Character
    Chronofantasy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Expanding the NPC Fellowship system

I would love to see an expansion to the NPC fellowship system that we get to summon out once per day or 4 times per week with the tactics pearl. My poor tarutaru fellow has been stuck at lvl 70 for years now and with the lvl limit increases I would love to see us being able to lvl our fellows up to a higher lvl.

Also, would it be possible to make a NPC fellow more controllable so that we can cast our own spells and use our fellow's WSs and JAs on some sort of separate menu?

Thanks,
    Chronofantasy (Quetzalcoatl)
    (0)

Nice idea. Mine is pretty useless, even at level 65 because he casts Pro and Shell, Haste on himself, then me so that by the time I am ready to engage, all he can cast is Bio II, Paralyze and a couple of other spells, then he runs out of MP. Oh, and let's not forget the event interuption they are famous for. Would also be nice to actually see how much xp he needs to level. There is a chart, but who can keep track of needing 108 fights to level up.
    (0)

I don't really feel like complete manual control is necessary. It is a companion, not a robot after all. Too much control, and it's like a second PUP automaton.

I would however like a few more AI patterns, so that we could get less useless debuffing and more useful buffing. Maybe the NPC shouldn't try to debuff things that are less than EM, because we'll kill it so fast anyway, or maybe there should be a separate debuff/damage AI option and let either healer or soothing healer focus even more on healing and buffing.

Our NPCs should also get with the times. Everyone wears haste and refresh (if mage) gear nowadays, but they don't . Maybe we should be able to give them some more gear as gifts. Things that improve for example haste rating, regen, refresh or even cure potency(!). We wouldn't even have to change the current system of how the NPCs dress, these items could be ring, earring, neck, back and waist items.

For example "Buddy Ring" with 4% haste and 2 mp/tick refresh, and various other gear with similar stats. Because few (none?) visible NPC gear pieces give stats, it wouldn't be broken to put pretty solid stats on these few remaining gear slots.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 03-24-2011 at 11:17 PM.