Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Player
    All I can say is, asking for a job trait for a situation as niche as this is unnecessary. If you sub brd for an extra chance to proc yellow, there is a price to pay for that and fair is fair. I will stop arguing at this point.
    (0)

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    holy shit, i just don't want it for proc, i want to discover more possible options this will give.seems i have to stay a main stream player /sigh

edit: i want finally see only 1 good argument that bst shouldn't get it.
    all u do is your personal experience and because u are so into /dnc & /nin , that's why u are so stuck in it ><
    (0)
    Last edited by Alukat; 05-01-2011 at 02:23 AM.

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat View Post
    but SE stated that they want ppl to try other sub job combinations, sadly can't find that post atm, but with all the trial axes it is neccessary for bst to have DW I. if it hasn't it ppl will always stay a /dnc & /nin for the benefits of 2 axes.
    /nin is pretty useless beside DW I

and I WANT TO TRY other combinations. now why do u always have to buggering my gameplay style ,because of you are of those main stream /dnc or /nin?

Ninja edit: when i was doing trial i just needed /nin for DW, never casted utsusemi once.
    that is a waste of potency in that job
    Edit2: /dnc yeah it is cool if u need to waste tp for steps, when u could use them for ws
    /whm u have cure and u still get the potency out of 2 axes and u won't have to waste tp for steps & waltzes
    holy shit, i just don't want it for proc, i want to discover more possible options this will give.seems i have to stay a main stream player /sigh

edit: i want finally see only 1 good argument that bst shouldn't get it.
    all u do is your personal experience and because u are so into /dnc & /nin , that's why u are so stuck in it ><
    Bolded the above section that I wanted to address first. First off, it is never necessary to have two axes. Yes, it is the most efficient, and the most useful. But it is not "necessary." All you're asking for is an easy mode. You want to see "one good argument" yet you seem to have completely overlooked my post. Let me quote it here:

The only reason people want DW is so that they can still do their two-axes thing while playing a different sub. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to sacrifice something to get something else. That's why RDM (to give an example) has to choose between Divine Seal (double cure potency helps a lot!) and natural -nas from /WHM, Stratagems including AoE versions of their spells and JA-allowed -nas from /SCH, or Elemental Seal and Stun and Sleepga which they could all benefit from /BLM. You have to make choices; you can't have everything just on the argument that "others have it, why don't we?"
    The argument is that you can't have everything. You have to make sacrifices in order to gain other things. You want to be able to dual-wield axes while being able to cure yourself? Use /DNC. Unfortunately you have to sacrifice TP. You want to heal without wasting that TP? Go /WHM or /RDM. You sacrifice dual-wield. You want survivability but don't necessarily need healing? Go /NIN for shadows to tide you over if you need to summon a new pet or kite during a Call Beast/Reward Recast timer. You sacrifice the ability to have curing spells.

The reason that this system of sacrificing some aspects to gain others exists is to create a game balance. SE is encouraging people to try different subjobs, but people are so fixated on "you must have two axes" that you're completely contradicting yourself. If you want to try more subjobs, then do it. You'll have to deal with the sacrifices of losing dual wield or some other aspect of a job that makes them unique.

Easy mode isn't the answer here. No job can have everything; all jobs have their pros and cons, their strengths and their weaknesses. And until I see a good justification as for why BST must have Dual-wield besides the "we need two axes!" line that's merely a mainstream BST thing (and weren't you complaining about being a mainstream BST?), this is the stance I'm taking.

Edit: And before you call ME a mainstream BST, I actually like going out and playing /WHM and /RDM now and again. I keep my Tatami shield around just for that reason; you don't always need Dual Wield.

Afterthought edit: Also, you actually CAN get Dual Wield outside of those subs btw. Get the Dual Wield augment on your ACP body and go to town; it grants dual wield, and it's less than DW1. There you go, two axes, play with different subs. Have fun.
    (2)
    Last edited by Kensagaku; 05-01-2011 at 03:08 AM.
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    talking about game balance, then wtf has SE done to dnc.
    its totally overpowered.
    nin/dnc or dnc/nin can solo almost everything >.>
    75 Evasion Bonus III
    (75) Closed Position (Merit)
    77 Conserve TP
    77 Tactical Parry
    80 Critical Attack Bonus
    80 Dual Wield IV
    80 Accuracy Bonus III
    84 Skillchain Bonus IV
    85~90 Subtle Blow IV
    ~90? Critical Attack Bonus II

way too many usefull job traits at 75+, dnc has everything it needs at 75+.

and with DW I i would have to sacrifice 15% DW
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Not really, the game balance is still there. A decent BST can solo things even without dual axes just as easily as DNC or NIN/DNC can. In fact, we can still solo things that they can't without too much trouble. I've seen testimonies of people soloing Dragua on BST, no brew. When a DNC or NIN/DNC can do that, show me, I'd love to learn so I can solo those cards on my NIN.

The point is that every game has its niche. BST already has a lot of power and potential to it without needing Dual Wield, enabling them to solo a lot of powerful monsters that most jobs would have trouble soloing short of brewing it. We don't need Dual Wield, we've got plenty as it is.
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    talking about game balance, then wtf has SE done to dnc.
    its totally overpowered.
    nin/dnc or dnc/nin can solo almost everything >.>
    75 Evasion Bonus III
    (75) Closed Position (Merit)
    77 Conserve TP
    77 Tactical Parry
    80 Critical Attack Bonus
    80 Dual Wield IV
    80 Accuracy Bonus III
    84 Skillchain Bonus IV
    85~90 Subtle Blow IV
    ~90? Critical Attack Bonus II

way too many usefull job traits at 75+, dnc has everything it needs at 75+.

and with DW I i would have to sacrifice 15% DW
    Red herring troll. maybe you like to move this to other section of forum.

I'm surprised to see the team "mainstream bst" in this thread too. I didn't know there was such a thing. I'll need some proof cuz I really don't think it exists. :P

bst has so many soloers that we like doing things differently. "you don't like the way I play? Fine, I'll go solo it. bye-bye!"

sounds more like bst to me... I also can't help but remember a sig file in alla forums about bst not really being lolled at because of MpK :P.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

please for the love of God someone drop an H-bomb on this thread
    (1)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    It was dying just fine 'til you bumped it...
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    EDIT: nvm yeah just let it die.
    (0)

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Well with THF it's alright because double daggers are a lot more sensible than using just one. xD

Double axes, you can see using one with a shield, or just an axe. Daggers with a shield just looks silly because of the whole reach bit.

BLU gets it because it's an eclectic job, able to use a wide variety of job traits based on the monster spells set (See: Zanshin, Gilfinder, Counter, etc).
    sword + shield looks good too....... but blu still got dual wield.

however, i could swear someone posted here to get KO with DW. it doesn't work.

Edit: now explain pls what dual wield has to do with the job traits which blu get because of spells?
    (0)
    Last edited by Alukat; 07-11-2011 at 07:40 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast