Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Will we get Worms in Monstrosity and if so how will they move!

Can you imagine a worm just sliding around? i am kinda hoping for a 0 tp move that called burrow and we can move then and we burrow again to pop back out! What do you guys think? or like a move that moves us in the general direction we are facing a random distance and position?
    (0)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I put forward a possible solution in a post I made about giving Onyx Antlions the same thing:

"Understandable that we can't go under the map and move around but what if SE gave them an ability that was called "Burrow". When you use it the burrow/unburrow animation goes off but what it really does is give you a variation of Gestation that lets you use Ambush while in this "Burrowed" mode." After using Ambush, the "Burrow" effect would wear off.

For worms, it might need some tweaking. Worms don't have any moves they use while burrowed so they could just use this "Gestation/burrow" mode to get around (We know that Worms sliding around to move is possible thanks to a glitch that happened once many years ago) while making the animation for unburrowing go off when the burrow effect is removed/wears off. However, if SE really wanted to add in a strategic element to this, they could take my suggestion for Onyx Antlion's Ambush and have some kind of damage bonus or other effect apply to Tremors or Earth based magic used by the worms while underground. I'd also assume that only very specific things could be done while burrowed. Onyx Antlions can only use Ambush and "Unburrow", Worms can only use Tremors/offensive Earth magic or "Unburrow", etc.

Obviously, it might be a little overpowered to essentially be able to force yourself "out of play" whenever you want, so I imagine there would be a recast time and/or limited duration on burrowing. There can be other restrictions or counters to this as well, like Orobon's Seismic Tail or other TP moves being able to hit you as well as becoming especially powerful when hit by their AoE while "underground", countering what might be considered an unbeatable strategy. ...Sorry, got off track onto battle dynamics.

The thing I want SE to keep in mind is if there seems to be something that isn't possible from a technical standpoint for Monstrosity, just bend the rules a little if you have to. The "burrowing" I'm proposing is not really burrowing but it has the same effect on battle and is a good replication of what monsters do.

*Amphipteres or Yovra fly far too high for us to have access to that ability? Then give them the flight mechanic that the Wyms and Arimaspi have.

*Rafflesia's Soothing Aroma (AoE Charm, that is, charming more than one target) can't be done due to system limitations? Change it's effects for us to: Charms casters target but also AoE large ATK Down + Amnesia + Mute with a large ATK Boost for the user commensurate with the number of targets hit.

*We can't have the exact same Draw In HNMs do? Give us a very low cost, high range, reverse knockback TP move.

*What about Kick Out, Tail Lash, Spike Flail, etc? Take the directional mechanic for cone based moves (which we already know is possible in Monstrosity) or BLU breath spells (e.i. you can face a group of mobs and hit all of them or you can turn around and just hit your target) and just reverse the direction.

I could go on but point being: These technical limitations don't have to stop SE from giving us certain monsters or complex battle dynamics.
    (3)
    Last edited by Mefuki; 03-12-2014 at 10:26 PM.

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    The worm costume you can use has you go underground( though I'm sure it's a visual effect not under like an actual worm) and pop back up a few seconds later to move, maybe something like that ?
    (0)

Or just make those aby worms available in monstrosity maybe? Dang tho I don't think ANY aby monsters are available in monstrosity...yet
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Quote Originally Posted by Mefuki View Post
    IWe know that Worms sliding around to move is possible thanks to a glitch that happened once many years ago
    Not really the glitch that let us know it was possible. Every mob in the game can move, even trees that are mobs (short for mobile object, really) can move, the server just doesn't do it because it isn't told to do it. Trees that are part of the terrain can't of course. Likewise, chests can be made to move, confluxes can be made to move, even if they don't have a specific movement animation. You just need to set their movement speed to more than 0, and make a script that tells them when and where to move. It's not exactly rocket surgery. From the server's point of view, an NPC that doesn't walk around is the exact same as an abyssea conflux, just that the text you get in your chat log is different.
    (1)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Post #5
    I see. Excellent. So, it's easier then I thought to give us worms. Just set worm movement speed to standard speed while under the effects of "Burrow".
    (0)

http://bg-wiki.com/bg/Monstrosity_Items_Now_Supported!

Everything using the BLU Icon is in there but not supported, I.E not going to happen yet and no Instincts made for them yet. Worms fall under "There but not useable"
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    Dang tho I don't think ANY aby monsters are available in monstrosity...yet
    Well, we have Abyssobugards, which are normal mobs in Aby Misar. That's before counting the ZBs we have which are Sibilus(Aby Kon ZB), Vermillion Wamoura(Aby Att ZB), Ogrebon(Aby Mis ZB), Limascabra(Aby Gra ZB), Gagana(Aby Alt ZB), and Arundimite(Aby Uleg ZB). This also ignores non-ZB NMs which originally came from Abyssea such as Orthrus, Elsmoth, and so on. The only unique Abyssea Worms I know of is Mikey's Purple variant. The White ones might be special too, I'm not sure, but I know large White Worms are found in Gustav now days, I assumed there were some old ones I just never paid any attention to in like Assaults or something.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    http://bg-wiki.com/bg/Monstrosity_Items_Now_Supported!

Everything using the BLU Icon is in there but not supported, I.E not going to happen yet and no Instincts made for them yet. Worms fall under "There but not useable"
    What's interesting about that, originally I remember someone saying normal worms wouldn't be added in Monstrosity, or at least that it wasn't found, and now that list has it in there but no Instincts are listed as of yet. I wonder if SE found a way to implement them and changed their plans?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    Well, we have Abyssobugards, which are normal mobs in Aby Misar. That's before counting the ZBs we have which are Sibilus(Aby Kon ZB), Vermillion Wamoura(Aby Att ZB), Ogrebon(Aby Mis ZB), Limascabra(Aby Gra ZB), Gagana(Aby Alt ZB), and Arundimite(Aby Uleg ZB). This also ignores non-ZB NMs which originally came from Abyssea such as Orthrus, Elsmoth, and so on. The only unique Abyssea Worms I know of is Mikey's Purple variant. The White ones might be special too, I'm not sure, but I know large White Worms are found in Gustav now days, I assumed there were some old ones I just never paid any attention to in like Assaults or something.
    Theres white/gray ones in Uleguerand, and i think Phantom Worm is white as well.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast