Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Realistic Job adjustments wants!

I'd like to see WHM's to get an ability to restore MP. I know SE have implimented the idea of the Orison Pantaloons +2 to cut 5% of MP to amount that has been cured. But with subs like BLM, WHM is getting aspir only.

I'd also like to see an increase of "Divine Viel" effect on the Orison Cap +2, it goes of 1 in 50 spells for me, not good enough, or "Esuna" to have a shortened spell-cast without having to use Afflitus Misery.

Well it all comes down to what people want! So keep em' posted

Thanks

Shaj
    (0)

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Just in my opinion, Esuna isn't worth using without Misery simply for the benefit of widening the ailments you can erase with the spell.

I'd like to see the ability to use spells like Erase and such on alliance members.
    (1)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    AF3 +1 Head has ~10% chance of the Divine Veil effect.
    +2 is probably slightly more.
    Any more than this would take away from the benefits of making a Yagrush.

Esuna could use less of a cast time in general, and less recast, but it's not a huge deal.

As far as MP goes, WHM isn't really needing help there.
    We have plenty of random Refresh gear available, as well as simply using /SCH or /RDM, which is the norm anyway.
    (0)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Character
    Ariane
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    For /BLM, the main two things I use out are Stun and Warp II... and so don't use this as a subjob most of the time myself. It really is very situational.

Speaking for myself, while a restore MP ability could be useful, I don't personally see it as being necessary. Capped Cure Potency and the ability to spam lower tier, high HP return cures helps conserve MP. If you use /SCH there is the option to use sublimation (and can potentially get an occaisional decent Aspir if you chose to fire off Dark Arts) as well as MP conservation inherent in using Light Arts. If you use /RDM you have Refresh and Convert.

In certain tank party situations, where there may be two White Mages, we can generally Devotion each other too. Another tip - I tend to keep a Vile Elixir on me just in case I need a rapid MP restore outside of Abbysea fights. Inside Abyssea, between the Martellos and Refresh Atmas it is non-issue in most cases. And hopefully you are also able to be in a party with some form of support job (BRD/COR/SMN/RDM or even BLU) along providing another source of Refresh too.

All of the above points are behind my opinion that a restore MP ability is not needed on WHM.

Moving on to the second item - in my own experience the Divine Veil Proc rate, while low, seems to be better than 1 in 50. I should do some testing sometime and do the math. I do agree it would be nice if this could be enhanced somewhat more though.

About the third point - Aflatus Misery > Esuna rocks for the wide variety of status removals over Solace > Esuna. With enough haste (gear and magic) as well as using /SCH for Light Arts cast & recast reduction time and the opportunity to use Celerity occasionally, it really lets you cast Esuna very fast and very frequently. You probably have already done so, but if you haven't already looked into using WHM/SCH it can really make a huge difference in overall WHM performance for things like this.

On my own "wish list" - I would wish that more things like Raise for instance, could be used with Accession to quickly recover a wiped alliance. But that is more of a dream than a serious need.
    (0)

As far as spells go my wish list: Holy II, Banishga III, Banish IV, Silencega, Paralyga, Hastega and perhaps a raise in the cap for enfeebling magic. All these base spells WHM gets early on and with the exceptions of Banish and Banishga there are no higher tiers. RDM's do not get a Silence II even. Silence, Haste and Paralyze can be augmented with /SCH to get the -ga effect, but it would be nice if it could be done without having to choose one sub over another.
    (0)
    90 WHM, RDM
    85 WAR

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Simian View Post
    As far as spells go my wish list: Holy II, Banishga III, Banish IV, Silencega, Paralyga, Hastega and perhaps a raise in the cap for enfeebling magic. All these base spells WHM gets early on and with the exceptions of Banish and Banishga there are no higher tiers. RDM's do not get a Silence II even. Silence, Haste and Paralyze can be augmented with /SCH to get the -ga effect, but it would be nice if it could be done without having to choose one sub over another.
    Surely those Enfeeble'ga would belong to RDM, not WHM.

PS. SCH can't do Accession + Haste

I would like Haste II though, even if it's only 20% instead of 15%.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Surely those Enfeeble'ga would belong to RDM, not WHM.

PS. SCH can't do Accession + Haste

I would like Haste II though, even if it's only 20% instead of 15%.
    Actually...RDM only has one -ga spell and that is Diaga. -ga spells are the purview of WHM's and BLM's and the specific enfeebling spells I mentioned are received by WHM before RDM or at the same time.
    (0)
    90 WHM, RDM
    85 WAR

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    Can we just simply make healing magic a little more important in terms of how it affects the cure formula?
    (1)

I'd agree with the enfeeble'ga for rdm. I'd just like to have haste and enfeebles able to be affected by Accession for whm/sch.
    (0)
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaj View Post
    It goes of 1 in 50 spells for me, not good enough
    Get a Yagrush.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast