Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Basically, im reading "wahhh i was to dumb to figure it out and use my brain!"
    (3)

I have yet to get it to trip up and give me 0 time on a stone. Tested it again, got 120 minutes and burned down 30, leaving me 90 and got a TE. Went back to surveyor.... and it wouldn't allow me to use a stone.
    If it's not going to give at least 50% of its value in time, what's the point of using a traverser stone?
    Have you even read the posts in this thread? Several have given a very valid reason to use a partial stone.

As for it not being clearly defined.....what is so hard to understand about you are restricted to requesting up to your first 120 minutes time? Granted, the initial explanation from SE ON THE DAY OF RELEASE ROUGHLY ONE YEAR AGO (6/22/2010) didn't fully explain how you could potentially trash a stone, but they did say you were capped at 120 minutes--there have been many sites giving better details that more accurately explain it. It has been explained also in countless posts on all the FFXI forums. People who have been doing this for a while understand it and will explain it. We regularly talk about int in our LS because of new people coming in that ask about how to do abyssea, so we explain it to them. Told someone about the time restrictions just last night in fact--because he asked if he could go back and add time.

And this isn't the first time this type of system has been implemented. It's NOTHING NEW. I have only done limbus TWICE, and NEVER done Dynamis...and I have a general grasp of how time works in both of those systems (which is likely what led to how this was set up--find it interesting there is a 120 minute limit here also). But, if I remember right, Dynamis starts with 60 minutes and has a HARD CAP of 120 minutes. At least with this system, you are allowed to go PAST 120 minutes with chests.

Some people don't like the rules. Fine. That's their perogative. But to jump up and down and treat it like it is bugged isn't right, and should be corrected when someone tries to report it as a bug (this post tried to do that). I don't think it's even right to say it is flawed because you can loose time if you use one that puts you past 120 minutes. We were told up front from day one that we have a 120 minute cap--meaning you can't request any time past that 120 minutes. We were also told from day one that an alternative method existed for extending past that first 120 minutes--meaning you can't use your stones to go past 120 minutes, you have to EARN that extra time.

Sufficient notice of the rules and the penalties that may be incurred was given. Ignorance of the rules does not exempt someone from those rules. Suffering a penalty for going against those rules doesn't necessarliy mean the rules are wrong. Now that you have been duly informed of the rules, restrictions, and potential penalties--spend your stones at your own risk.
    (1)
    Last edited by RAIST; 06-21-2011 at 03:27 AM.
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    Ok, but when I'm giving the person a stone for extended time, they should accurately tell me how much time I'm getting from it. Instead of "120 min." *** happens, I'm not complaining about that. But you have to be *** retarded to tell me that it's OK for the game NOT to tell me how much time I'm really getting from the stone, much later down the line.

Ok *** these forums... I'm sick and tired of being treated like I'm some kind of *** child. It's like you guys don't comprehend what I'm saying. Maybe y'all are the *** childs, not me. I KNOW I have a 120 minute cap from stones. I KNOW THAT. But the "extend time" option is so *** ambiguous and doesn't even accurately tell me anything useful. That's my problem with the function now. Removal? No need, but better portrayal of what I'm getting from my stones: {Yes, please.}

I may not like the rules whole-heartedly but I'll respect them and abide by them graciously, WHEN the game correctly tells me what the *** is going on when I'm "extending time." I should not have to direct myself to a separate webpage explaining the option in depth. The NPC should simply tell me how much *** time I'm getting from my *** stone.

I don't care if it's working as intended it's still flawed and needs an adjustment.
    (0)
    Last edited by Emdub; 06-21-2011 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Inappropriate language

Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Well put it this way, if you start out with 90 mins. You KNOW the most you are going to get from a stone is 30 mins. If you get 1 TE, you KNOW the most you are going to get is 20 mins, and if you get 2 TE you KNOW the most you are going to get is 10 mins.

Im not sure how that is hard.
    (1)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    if time spent since you enter+ time remaining >120 min you cant extend status
    if x=time spent+time remaining you can extend status by x
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimble View Post
    Well put it this way, if you start out with 90 mins. You KNOW the most you are going to get from a stone is 30 mins. If you get 1 TE, you KNOW the most you are going to get is 20 mins, and if you get 2 TE you KNOW the most you are going to get is 10 mins.

Im not sure how that is hard.
    This. It is the player's responsibility to track their time. Here's an absurd analogy for you to consider:

Install FFXI, read the license agreements, payment policies, etc. and register a credit card for payment. After playing the game for a while, and after SE announces end of the month billing will be taking place and announces the dates certain services will be down during the billing period like the do every month, your account gets suspended because the account had insufficient funds. You start to moan and demand the system be fixed because you weren't notified exactly when the payment was going to go thorugh. You demand that from now on, SE send you an letter 15 days in advance, and email 10 days in advance, and a phone call at least 72 hours in advance notifying you the exact Date and time that your account will be debited so you can make sure that $12.95 USD is there when they process payment. You were duly notified well in advance that billing happens every month around the first of the month when you initially subscribed. Notices are routinely put up with the range of dates for when the billing process would be run--you even get a notice of the pending billing when you log into the game. It was YOUR responsibility to make sure that account had sufficient funds available during those specific time frames.
    (1)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimble View Post
    Basically, im reading "wahhh i was to dumb to figure it out and use my brain!"
    I figured out how it works the first time I used, which was waaay back when visions was release. I haven't used it since.

Everyone I know in-game who has used the menu used it once, realized it doesnt work the way they thought it did, AND NEVER USED IT AGAIN.

"Oops i'm under 5 minutes let me add a stone" falls into the suck less category.

This is the way it should work:

As long as you are under 120 minutes you should be able to add a stone to extend your time, no matter how many stones you've already used, or how many TEs you've gotten. Your stone supply is limited, so this isn't a way to stay in abyssea forever without TEs. The max you would be able to do would be 120 (initial time) + 6*48 =408 minutes.

It's not a huge deal, and most people probably still won't even use it, but it'd be more useful than the current system.
    (1)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    I figured out how it works the first time I used, which was waaay back when visions was release. I haven't used it since.

Everyone I know in-game who has used the menu used it once, realized it doesnt work the way they thought it did, AND NEVER USED IT AGAIN.

"Oops i'm under 5 minutes let me add a stone" falls into the suck less category.

This is the way it should work:

As long as you are under 120 minutes you should be able to add a stone to extend your time, no matter how many stones you've already used, or how many TEs you've gotten. Your stone supply is limited, so this isn't a way to stay in abyssea forever without TEs. The max you would be able to do would be 120 (initial time) + 6*48 =408 minutes.

It's not a huge deal, and most people probably still won't even use it, but it'd be more useful than the current system.
    so i should be able to get out from xp pt with 370 min , go sleep 6h while i left my char in aby, wake, add stones and start solo kill stuff with all light caped, .....
    (1)

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    This. It is the player's responsibility to track their time. Here's an absurd analogy for you to consider:

Install FFXI, read the license agreements, payment policies, etc. and register a credit card for payment. After playing the game for a while, and after SE announces end of the month billing will be taking place and announces the dates certain services will be down during the billing period like the do every month, your account gets suspended because the account had insufficient funds. You start to moan and demand the system be fixed because you weren't notified exactly when the payment was going to go thorugh. You demand that from now on, SE send you an letter 15 days in advance, and email 10 days in advance, and a phone call at least 72 hours in advance notifying you the exact Date and time that your account will be debited so you can make sure that $12.95 USD is there when they process payment. You were duly notified well in advance that billing happens every month around the first of the month when you initially subscribed. Notices are routinely put up with the range of dates for when the billing process would be run--you even get a notice of the pending billing when you log into the game. It was YOUR responsibility to make sure that account had sufficient funds available during those specific time frames.
    No, what I would demand is for a server that handles payments and one that handles registration.

I can assure you I will never use the feature again. But from the start, it should tell you how many minutes you're actually getting from the stone. Arguing against this is just ignorant.
    (0)
    Last edited by Emdub; 06-21-2011 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Inflammatory comment(s)

Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    1) I thought you were done posting?

2) Not knowing how to do basic math is ignorant.
    (1)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast