Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Rhianu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

One thing that really pisses me off about the FFXI community

One thing that really pisses me off about the FFXI community is that what seems like a vast majority (or at least a large percentage) of the people who play this game absolutely refuse to acknowledge any short comings with FFXI's UI or discuss topics about ways to improve the UI.

If you want to discuss any other topic at all, or suggest improvements to any other area of the game, the community is usually willing to do so in a perfectly mature and respectful manner. But as soon as the subject of UI is brought up, the community instantly degenerates into one of the most immature group of children I've ever encountered in any MMO, slinging insults and flames far worse than anything I've ever encountered in WoW /trade chat.

Why is this? Why so defensive about the UI? FFXI's UI is not some holy grail. It is not some almighty pinical of perfection. In fact, it's horribly flawed in many, many ways. The fact that there are so many windower plugins and various third party programs that all try to fix FFXI's UI is irrefutable proof of this.

Yet despite this, a good chunk of the FFXI community seems totally incapable of discussing UI improvements with any degree of respect or maturity.

FFXI players claim that this game has one of the most mature communities in any MMO, but from what I've seen the level of maturity is exactly the same as any other online game.
    (4)
    Last edited by Rhianu; 04-14-2011 at 04:03 AM.

Player
    UI improvements...

inb4 ps2 limitations >_>
    (2)

Character
    Rhianu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    See, PS2 limitations is an excuse that frequently gets used, but the PS2 actually doesn't impose that many limitations on the UI at all. Maybe a few things as far as resolution and screen-space are concerned, but other than that there are a ton of things that could be done to improve the experience even for the PS2.

Things like a mini-map, showing the EXP bar on-screen at all times (like in WoW and FFXIV), on-screen countdown timers for abilities, showing TP of party members, allowing players to view maps of areas other than the one they're currently in, a quest log that actually provides useful information, organizing the AH categories better, the organization of the config menus...

Really, there are a lot of things where PS2 limitations aren't even a factor.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rhianu; 04-14-2011 at 04:05 AM.

Character
    Jackastheripper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90
    I am pretty sure there are a couple of threads that have good convo and ideas about the UI of the game. Try using the "search thread" function before you just come off sounding like a complete moron. Well done troll for making me read your thread though with such a flame-worthy title. Between said title and your bad-mouthing the community, you seem to fit in well with the rest of us immature children. This being said, I need to go make a suggestion post in the "Site Feedback" section for a /blist option on the forum....
    (0)

You seem angry. Putting Curse words in your Forum Title is a good way to get it locked/Deleted Really fast, Then how are you going to change anything when no one can read your post?

If you want to discuss UI Improvements, Make a thread about it that isn't a giant angry rant, cause this is probably going to be deleted simply because of the Title.
    (5)

Character
    Rhianu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Putting Curse words in your Forum Title is a good way to get it locked/Deleted Really fast
    Is "piss" a curse word?
    (1)

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    I've seen a couple of threads regarding the UI personally, and most of them seem to be mature, decent conversations, just not all that interesting. Comments or suggestions about the game itself though....I'd love to see the mature respectful threads you're seeing lol cuz most of the ones I've seen/read aren't even in the viscinity of mature or respectful, which is why I generally don't bother responding to them lol
    (0)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Character
    Rhianu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubeeky View Post
    I've seen a couple of threads regarding the UI personally, and most of them seem to be mature, decent conversations
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...t-and-mini-map
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhianu View Post
    Is "piss" a curse word?
    sure is. In the English Dictionary anyway, Not sure where you're from, Might be different.
    (0)

Horrid example. The OP of that thread is an idiot/troll who spams the boards with 1-line threads. Anyone who's kept up with General Discussion at all is fairly sick of it; thus the responses.
    (3)

I will have my revenge!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast