that would be far to complex to pull off, not to mention a random buffed up Manifestation effect would probably be more trouble than it's worth; +100% damage/cure potency and Minifont would be nice though.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast