Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fealty

Quote Originally Posted by Anethia View Post
    Bio and sleep are both dark element based, yet one is classified dark magic skill (bio), the other is classified enfeebling (sleep). Granted I was wrong about poison and dispel being classified dark magic as well as mistakenly classifying others as enfeebling, but their element base has nothing to do with magic class. For example stun is lightening based but classified dark magic, bind is ice based but classified as enfeebling.
    I know that. I was pointing out your mistake. Dispel is "Dark" element, Enfeebling magic. I guess I can see where someone might mix that up.

I just wasn't sure how in the heck you mistook Poison for "Dark" magic, considering it's both water based and Enfeebling and has absolutely nothing to do with "Dark". Thus the emphasis.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I know that. I was pointing out your mistake. Dispel is "Dark" element, Enfeebling magic. I guess I can see where someone might mix that up.

I just wasn't sure how in the heck you mistook Poison for "Dark" magic, considering it's both water based and Enfeebling and has absolutely nothing to do with "Dark". Thus the emphasis.
    It was my mistake base on similar effects. And I couldn't remember if they over wrote or not. Most of my forum surfing takes place at work when I'm bored and don't usually look up all the info, gets me in trouble occasionally.

Anyway I would like to reiterate my previous statement. "Grants powerful resistance" doesn't mean you are immune to enfeebling magic. It increases the chance the chance of a 100% resist, but it most likely effects the duration when the spell lands. Using poison as an example: a T1 poison can last up to 30 seconds unresisted. If it's resisted though it either doesn't land at all or it has a shorter duration.
    (0)
    Last edited by Anethia; 10-21-2011 at 02:21 AM.

Dispel has no duration though. Unless it increases the resistance to dispel, but the only claims here are for dispel still landing. Should give immunity to dispel if nothing else.

When doing Ultima in limbus, all buffs were removed, every time, even with fealty up. >.>
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Dispel has no duration though. Unless it increases the resistance to dispel, but the only claims here are for dispel still landing. Should give immunity to dispel if nothing else.

When doing Ultima in limbus, all buffs were removed, every time, even with fealty up. >.>
    You are correct, dispel has no duration, it either lands or it doesn't. But it's a unique mechanic in that most enfeebles effect the character in DoT ways (Poison: DoT effect) or by effecting fighting ability (bind, paralyze etc) vs dispels instant effect. Dispel is a "debuff" in the truest sense of the word since it only works if enhancements are in place. So in truth you are either immune or you're not. And in things like limbus you have to understand that those mobs were designed with lvl 75 alliance fights in mind so their enfeebling skills are already equivalent to a lvl 85-95 player character with capped base skill, so their enfeebles will almost always land whether fealty is used or not.
    (0)

It's pretty simple.

Fealty increases resistance to Enfeebling status effects.

Dispel is not a status effect.

Bam.
    (0)

Character
    Lancil
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    This is at no means an attempt to troll, but long ago I heard that plds could use Fealty to reduce the damage of meteor.
    (0)

Character
    Vadai
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    It's pretty simple.

Fealty increases resistance to Enfeebling status effects.

Dispel is not a status effect.

Bam.
    Am I missing something, or did you just forget Poison being an Enfeebling status effect as well?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Vadai View Post
    Am I missing something, or did you just forget Poison being an Enfeebling status effect as well?
    Poison seems to be the one exception to the rule, which the OP was asking about. That doesn't mean the rule changed, or that there's some convoluted bullcrap about dark magic or instant effects, just that there is a very simple rule and an exception which we don't entirely understand.
    (0)

Character
    Vadai
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    How about "damaging" enfeebles, just like Dia is? I can't remember whether I resist Poison sometimes or not, but would be an idea to start with, that any enfeeble that puts a DoT on you can't be resisted with Fealty~?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Vadai View Post
    How about "damaging" enfeebles, just like Dia is? I can't remember whether I resist Poison sometimes or not, but would be an idea to start with, that any enfeeble that puts a DoT on you can't be resisted with Fealty~?
    That would be interesting, but are there any other damaging enfeebles aside from Poison and Dia? Dia could simply be explained away due to it being essentially un-resistable if it came down to it, so it's not the best example.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast