Hybrid View

Like button stopped working in MSIE8, had to close and flush cache to get it working

not so much a website bug, but probably something with the brower or Windows in general. Just thought I'd post it here in case some other people run into it...hopefully they will see this and won't have to post a bug report.

Details:
    Was posting "Likes" yesterday and this morning from the laptop just fine. Woke up the laptop from hibernation and went to like some more posts this evening and it was redirecting me to the top level of the forums. I was still able to create new posts just fine, as far as I could tell all other functions worked fine, just not like/unlike for some reason.

Steps:
    1. Shutdown browser and all applictions so I was at desktop
    2. Right-click Internet Explorer shortcut and went to Properties, clicked the "Delete" button under Browsing History on the General tab.
    3. Made sure checkboxes were set to clearTemporary Internet files and click the "Delete" button.
    NOTE: I don't clear cookies, as I have another tool for that, and I check the boxes to preserve Favorites Website Data and to clear InPrivate Data--I don't put checks to clear Forms Data, Password, or History. Double check these options if their is stuff you may want to keep.
    4. Opened fresh browser and was able to like/unlike posts again.

Date & Time: 06/21/11, @ 20:30 Eastern
    Operating System: Windows XP Pro, SP3
    Browser: MSIE 8, ver. 8.0.6001.18702

Edit:
    NOTE: some may not have the old-style IE shortcut on the desktop to get to the IE properties and instead get the properties for a normal shortcut and not for IE. If this is the case, you will need to open IE and press <ALT>-T to cause a Tools menu to drop down. Then you can either press the letter O (for Internet Options) or scroll down that list and select "Internet Options" to get to the properties page.
    (0)
    Last edited by RAIST; 06-22-2011 at 10:44 AM.
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.