Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Swords View Post
    And with all that AGI gear in mind, it shouldn't even be a challenge to cap your ranged crit. rate [...] out of Abyssea.
    Weak mobs at 75 had around 60-70 AGI. You needed around 110-120 DEX to cap crit rate. It's pretty fair to assume mobs you'd be fighting at level 90 (Lv. 95-100ish) would have 80-90 AGI (This is a number that most people use when theory crafting). That would mean you would need 130-140AGI to cap crit rate. In a standard Good ranger TP set, that doesn't use either Skote or AF3 feet, you're looking at around 100-110 AGI. You can get that to 130-140ish with pieces like Skotes, AF3 feet, scout's belt, etc, but you're statement of "it shouldn't even be a challenge" is wrong. Obtaining the gear is not a challenge, deciding to use pure AGI gear (Af3 feet and skote for example) over better damage gear (Blood Fng. Gnt/AF3 hands depending, and Relic Feet +1) is a challenge.
    You, like so many other posters who don't actually look into ger sets and stats enough, would do well to shut up and stop posting false infomation without even a hint of research.

The argument of "There's a lot of AGI on rng gear so it probably affects crit rate" is very weak. There's a lot of Vit on drg gear, even AF3, yet Vit is only useful for Jump (Not High Jump, Super Jump, spirit Jump or Soul Jump... just Jump). As mentioned, Dnc has a lot of gear with chr. Because Chr is useful for healing. Thf has gear with Chr, because of dancing edge. Drk has gear with int and mnd, mnd because it's a mod on guillotine and int because of their elemental magic. Ranger has a lot of AGI gear. All RNG WSs except Jishnu's have AGI mods. AGI increases Racc. These two are reason enough to put AGI on a lot of RNG gear. It's not reason enough to argue that AGI affects crit rate for ranged attacks.
    Furthermore, you say "Rng gear has lots of agi but little dex". That is not accurate either. Yes, artifact, relic and empyrean maybe, however most of ranger's other gear is shared by other light armor jobs like cor, thf, dnc, etc and generally has a good amount of dex on too. Aurore, Skadi, Denali, etc.

It really is a simple test to do. Go out for a merit alliance in abyssea. Fight a decent number of monsters with an atma which has neither crit rate, dex or agi on. Fight the same amount of monsters with atma of the kirin (agi+) then fight same again with a high dex atma (omnipotent). Parse resullts. It should be fairly obvious as one should raise your crit rate by at least 10%. Fight strong enough (IT dom op) monsters so that cruor buffs alone aren't enough to cap dDex (or dAGI, whichever it turns out to be).

The only reasonable argument so far for AGI affecting ranged crit rate is "It;s more logical". To that Iw ould reply "Hi, are you new to FFXI? Are you new to SquareEnix?" Logic means jack diddly. This is SE we're talking about.

You may have done a test but if you can't provide data then it is meaningless. I could come and say "I've done thousands of tests with CHR and enmity increase and decrease and noticed that CHR does affect enmity." But if i dont have proof to back pup these claims then they are completely worthless.
    (1)
    Last edited by noodles355; 07-13-2011 at 08:28 PM.

Note: I am not saying, nor have ever said "No, that's wrong, ranged crit rate is determined by dex". There is as much proof that it's affected by dex as there is that it's affected by agi: none. No tests with reported data. Untill someone is able to prove it one way or the other, I will be contesting any claims that it is one or the other because "it makes more sense".

People should never state opnions as fact. "There's a lot of AGI on rng gear so it's probably affected by agi" is an opinion and really means "There's a lot of agi gear, so I think it's probably affected by agi." This is reasonable idea, but no where near enough to make a sound conclusion.
    (1)

I think what he was going for was AGI isn't that hard to find if you are trying to cap crit rate.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    I don't think anyone assumes 80-90 AGI for xp levels mobs at 90, but please, continue making numbers up.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rearden View Post
    I don't think anyone assumes 80-90 AGI for xp levels mobs at 90, but please, continue making numbers up.
    What are the real numbers then?
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Catsby View Post
    I think what he was going for was AGI isn't that hard to find if you are trying to cap crit rate.
    And as I just said, that's irrleevant. That it's easier to get AGI gear does not mean AGI affects crit rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rearden View Post
    Concidering a Lv82 colibri has 67 AGI (proven), a job combo that also has 67 AGI at lv82 should have (by mapping the stat increases per level so far) somewhere a bit over 80 AGI at Lv100 and that Colibri are Red Mage which have naturally low AGI, I would say it's pretty fair to assume somewhere around 80-90 AGI for an IT exp mob. But please, continue to debunk the idea without putting any sort of useful thought into it at all. it's pro.
    (1)
    Last edited by noodles355; 07-21-2011 at 05:39 PM.

Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quoting 67AGI on Colibri to those of us who geared for that as the standard for three years is kind of silly, hence my original post anyway.

Assumed number for XP mobs is 93 AGI, NM's in the 97-100 range.

Assumptions for 95-99cap put NM's at 105-110AGI which is going to make our dDEX builds difficult to maintain under current gear sets unless new stuff becomes available or augments/crit+ gear is also added to supplement this.

Questions.
    (0)

Interesting to see you think it's higher than 80-90. Your first reply suggested to me that you thought it would be lower, and that my argument was wrong. Being evern higher only further strengthens my point.
    To be honest when ever I'm trying to prove a silly statement (such as you should easilly cap crit rate from [AGI or DEX, whichever it is] outside abyssea) I'm always conservative and give the benefit of the doubt, so that there's no room for them to shout that I'm being bias against them.

If people are finding XP mobs to be somewhere around 90-95, then capping dDex (or dAGI, whichever it is) outside abyssea will be even harder, needing 140-145 (And a normal TP set having around 110AGI)
    (0)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6