Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5

*please* don't use Click and Buy for managing credit card payments with FFXI SE

Please, please, PLEASE don't do this. Click and Buy is a horrible service. You're already using Paypal for crysta, why not just use them for direct credit card payments as well?
    (6)

Character
    Ebojager
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 86
    I agree, I was just posting the question in relation to the account transfer info. and saw yours. I also dont want to use Click and Buy and the signs look like thats were they're headed with the POL account transfer I hope there is going to be another way. Im not that familiar with crysta. So I can use paypal to buy crysta and then use crystal to pay my subscription?
    (0)

Character
    Ilisidi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm not interested in dealing with a Third Party to play Final Fantasy XI. To me it looks like SE is trying to ditch payment support, because afterwards if something with your payment goes wrong they can just tell you that you have to go to Paypal or Click and Buy.

My package of FFXI like the one for FFXIV states the pay options, credit card and other things among them. So I'm not given the payment options on the package, because paying SE with Click and Buy is not paying SE with credit card.

And Crysta cards aren't an option either, because I don't think SE is big enough that local stores would carry it, online shopping has the danger of them getting lost to postal services and Crysta Cards probably will not match exact Crysta amounts needed to pay for account, leaving SE with lots of extra small pennies unusable to the user at the time.
    (1)

I also hope I won't need to change my creditcard details. I would like to avoid as many third parties as I can.
    (0)

Character
    Neika
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    If I can't just use my credit card to pay for FFXI, I won't be playing anymore. I don't know anything about Click and Buy, or Crysta, so I don't trust them, and I won't use them. I'm pretty sure there other people out there that feel the same way as well.

Just looked up the info about the transfer on the playonline website and followed the link, and it says that credit cards will still be able to be used to pay for FFXI, so we should be good.
    (2)
    Last edited by Neika; 06-21-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Not necessarily. Click and play lets you pay with credit cards as well.
    (0)

Character
    Ilisidi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    But I don't want to pay Click and Buy with credit card, and I don't want to pay SE with Click and Buy, I want to pay SE with credit card.

As it stands now, if there's a problem with payment, I contact SE and they have to sort it out. After this change I have to contact the third party company Click and Buy. And my research into them leads me to the conclusion, that they are shady and I don't want to deal with them.
    (0)

Character
    Neika
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Taken from the announcement from SE:

* Payment Methods
    Square Enix Crysta (http://www.square-enix.com/na/account/crysta/), debit cards, and credit cards will be viable payment methods after ID transfer. Debit and credit cards must support personal authentication services (such as 3D Secure) in order to be used.

To me this doesn't sound like we will need a third party like click and buy to be able to use our credit cards.
    (3)

Character
    Antanias
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neika View Post
    Taken from the announcement from SE:

* Payment Methods
    Square Enix Crysta (http://www.square-enix.com/na/account/crysta/), debit cards, and credit cards will be viable payment methods after ID transfer. Debit and credit cards must support personal authentication services (such as 3D Secure) in order to be used.

To me this doesn't sound like we will need a third party like click and buy to be able to use our credit cards.
    <--hands Neika some cookies

I personally don't like the ClickAndBuy bs myself, half the time it doesn't even wanna work
    (0)
    "Tonight on the Vana'diel Report, a poor innocent player lost a valuable 10-15 seconds of their lives by reading Antanias's signature."

Character
    Ilisidi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yeah, by "debit cards, and credit cards will be viable payment methods after ID transfer" they mean, of course you can use them to pay Click and Buy, who'll then pay us, so of course that's totally like paying us with credit card and co.

Just look at FFXIV's payment options to see howit works, payment via third party only.
    (0)