Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    How can you call learning which stat affects crit rate not really important?
    (0)

Because RNG has more serious problems than critical hit rate.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Catsby View Post
    Because RNG has more serious problems than critical hit rate.
    I concur, its not difficult to crit with ranged attacks as it is anyways. Id rather they rework the damage calculation formula to at least make our 140+ DMG attacks do more damage than DDs with 130 DMG weapons in the optimal conditions.
    (0)

Ranger has more problems so finding out the correct stat to boost the rate of a very significant stat (with the addition of Dead Aim and Jishnu's) is still not very important?

Or: Problem A is bigger than problem B, so problem B is "not very important".

That's nice logic, I like it. Hey, curing cancer is more important than curbing third world famine and povety. Therefor curing third world famine and poverty is "not very important".

Increasing haste is more important than increasing Double Attack/Triple Attack. Therefor increasing Double and Triple Attack is not very important.

Atma plays a bigger role to your damage than weaponskill sets. Therefor having a weaponskill set is not very important.

Need me to go on?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Ranger has more problems so finding out the correct stat to boost the rate of a very significant stat (with the addition of Dead Aim and Jishnu's) is still not very important?

Or: Problem A is bigger than problem B, so problem B is "not very important".

That's nice logic, I like it. Hey, curing cancer is more important than curbing third world famine and povety. Therefor curing third world famine and poverty is "not very important".

Increasing haste is more important than increasing Double Attack/Triple Attack. Therefor increasing Double and Triple Attack is not very important.

Atma plays a bigger role to your damage than weaponskill sets. Therefor having a weaponskill set is not very important.

Need me to go on?
    I've honestly given up trying to talk to most people in this thread. Apart from not recording their "thousands" of samples, I'm surprised some people in this thread can remember to hit enter after every post.
    (0)

You guys just want to be angry and to point out flaws. Nobody gave a damn back when I first said I thought I found something now you're pissed that I don't care anymore (but to be honest I didn't care back then either). No I don't have the Kparser logs anymore but guess what? I'm not writing a research paper about critical hit rate and you guys aren't the review board you seem to think you are. If you want to prove you are more neckbearded than I am then go do some testing of your own. Just don't forget to record your results or I'll straw man you into submission ~.^
    (1)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

I can't believe your having difficulty getting critical hits to even try such a sarcastic argument with me. From everything I've seen you post, I doubt you would be satisfied even IF catsby had posted her results. If the argument is that significant to determine if DEX or AGI effects critical hit rate, go test it for yourself. DEX and AGI gear is nowhere near in short supply for RNG shouldn't be hard at all to hit the 20% modifier cap.
    (0)
    Last edited by Swords; 07-12-2011 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swords View Post
    I can't believe your having difficulty getting critical hits to even try such a sarcastic argument with me.
    Where did I say that?

The fact you don't care which stat boosts critical hit rate is stupid. For example, if AGI boosts crit rate then pieces like Seiryu's Kote and Hachiryu Sune-Ate suddenly become potentially worthwhile. If DEX boosts crit rate, Hachiryu Kote and Byakko's Haiadate could become worthwhile. Outside abyssea you will not have capped crit rate. Melees needed something like 125 dex to cap crit rate on colibri (which have low AGI) at 75, just for refference.
    (0)

Where did I say that?

The fact you don't care which stat boosts critical hit rate is stupid. For example, if AGI boosts crit rate then pieces like Seiryu's Kote and Hachiryu Sune-Ate suddenly become potentially worthwhile. If DEX boosts crit rate, Hachiryu Kote and Byakko's Haiadate could become worthwhile. Outside abyssea you will not have capped crit rate. Melees needed something like 125 dex to cap crit rate on colibri (which have low AGI) at 75, just for refference.
    This so much.

Not to mention Catsby thinks he/she is the most trustful person in the world. Please tell me, if i said that BRD debuffs also factored in INT as MACC and I had revealed that I had performed thousands of samples of tests to prove my hypothesis, but failed to save them, would you really find that credible? After all we've ever known about BRD songs only being influenced by CHR and skill+ that I bring up a ridiculous claim that BRD MACC is determined by two stats and when asked to present my information my response is basically, "NO U." That's what you're doing now. You've lost (any) credibility you had when you decided to act like a child.
    (0)

Where did I say that?

Would you sacrifice all your R.Atk/R.Acc/AGI mod gear and kill your damage output just to push out an extra few% on your critical hit rate through DEX?

AGI is tacked onto nearly every piece of RNG gear out there, DEX nowhere near as much. SE has obviously been trying to push RNG's damage through critical hits via AF3 and the new Dead Aim trait. However, I think it would had made much more sense to build RNG around DEX or DEX/AGI setups instead of almost purely AGI if SE had intended DEX to be the determining factor for ranged crits. The only exception to this is the DEX mod for Jishnu's Radiance, but if you take a look at all the other Emp Weapons, there is about 4 or 5 other Emp WS's that have mods that make little sense.
    (0)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast