Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Fetus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 57
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    The "Boost-STAT" series are hardly ever used, considering their limited usefulness.
    Boost-AGI+Auspice is hardly useless. It's used quite often, especially in low-man situations where the goal is to avoid feeding too much TP to mobs. If you're not seeing big gains from your Boost spells, try capping and meriting your Enhancing Magic skill, use /SCH for Light Arts and stack as much +Enhancing Magic skill equipment you can get. You do know that Boost-STR, DEX and INT are coming, too, right? While not particularly useful inside of Abyssea, the Boost spells are still useful anywhere else.

They shouldn't stop at just boosting the generic stat-line, though. They should add Boost spell that increase accuracy, attack, evasion or whatever.

What really sucks is only being able to use one Boost spell at a time. Being able to use two at a time would be so much nicer.

I do agree that the Bar-status spells are still pathetically unreliable. I try to be a decent WHM, but there's just no point using them, even with capped Enhancing Magic skill.

Haste II or, better yet, Hastega would be a God-send.

Replace Shield Defense Bonus with something useful. Another tier of Magic Defense Bonus, I don't care.

Make Afflatus Misery on par with Afflatus Solace. Afflatus Misery should be able to "store" damage taken for more than one hit, as it currently does... which is totally lame, by the way. Cura III could be added without breaking the game and, if potent enough, could make taking the damage worth the payoff.

Could add Bardarkra/Barlightra? They don't seem game-breaking but it just seems odd that WHM hasn't already been given access to these spells. A different kind of bar-spell that occasionally absorbs magic damage of a particular element would be neat, I guess.

I'm all for adding abilities or traits that would enhance WHM melee potential! Just some ideas off of the top of my head.
    (0)
    Last edited by Fetus; 03-10-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Player
    Hastega and a FULL set of Light Element nukes (Banish 1-5, Holyja, etc) changes to protect 5 merits that make them worth having.
    That's about it for my WHM wishlist.
    (0)

Character
    Syrs
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I think it would be interesting if they gave WHM the ability to remove weakness from someone. I imagine it would have a long cool down time... or cost a ton of MP, but it might be nice.
    (1)

Character
    Valkrist
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 4
    Both Auspice and Boost- spells should be kept up 100% of the time if the WHM can afford the MP and the risk of running into melee. The Subtle Blow effects from Auspice and Boost-AGI are mind blowing. People are always fighting for 1 more point of stat to be squeezed out. A WHM can give 7~ if they're not lazy. SCH's merit Stormsurge just to gain the same effect. Whether or not a SCH will give you a Storm is a different matter entirely.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by whmsyrup View Post
    I think it would be interesting if they gave WHM the ability to remove weakness from someone. I imagine it would have a long cool down time... or cost a ton of MP, but it might be nice.
    Well it exists in the past: Reviviscence, they should give it to WHM as a Job Ability maybe 10 minutes recast and can be reduced to 8 minutes with the new merit system at 99.
    (0)

Character
    Lukielucas
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    We was talking about having a R4 with a weakened state timer reduced to half, that would be nice but again it would mean pressure on WHM's to only use R4 and being an experienced WHM pre-abyssea, R3 was the must have and some people still ask for R3 only now which is lame condiser how easy it is to replace the exp now-a-days....
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    I still /blm due to doing alot of low man stuff without a Rdm, sch, blm, Brd, or cor. So I'm mostly crowd control when I'm not doing 50 other things plus most of the time I do /sch a Rdm goes and refreshes me anyways. :/ I would definitely love to have barlightra and bardarkra and was surprised to not see them added when pld and drk got their En-spell equals. I would also love Banish IV, V Banishga III, Holy II and for them to make it so that you don't have to have healed a butt load just for the spell to do decent damage like you seemingly have to do with Holy. Also would love Reposega and Repose II. Anyone who's done enough dyna-tavy knows how hard at times it is to dark base sleep the hydra corps members. Yes, sleep things during dynamis alot semi due to low blm and Rdms in my shell and they at times being busy doing other things when things wake back up.
    (0)

Player
    I really like to see banish IV AND V. I very upset that we didn't get IV during the 76 to 80 time. Heck, I was calling for us to get it at 75. The levels match up and I don't see how it be unbalanced since banishes never stack up to their black magic counter-parts.
    (0)

You and I would be great friends. You know my whm heart.
    (0)
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

I'd agree with the enfeeble'ga for rdm. I'd just like to have haste and enfeebles able to be affected by Accession for whm/sch.
    (0)
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast