Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Keysersoze
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Red Mage Gear from 30 to AF

Any suggestions? I've recently picked up playing RDM, and I don't plan on being a keywhore so any insight from RDM's who have taken this route would be much appreciated.

Right now I'm still in Baron's gear, except for my hands are these (Should just have to mouse over the link to see it)

Also I managed to fish up a Flat Shield surprisingly easy

I plan on solo'ing some of this range, if not most, just in case that changes opinions. Ideally I'd like to have a set of things for party play and one for solo play.
    (0)
    Last edited by Wint; 03-09-2011 at 09:16 PM.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.

Character
    Rivicus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Well, Considering whether your petting or not you may want to consider a more melee setup ether way I'm assuming you have nin leveled, if not, consider leveling it.

Obviously, due to being solo, your going to want gear with a decent def rating i.e. not mage gear, at least for the main pieces, rdm doesn't get many WSes low level, best we get is fast blade, focus primarily on int and macro in mnd for slow and paralyze, int will help your enspells macc, as well as nukes if petting.

Personally, This: http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/203786, was my main setup at level 30.

at 40-41 Using Fencing Dagen and Buzzard Tuck if single weilding use tuck only for longer and more potent enspell dmg.

at get Crimson Baldes, these will be your best Nuking piece till 51 as well as your best melee piece till 55
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yeah, if you're just FoVing and munching through EPs, your actual melee gear won't have too many options. Centurions Swords will be the best option at 30, and hold you over to the Buzzard Tuck. At 40 you can put on things like ACC rings and Tilt Belt, but if you're going for EPs anyway, the ACC won't be needed as much. Other gear in the 40s worth looking into would be a Brigandine, Valk Mask, and eventually a Life Belt. I think there's an ATK cape at 48 or so, but it's still a meager boost.

If I'm recalling my level 30 cap gear back when that was around for CoP, I used something like... Cent Helm/Body, Battle Gloves, Merc. Cpt. Belt, Leaping Boots, Bone Earring +1s, RSE legs (variable per race, obviously), Rajas/Dex Rings, Spike Necklace, and I'm forgetting the back piece, but most are just DEF at that level.

If /BST is available, you can FoV in Qufim, using crabs and pugs against the same until you're 32/33 for leeches, which will plow through the same. With Stoneskin, Phalanx, and FoV Refresh, you'll also be individually rather durable to the point where taking on 2 mobs at once wouldn't be out of the question. Prior to the EXP adjustments, I could manage 7k/hr here with rings. Nowadays, I'd wager 12k+/hr possible depending on how willing you are to run back and forth to the books. It won't be until 41 that you start seeing crabs who spawn TW.
    (0)
    Last edited by Seriha; 03-10-2011 at 12:45 AM.

Character
    Keysersoze
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    This is awesome advice, thanks a lot folks. Does anyone have a handy link to what stat increases what spell? For example, you said to focus on INT (which I assume is to help with nukes) and switch in MND to land Slow and Paralyze. How do you know which of these stats affect which spells?
    (0)
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.

Character
    Keysersoze
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Oh and I do have NIN leveled to 25, so I will have to put some work in on it at 50 RDM but for now it should be sufficient so I'll focus on the dual wielding setups.
    (0)

Character
    Nahal
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Wint View Post
    This is awesome advice, thanks a lot folks. Does anyone have a handy link to what stat increases what spell? For example, you said to focus on INT (which I assume is to help with nukes) and switch in MND to land Slow and Paralyze. How do you know which of these stats affect which spells?
    all white magic enfeebs are mind based to a greater or lesser extent all black magic are int
    (0)
    Me ----> FF14, "I am dissapoint."
    BLM RDM BRD WHM BLU 90
    WAR DNC SCH NIN 50

Character
    Keysersoze
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahal View Post
    all white magic enfeebs are mind based to a greater or lesser extent all black magic are int
    Easy enough, thanks!
    (0)

Character
    Nepharite
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    If your doing solo play, you may want to consider /dnc over /nin.

Also I hope you don't plan on full timing the whole AF set.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nepharite; 03-13-2011 at 12:48 PM.

personally, i'm a fan of /blu for low-mid lvl soling. /nin doesn't really come into it's own until you get utsusemi:ni and/or the higher tiers of fast cast.

cocoon+phalanx+stoneskin makes you very hard to kill, and /blu will give access to vorpal blade, wich is the best sword ws til CdC or sanguine blade (both above 75 for rdm)

learning spells can be a pain, but i really believe that you're better off subbing blu in the early/mid game.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    You're lucky, there is good RDM equipment until 50+ then it goes to all INT or MND and no attack gear whatsoever.

I also agree with the poster above /blu is a good subjob to have.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast